Welcome to PatsFans.com

Interesting Bet on Tonite's game..

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DarrylS, Oct 30, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

My bro in law lives outside St. Paul and is a huge Minnesota fan. We have been bantering back and forth about a decent wager tonite, originally thought of a bottle of wine, but in this day and age might be hard to ship liquids.But after several conversations we settled on the following:

Whoever wins buys a t-shirt of the winning team, it then gets sent to the looser. The person from the loosing team has to wear it all day on Thanksgiving day, pictures to be taken in the presence of the Turkey and posted via e-mail.

Was in Wal Mart yesterday and saw some really gross tye dye NE Pats t-shirts, think this will be my first purchase in the AM. Should be in the mail by noon.
  2. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

if he loses, he should pay for the damn shirt. but i like the idea. Especially if it's a very crappy shirt.
  3. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +541 / 6 / -0

4. jeffd

jeffd Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You are one evil bastard.... I like it!
  5. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +541 / 6 / -0

Yeah, I'm thinking I should withdraw the suggestion for the sake of the other family members. I wouldn't care to sit through Thanksgiving dinner with my brother-in-law stuffed into one of those.
  6. Michigan Dave

Michigan Dave Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That is tremendous.

I have a bet with a Colts friend of mine. If the Pats advance farther than the Colts in the playoffs, he gets his photo in a Pats jersey, holding a sign that states that I am his daddy. If the Colts advance farther, I do the same.

If the Pats win the Super Bowl, he is going to the bar in a dress. If the Colts win, I will go to the bar in a dress.

Betting against the Colts in the playoffs=easiest win there ever is.

I also stand to get a considerable amount of alcohol when the Pats beat Chicago next month from a Bear fan.
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

My Raider people here in Oakland have lost bets with me for the last 3 years. I have them wear a pair of bright blue Patriots fleece gloves with the fingers cut off so they can still work all day. The bet is usually for a weeks worth of wear. But I tend to shorten the pain, by letting them buy me 3 games to glory.

They stopped betting with me this year.
  8. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Isn't that like taking candy from a baby? I mean, what kind of bet can you make with a Raiders fan these days? Well, yesterday was special for them. Only thing I'd be afraid of is losing and having to wear one of those completely freaked Raider fan costumes. :eek:
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Did not think of the pink angle, that opens a whole bunch of possibilities.. a sick mind is terrible to waste.