Welcome to PatsFans.com

Interesting Chart of where the foreclosures are coming from..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Mar 16, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

Center for Responsible Lending has come out with a chart of foreclosured by Congressional disctrict.. the results are interesting, always thought the Republican Districts tended to be higher income, unless the whole CRA is bunk and that foreclosures do not know income limits..

Underground Examiner: Santelli's losers: republicans

in the Florida situation thought that would be Miami, but it is the Fort Myers region.. that is interesting.. find it interesting that the perception of who this meltdown is effecting may not be the reality.

The 7th district of Georgia has a high median income, and this area is part of the eastern suburbs of Atlanta.. it is 69% white collar.. 85 % white....

The 10th district in Michigan, is 94 % white and employment is diverse, but leans toward white collar..

Here is the whole body of work in case there are doubts about the veracity of the article..

Crl Congressional District Foreclosure Projections
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

Predictable.. that is why I posted the source Center for Responsible Lending.. you seemed to have missed that though.

Find it interesting that the rates are so high outside of Atlanta, Fort Myers and outside of Lansing, Michigan.. would have thought that the highest rates for these areas would have been in Atlanta, Miami or Detroit.. my perception is wrong.

I always thought the Miami was the worst in the nation..
  4. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

center for responsible lending?

that wouldn't by any chance involve barney frank and herb moses?
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

The dumb down of America continues.

I'm just curious, did Santelli ever say that republican deadbeats should get help, and that democrats should not? Did he even mention what party affiliation a deadbeat is certified to come from? I don't think so. Santelli doesn't think the gubmit should be bailing anyone out, who bought more home than they could afford.

The dumb down Part II.

This is the classic "Save the Children" ploy that so many retahds in the media, or anywhere in the world, try to use, when pushing illogical policy that they know will not pass on it's merrits alone. So cuz some woman shot herself, which is obviously tragic, and sad, the gubmit should jump in a bailout the planet. Save the children!!!
  6. Real World

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

A quick Google, and George Soros' name seems to come up a lot. Nice. Anyway, a dead beat is a deadbeat, and my money shouldn't be going to bail out a person that is never, ever going to afford the house they massively overpaid for. Well, not unless some judge decides that the deadbeat in question, only has to pay a fraction of the principle he owes. Sweet. How's the saying go?

"Only in America"
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

Guess the Sandlers do have somewhat of a shady past, and appear to be part of the problem... should have checked the source better.. interesting to see if these figures can be checked if they are verified then the results are interesting.

My intent was not to make it biased, but to look at the demographics associated with each district..

I agree with you about people shooting themselves is flat out stupid, and then the lender giving in is stupider.. if a couple of people do it then we can call it a movement..
  8. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

without analyzing the foreclosures themselves and the political ideologies of the people foreclosed upon, the original point is meaningless
  9. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It was always interesting to me that the more wealthy, prosperous states were more democrat than republican, and that the poorer states with worse education systems, more federal monetary help, and higher rates of divorce and spousal abuse were more republican than democrat.
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

I believe that is what I said.. thanks for paying attention.
  11. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +91 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Detroit says "HELLO", I'm pretty sure that they lead the nation is every bad statistic that their is including "Mayors who ran on "hope and changed" currently in Jail"

OF course if you dislike Republican governments I can assure you that you will be free of those nasty Republicans in Detroit or DC if you wish, just make sure to bring a flack jacket with you when you go.............
  12. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Please take a look at a map. There is a CLEAR trend that the republican states receive the most federal money, have less wealth, have higher divorce rates and murders, etc.
    It's very interesting since nationally republicans are about family values, capitalism, and decreasing federal power.
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

The highest rate of foreclosure is in Macomb COunty, which is north of Detroit.. Detroit is not all that great, but Macomb COunty which is 94% white is worse.. 1 in ever 224 homes is getting foreclosed on.. while Wayne County is 1 in every 245..

Michigan foreclosures by RealtyTrac

Lee county in Fla, home of Ft. Myers... the rate is 1 in 64 being foreclosed on.. that is pretty high.. while Dade County is 1 in 271 homes..

Nationally California is @ 1 in 164 and Nevada is 1 in 69...Arizona 1 in 147...

http://www.realtytrac.com/MapSearch/Florida.html
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

That's idiotic. The states in the NE and SW are the most populated, and most urban, which is absolutely going to mean that they have the richest people. Who's going to have more wealthy people in it, Wyoming, or NY? California, or Kansas?
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

What's the white part supposed to mean? I'm pretty sure you don't want to break down the foreclosure rate among the different races. It would cause a lot of name calling in here.

Michigan has been in a tailspin economically for a decade at least. Citing anything from that state is difficult because it's so bad there. For example, he median home value in Detroit is $7,500. Yes, I said $7,500.

Detroit's outlook falls along with home prices

Motor City on the brink of bankruptcy, but still 15 people want to be mayor

By Tim Jones | Tribune correspondent
    January 29, 2009

DETROIT — It may be tough to get financing for a new car these days, but in Detroit you can buy a house with a credit card.

The median price of a home sold in Detroit in December was $7,500, according to Realcomp, a listing service.

Not $75,000. Remove a zero—it's seven thousand five hundred dollars, substantially less than the lowest-price car on the new-car market.

Detroit's outlook falls along with home prices -- chicagotribune.com
  16. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

How do you define "less wealth"?

Considering that the cost of living is lower in a majority of the conservative states:

[​IMG]

I can't find any stats anywhere to support your claim regarding crime and murder rates.

Divorce rates are really irrelevant in and of themselves. Since in more liberal states a higher majority of couples live together while not married.

Attaching these labels to entire states based upon democrat or liberal slant is rather silly though. You'll find states' voting paterns for President, US congress, governors, state congress, majors, etc. to be all over the board.
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

It was intended to counter the argument about poor minority folks getting CRA loans and then defaulting as the cause of this financial meltdown.. the assumption that an area with 94%white with a median income of 52K + s not a poor area..
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

I agree. This meltdown can't be pinned on one race, group, political party, or policy IMO. The blame goes to all the different people involved. Anyone who lived beyond their means, and decided to buy more than they could afford. Along with any lender who knowingly agreed to give money to someone, who they knew would never be able to pay it back. It's why the bailouts have pissed so many responsible people, like myself, off.
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

Time and time again I have run into people who wanted to buy a 200K house, and went to the bank and got approval for a 400K house.. then the trouble began..

My idiotic ex son in law, bought a tenement house for 175K during the boom, it valued to 200K and he cashed in the 25K by paying a predatory lendor 5K.. he did it three times and soon he was sitting on a note for 275K and no tenant.. guess what?? He did it on 2 tenements.. and now has nothing, including no job.. now he is a statistic on a government chart..

1 in 69 homes in foreclosure in Nevada is plain scary....
  20. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

it takes 2 to tango in this case.........it takes one to be stupid enough to borrow the money they know they can't afford, but many people are proven to be weak that way......

the bigger problem was the people actually lending the money out to people not qualified to get the money........this is where the problem lies.......it is the responsibility of the lender to minimize risk in order for them to maintain a return on investment........that responsibility was compromised by some in the government to equalize the opportunity of home ownership.........now I'd bet dollars to pounds that there was a bigger push by the dem side of the goverment to do this than the repub side........that said, they all went skipping down the hall in a bipartisan manner......you can blame whoever you want, but everyone went along with it.......just like you can blame bush as much as you want for iraq, but the fact is that most everyone in the legislative branch went along with it....just like in 1998 with the The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.....clinton gets the credit for signing it even though everyone went along with it

which goes back down the 1988 ron paul claim that this is really only a one party system here in the US with 2 sides to it........yeah there is the appearance for all us dorks that we choose sides, but if you think about it, what are the chances of our society being so split down the middle unless someone designs the issues to make it so