Welcome to PatsFans.com

Interesting factoid.. Bush released 520 "terrorists" from Guantanamo..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jun 19, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 26 / -33

While a select few got their depends in a bunch over the release of the Uighars.. came across this article this morning about how George released 520 during his reign.. pretty amazing how Fox News and the rest of the right wing propaganda machine missed this..

PolitiFact | More than 500 Guantanamo detainees were released or transferred under Bush

2. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

What this says to me is that many innocent or lower level guys have been released, meaning the ones left behind are the worst of the bunch. That's why there's so much trouble figuring out where to put them, whereas the Saudis etc would take many of the others released, nobody seems to want to take the guys that are left. This also dismisses the notion of Guantanamo as a last stop where the innocent go to rot forever, at least to me.

3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Which is EXACTLY why Prince Obama-man has 'em still locked up!!! Hello?!! Do you think he'd waste one minute letting them stay at Gitmo if he could play the "hero liberator" by releasing them??? Not on your life. He'd love to do it but even he knows there would be beau coup hell to pay.

//

4. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I've actually heard this on FOX news months ago. Shouldn't you be celebrating? Isn't this what you libs want? Or are you upset that all prisoners haven't been released?