PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting claim: The Jets are more talented than the Patriots by a wide margin

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF the Jests have more talent then it just goes to show that the Pats have the better coach and are a better t-e-a-m. As Bill is quoted as saying, "It's not about collecting talent, it's about building a team."

the jets may have talent but people are forgetting that its not jets d vs pats d or jets o vs pats o. I'll take the pats o vs jets d and as long as sanchez quaterbacking ill take pats d vs jets o.

I'll take your inane Jetsfan rant and raise you a:

not only can we win, we should beat these clowns. They have Tom Brady and a bunch of high schoolers!! Every time i think about the fact that we lost by 42 to these ****suckers I just wanna throw up. Beside Brady I can't think of one player on their team worth mentioning. Who is their running back? Ben Jarvus Green Ellis?? Danny ****** Woodhead? Goddamn Wes Welker the scrawny piece of **** that he is is a threat? 45 year old deion branch we cant stop him? A couple of rookie tight ends?? Fernandez or Hernandez or Martiniez or whatever the **** is name is and Gronkowski? What about their defense?? Goddamn rookies left and right! Honestly the only way the Jets dont win this game is if they played like a bunch of scared ****ies like last time, because its all mental. The jets are way more ****** talented, but they were a bunch vadges in that MNF game from the word goddamn go. Now let's start believing were better than these ****less chowderheads, and we'll win the ****** game!

This Pats team is not THAT good!! - TheGangGreen.com Message Board

Talent is used for acting, so let's draw up a good analogy.

Sanchez vs. Brady is like Stephen Spielberg versus me. You could give Stephen Spielberg a bunch of soap opera actors, crappy editors and cameramen, a pretty bad script, and throw in some third-rate music. You could then give me Russell Crowe, Edward Norton, a great script, all the best producers, a John Williams score, and basically everything else.

Spielberg makes a much better movie than I do.

Same is true about Brady and Sanchez. If you don't have the right director, all of your talent doesn't really amount to much.

Not sure I agree with this analogy. In the grand scheme of things I would say acting requires some of the least talent as opposed to most other jobs. Though I certianly agree directing requires a lot of talent, and Spielberg is a master.

But I agree with your premise.

I heard something similar on the radio a few weeks ago. Essentially, great coaches and great players need one another to realize there full potential.

Last edited:

Yes, that's the O.P. to the post that started the thread I was referring to:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/725224-greatest-thread-ever.html

The post I pulled is from that thread. I find the takes on talent a lot more interesting than the "Brady is gay!"/"Rex is fat!" types of arguments, which I don't see impacting play on the field.

Last edited:
It's not laughable. The Jets are more physically talented than the Patriots. Their depth might no be as good, their QB might be a high-schooler when compared to ours, but if you put their starting 22 against our starting 22 they have more talented players than we do. That is no way means they are a better team, though.

Last edited:
Talent is used for acting, so let's draw up a good analogy.

Sanchez vs. Brady is like Stephen Spielberg versus me. You could give Stephen Spielberg a bunch of soap opera actors, crappy editors and cameramen, a pretty bad script, and throw in some third-rate music. You could then give me Russell Crowe, Edward Norton, a great script, all the best producers, a John Williams score, and basically everything else.

Spielberg makes a much better movie than I do.

Same is true about Brady and Sanchez. If you don't have the right director, all of your talent doesn't really amount to much.

This was a pretty god analogy.

Let's break it down.

Offense:

QB - Brady by a solar system over Sanchez
RB1 - BJGE over Greene
RB2 - Tomlinson over Woodhead
LT - Ferguson/Light Even
LG - Mankins by a mile
C - Mangold slight edge over Koppen
RG - Moore/Neal Even
RT - Vollmer by a mile
TE1 - Gronkowski by a mile
TE2 - Keller slight edge over Hernandez
WR1 - Holmes by a mile over Tate
WR2 - Branch slight edge over Edwards
WR3 - Welker by a mile over Cotchery

Offense:
LT - Ferguson/Light Even
C - Mangold slight edge over Koppen

Only two that are worth a debate.

Ferguson is outstanding

Mangold may be a wider edge over Kop.

Last edited:
I don't think people realize how great Brady is.

I have no argument for the Jets fan here.

Ferguson is outstanding

A statistic to ponder while considering offensive line play:

NY Jets - 28 Sacks Allowed/525 passing attempts
NE Patriots - 25 Sacks Allowed/507 passing attempts

oh really?
super_funny_hilarious_worlds%20funniest_pictures_of_1267053335_funny_gif_3.gif

A statistic to ponder while considering offensive line play:

NY Jets - 28 Sacks Allowed/525 passing attempts
NE Patriots - 25 Sacks Allowed/507 passing attempts

I hear ya.

I think Light/Fergie are equal in pass protection. I think Brick has more power in the running game.

Koppen tends to get overpowered by larger DTs. Mangold seems to be a little more stouter in that specific instance and stronger in the running game.

Sure you could argue the Jets are more talented. But back in 2001, the Steelers and Rams were more talented than the Pats too, and how'd that turn out? ;)

I think that The Patriot offense as a whole are greater than the sum of thier parts.

I think the Patriot defense is more opportunistic than good. A defense that plays well and gains confidence with a big lead but is more tentative and apt to get exposed in close games. With the exception of the Colts game of course.

Ferguson is outstanding

Light's better than Ferguson

I'd break down the O-line like this:

Light > Ferguson
Mankins > Slauson
Mangold > Koppen
Moore > Connolly/Wendell
Vollmer > Hunter

Last edited:
Light's better than Ferguson