Welcome to PatsFans.com

Interesting details about McCain's background

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +467 / 18 / -17

As long as some are trying to make Obama guilty by association to Ayers, who committed a crime when Obama was 9 and has since paid his dues and appears to have at most a cursory connection to Obama, I think it makes it fair ground to vet McCain's background. Here's an interesting article I came across that shows McCain was not merely a traitor and adulterer, but also someone who was coddled, engaged in corrupt activities, and was a hypocrite:

http://www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com/node/6065

"As a rising naval officer, McCain was surrounded by rumors of numerous adulterous affairs, such as used to be called “conduct unbecoming an officer.” Author and biographer Robert Timberg has detailed several of McCain’s sexual relationships with subordinates when serving as a Squadron Leader and an Executive Officer. I think we all know such behavior is a clear violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, in other words, a crime.

McCain’s 5½-year stay at the Hanoi Hilton (officially Hoa Loa Prison) has ever since been the subject of great controversy. He maintains that he was tortured and otherwise badly mistreated. One of many who disagree is Dennis Johnson, imprisoned at Hanoi and never given treatment for his broken leg. He reports that every time he saw McCain, who was generally kept segregated, the man was clean-shaven, dressed in fresh clothes, and appeared comfortable among North Vietnamese Army officers. He adds that he frequently heard McCain’s collaborative statements broadcast over the prison’s loud speakers.

Jack McLamb is a highly respected name in law enforcement circles. After 9 years of clandestine operations in Cambodia and unmentionable areas, he returned home to Phoenix where he became one of the most decorated police officers on record. Twice McLamb was named Officer of the Year. He went on to become an FBI hostage negotiator. This man has stated that every one of the many former POWs he has talked with consider McCain a traitor. States McLamb, “He was never tortured…The Vietnamese Communists called him the Songbird, that’s his code name, Songbird McCain, because he just came into the camp singing and telling them everything they wanted to know.” McLamb further quotes former POWs as saying McCain starred in 32 propaganda videos in which he denounced his country and comrades.

2. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So you don't like it, and you're going to express how sleazy a tactic you think it is by doing the same thing yourself?

3. Patters

Ratings:
    +467 / 18 / -17

As long as the crap about Obama gets posted, I will post equivalent things about McCain. And, frankly, I think that the evidence against McCain is stronger than the evidence against Obama, but that said I don't think it's very strong.

4. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I'm not going to question McCain's military background, whether he graduated close to last in his class or not, the guy's arm wasn't abused by playing checkers. I think the bigger issue is how he is still being portrayed as a Maverick. Seems many in his entourage are lobbyists who are not the Maverick types. A few have left the building, but many remain, Phil Grahm for one who is really going to cause some trouble for him.

5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +356 / 9 / -13

Mc Cain had the opportunity to leave early he didn't. CMOH winner Bud Day who was in the Hanoi Hilton with McCain said his imprisionment was honorable.

Patters look up Col Day and try to question his integrity. I say this as someone who isn't going to vote for McCain. I guess mud is the only way to distract from BO's marxist leanings.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  6. Patters

Ratings:
    +467 / 18 / -17

Well, why would he leave? He was busy making propaganda tapes for them and was treated very well, so well that he warmly greeted his captors when he met them again in 1992. As far as Bud Day, big deal. Kerry had 5 men who were at his side and said he acted honorably. I think the evidence that McCain acted dishonorably is reasonably strong, but of course you can find some talking points too.

Look up the guy's who said Kerry acted honorably and recall the disgraceful conduct of the Republican Party in their race against him. Frankly, I hope the Dems bury McCain using the same pages from the Republican playbook. It would be poetic justice. McCain is a womanizer and quite possibly a traitor. Look up Jack McLamb. He's pretty honorable too. I think it's more likely that McCain is a Marxist than Obama.

But, really, my point is that is Republicans are to spread distortions about Obama being a Marxist or terrorist or whatever, then I think it's appropriate to raise similar findings about McCain. Both sides can scrape the bottom of the barrel, and perhaps both sides will this time around.

7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +356 / 9 / -13

This is laughable the guy came back almost crippled.

To dismiss Bud Day this way says a lot. You have no credibility on this issue

O'Neill served with Kerry and confronted Kerry on his service and his lies about NAM back back in the 70's on the Cavitt show befroe Kerry ran for office.

8. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

9. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +692 / 17 / -18

#24 Jersey

Patters, are you ever embarassed to be yourself ? What a f*cling loser.

Your candidate never served in the military and yet you post a link about whether McCain was tortured while he served in the military.

Your link talks about affairs McCain may, or may not, have had 50 or so years ago while one of your favorite ex Presidents (of recent times anyway) is seducing young interns.

Your candidate's wife is on record as not having been proud of this country until a year or two ago.

Your candidate is on record as saying that Reverend Wright was such a profound influence on him; the same Reverend Wright who hates the country and most of the people who live in it.

Patters, you are an embarassment to your country.

10. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You forgot Obama's other spiritual advisor--who's actively campaigned against homosexuals.
    Look it up. Maybe I will later on.

11. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Here. From the Southern Poverty Law Center.
    http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?sid=410

They call him one of "10 leading black religious voices in the anti-gay movement."

If this guy was one of McCain's self proclaimed spiritual advisors, how loud would the howls be, do you suppose?

12. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

http://www.bilerico.com/2008/03/if_obama_can_throw_his_pastor_under_the.php

BTW--from the about us at bilerico: he Bilerico Project is the web's largest LGBTQ group blog with 50 lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and genderqueer contributors. The Project is the coming out and together of LGBTQ activists, politicos, journalists, novelists, advice columnists, and video bloggers.

You'll find news and opinion on the Project from 50 different perspectives and backgrounds. You'll agree with some, disagree with others, and be somewhere in the middle with most. But wherever we're all coming from, we can bridge the geographic divides and have creative and productive conversations about issues important to the LGBT community.

13. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

You are positively despicable for these comments.

BF said it best. You've really embarrassed yourself in this one.

14. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

video would be evidence.

15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +692 / 17 / -18

#24 Jersey

:confused:

The evidence against Obama is stone cold fact. It's on video and in written word. Go take another vacation, Patters, you need it. Badly.

16. Patters

Ratings:
    +467 / 18 / -17

LOL. And I bet you loved the Swiftboat veterans. Those who put up with the Swiftboat liars have no right to get indignant. This crap about McCain will be around as long as the right tries to frame Obama as something he's not. This crap about McCain can only be brought up because of the lies spread about Kerry. If the righties gave a damn about our veterans, they would not have put up with the lies about Kerry and would not have defended a war built on lies that killed 4,000 American soldiers. The right is positively despicable in its hypocrisy, and I'm glad you grouped yourself with someone like BF who believes business owners should have the right to discriminate against people based on their race. When the crap stops about Obama, I'll certainly stop bringing up this stuff about McCain, but no sooner.

17. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So you're happy that Obama calls a virulent anti-gay man as one of his "spiritual advisors"?

You know, while you're saying that the "conservative agenda" is dying, because among other things it's anti-gay.

18. Patters

Ratings:
    +467 / 18 / -17

What evidence are you talking about? Where's the video of Obama and Ayers? :confused:

19. Patters

Ratings:
    +467 / 18 / -17

I have a lot of issues with Obama, but guilt by broad association is not something I subscribe to, but if the right is to try to frame Obama as something he's clearly not -- a Marxist, a terrorist sympathizer, someone who has dangerous Muslim affiliations, and so on -- then the various charges that mostly right-wingers have made against McCain are certainly fair game to bring up.

20. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +692 / 17 / -18

#24 Jersey

Did I mention Ayers ANYWHERE ?

Anyway, there are FAR MORE reports, etc, about that relationship than the sh!t you're dragging up.

Patters. :mad: :bricks: