Interesting fact: Law Firm v. Ronnie Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
A nugget from down south. . .

It was interesting to see how these two coaches approached Sunday. Here's a for-instance: Belichick ran BenJarvus Green 20 times to get him the necessary yardage to cross 1,000 yards. Ronnie Brown needed 30 yards to get a $500,000 bonus. He got 16. Coincidence?

"No way,'' one player said.

It doesn't matter if it was. What matters is players think this. It's all a by-product of a bad season. We've been here before. Again and again.

Ronnie Brown is the Dolphins' version of Maroney on a larger scale, had a few decent years but equally as disappointing considering where they selected him. It's hard to find long term backs. I actually think Ricky had a better career for taking a few years off and smoking a bunch of weed. Gave his body some time to heal and rejuvenate. Both of them are worn down now though and the stats have suffered with help from the rapid deterioration of Miami's OL.

Last edited:
If the Fins had the lead he would have carried the ball 30 times.

Folks in Miami say that he is simply not serious about football. Parcells threatened to trade him after the 2008 season for his work habits. He also go nailed for the DUI in March.

He is a FA now so that was probably the 'Fins thinking- why pay him if hes gone anyway?

Last edited:
If the players are blaming management for keeping him from that bonus, they should take a look in the mirror. I'd do the same thing if I owned that team; why take $500K from my pocket and put it in Brown's when the team didn't perform up to expectations? Just to be a nice guy?

If you are the player and want that bonus, then you perform so well that it isn't in question.

There was a good segment on ESPN Countdown yesterday morning where Brown's bonus and others were brought up. They interviewed Corey Dillon who needed X amount of yards (1000 I think?) for a $100,000 bonus. BB came up to him the week of the game and said they were going to give him the bonus regardless. Interesting nugget on BB.

There was a good segment on ESPN Countdown yesterday morning where Brown's bonus and others were brought up. They interviewed Corey Dillon who needed X amount of yards (1000 I think?) for a $100,000 bonus. BB came up to him the week of the game and said they were going to give him the bonus regardless. Interesting nugget on BB.

The did the same thing for Branch in 2005. He needed 1000 yards and got 998 or something.

Miami is a class act ...you know :p

Reminds me of the often overused mantra about how "cheap" this organization is.. the reality is that we take care of our own.

BJGE was beaming from ear to ear.. pretty good for an UDFA...

Last edited:

That is a very smart move on BB's behalf.

Here is why. With BJGE didn't really matter what we did, the game was not a must win. So get him the rushing achievement.

However in a game that matters you don't want a player thinking about the personal achievement. If what is going to help the team most is Dillion blocking or being on the sideline. You don't want him fuming in the 4th quarter over 4 yards and $100,000. You want him focused on winning the game regardless of personal accomplishments. What BB did was help that process along.

Excellent motivational tactic, and it was nice of BB to do it.

Bet that ESPN spent the next hour discussing BB as a person and reporting all these acts of BB that they never bothered to cover/report before. ;)

I hope he had a bonus riding on this stat. The guy really deserves it. You know how well liked he is by how everyone congratulated him.

Handing off to Benny on 4th and 16 just so he could reach 1k may have been my favorite single play of the regular season.

That was the moment when Benny (and the rest of us) realized the entire team wanted him to reach that milestone more than even he probably did.

The funny thing is that it isn't even really about the individual accomplishment, but somewhat of a "thanks for busting your ass this season on every play, you and the O-line deserve this" moment.

Some more insight from south Florida on the difference between the Dolphins and the Patriots.

Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall admits to changing play calls – Miami Dolphins – Sun-Sentinel

Marshall also outright admitted he and Tyler Thigpen were improvising on a number of occasions during Sunday’s 38-7 loss to the New England Patriots, where he caught five passes for 97 yards.

Changing plays on the field lead to Marshall having a headed discussion with quarterback coach David Lee, who didn’t like the fact Marshall and Thigpen were changing in-routes to go-routes based on the coverage Marshall was seeing.

Marshall doesn't appear to have much respect for McCourty and apparently just wanted Thigpen to keep passing the ball to him deep.

“I’m 6-5, 230 and have a rookie cornerback that’s 5-10, 180, and [you] need to just throw it up. That’s the type of play my game has been missing all year,” said Marshall, who finished 2010 with 86 receptions for 1,014 yards and three touchdowns.

“When there’s press coverage outside and single safety (high) in the past taking a shot has always worked out pretty good, in my favor,” Marshall said. “That’s something I’ve been trying to get called all year….Trying to get them to understand if I’m covered I’m not covered.”

Wouldn't the time to talk about this, plead your case and come to an agreement be sometime between Monday and Saturday, rather than in the huddle? I also can't help but feel that with Marshall's "just throw me the ball" attitude that he may be more interested in his own stats than in wins and losses; an interception or incompletion doesn't count against his numbers.

Some more insight from south Florida on the difference between the Dolphins and the Patriots.

Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall admits to changing play calls – Miami Dolphins – Sun-Sentinel

Marshall doesn't appear to have much respect for McCourty and apparently just wanted Thigpen to keep passing the ball to him deep.

Wouldn't the time to talk about this, plead your case and come to an agreement be sometime between Monday and Saturday, rather than in the huddle? I also can't help but feel that with Marshall's "just throw me the ball" attitude that he may be more interested in his own stats than in wins and losses; an interception or incompletion doesn't count against his numbers.

This definitely marks a big difference between the Dolphins and the Patriots... but not just because it shows a lack of coaching leadership and discipline. Biggest thing that stands out to me is that Brady and his receivers change the routes based on the coverages all the time, and they have the coach's blessing to do so because they know what they're doing.

And this is why you don't pay big bucks for primma donna WRs. I am so glad we didn't get Marshall in the offseason.

This definitely marks a big difference between the Dolphins and the Patriots... but not just because it shows a lack of coaching leadership and discipline. Biggest thing that stands out to me is that Brady and his receivers change the routes based on the coverages all the time, and they have the coach's blessing to do so because they know what they're doing.

This is a very good point to make.

We can count our blessings that the ownership, coaches, and players, are for once, in perfect sync (about time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back