Welcome to PatsFans.com

Interesting health insurance article

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Stokes, May 1, 2008.

1. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thought I'd post this, an interesting read on why the high cost of health insurance may not be the fault of the insurance companies. I'm not familiar with the guy that wrote it, so it may be horribly biased in some way (and apologies in advance), but I thought it was worthy of posting:

http://www.slate.com/id/2190273/

The big thing for me here is the expectation that a government run system that eliminates insurers may not be the cost-saving solution some think it is. Of course the article fails to ask the really big question if you believe his conclusion, what SHOULD we do to cut costs then?
    Last edited: May 1, 2008
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

you need to se ethe Frontline piece about other nations healthcare. Most, if not all of them have private hospitals, and private insurers. Most keep costs low by having annual bids on drugs and equipment, making CARE the value to teh consumer. Also, our administrative costs in teh US are 22% compared with 6% in Taiwan and other nations.

REGULATE dont eliminate insurers and hospitals. Thats the answer.
  3. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm with you, I still haven't seen the frontline piece, but I read the stuff you linked to last time.