PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Cromartie tidbit

Status
Not open for further replies.
... in 3 states! :eek:

Across 2 time zones...

But seriously, why can't the cromartie pick up be for both teams? The strength of both passing attacks used to be spread the ball and go deep when you can.

Adding another top flight(hate all you want but Cro is/was top flight.) corner to shut down strong passing attacks on both sides. Makes sense for what they wanted to do last year. But the jets lost their soul from last year IMO.

It cracks me up when people talk about Cromartie as if he was good

He has done well against the Colts, albeit as a Charger.

The fact that the Jets offense is jerkyl and hyde, doesn't really help them. Let's see what Jets offense show up.

Last edited:
They lost that when they got spanked 45-3 :p

Yah I meant it as more of their "ground and pound" attack from last year. Their offense is way more finesse this year.

But yah they definitely broke after that beating we tossed them!!!

Yah I meant it as more of their "ground and pound" attack from last year. Their offense is way more finesse this year.

But yah they definitely broke after that beating we tossed them!!!

I still say Brad Smith is their MVP. Without him, this team probably loses two more games at least (just off the top of my head without analyzing game by game).

Agree essentially jets offense did nothing in Pitt game and won on the KO return by Smith. Jets lost to gb, lost to us, lost to ravens, lost to bears they just havent beat many good (playoff) teams this year Pitt aside.

Agree essentially jets offense did nothing in Pitt game and won on the KO return by Smith. Jets lost to gb, lost to us, lost to ravens, lost to bears they just havent beat many good (playoff) teams this year Pitt aside.

Yah they certainly haven't shown they can beat good defenses. Well see.

That's a very Patriots-centric point of view and is, IMO, wrong.

They split against the Patriots last year. But Indy would have beaten them in the regular season had they not pulled Manning, and then Indy did beat them in AFCCG to end their season.

I can easily see how Ryan and Tannenbaum could see the Patriots as being in decline, and focused on what they had to do to get to the Super Bowl (i.e. beat Manning). The Patriots had been massacred by the Ravens two weeks before the Jets led the Colts in the second half before falling short.
You can kid yourself all you like. Cromartie has had some success against Randy Moss and Revis was the natural switch to Welker. At that point in time the Patriots offense was 3 players. To get an opportunity at the Colts you had to go past New England in the AFC East first.

The Jets have proven they are incapable of matching the Patriots when it truly matters. They had their eyes on sweeping the silverware.

Everything they do is aimed at the Patriots. Rexy never came on board and said I'm not here to kiss Peyton Manning's ring did he. He made the comment about Belichick's rings.

Rexy Ryan is infatuated with the Patriots. Recognize that, accept that and move on.

Last edited:
I think Cromartie matches up well on Wayne if they decided to play him there. He's tall and Wayne has really slowed down, very similar to Moss slowing down in 2008 and 2009. It would free up Revis to place on Garcon probably, who else do they have? Blair White is a crappy version of Austin Collie. The place where the Jets defense has really struggled is in the middle. If a guy like Tamme beats them in the middle along with the guys they have in their backfield, they deserve to lose.

The thing is that Tamme looks quite capable of beating the Jets. He has played very well with Manning throwing the ball to him. The key for the Colts is going to be the resurgence of their run game. If Addai and Brown can keep the Jets defense honest, they're going to be that much harder to stop. Looking at it logically, the Colts have the advantage even if their receivers get taken away. But I really doubt you can shut down Wayne and Garcon. Not with Manning in charge.

mike mayock on nfln thinks the matchup favors the jets with a deeper cornerback depth and lack of quality replacements for manning's injured weapons.

I did not care who won this week but now I want the Jets to win. What better way to crush them than to beat them again and then make them lose a 2nd rounder? :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back