Welcome to PatsFans.com

Interesting article on Algore the Hypocrite

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Feb 26, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

so, your point is that Gore should give away all his assets that he's earned and live poor, relatively speaking, like you and me so that he can "practice exactly what he preaches?"... cool...

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

He should shut the hell up about our energy usage is the point. And while he's at it . . . Atkins Diet, buddy . . . man is he getting fat :eek:

4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well said... the whole hypocrisy of the Hollywood left (a group Algore can now loudly proclaim he is a member of) is quite galling... Melissa Etheridge wants to sing a nice song with text in the background telling us all what we should do to help "solve the problem"... things like "Everyone use public transit"... I doubt there was a single member in that audience who currently uses public transit in their daily lives... but those people feel like they have right to tell us how to live our lives....

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I think you are missing his message. And accepting the Rovian one.

I'm sure if there was an electric plane, solar Train etc. Gore would ride it. He is trying to tell you that there is a problem, and we as a planet need to be aware of it, and as a race of humans need to try and fix it.

Statements like yours above are Fox/Hannity/Drudge talking points, and get us nowhere fast.

I didn't see anywhere in Gore's movie, or in his speeches where he says "Everyone needs to do this....or everyone needs to do that". You clearly haven't seen the film, or ignored it if you did. He lays out the problem, presents the evidence, and offers solutions. And all you can do is point fingers, and bash him.

What is so wrong about wanting to stop CO2, and methane from heating our planet? Why are you so offended by people trying to raise awareness about climate change? What are you afraid of?

6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What makes you so sure...? The guy uses 12 times the average American in terms of energy consumption. There is absolutely nothing in his lifestyle that suggest he conserves energy - oh, but he wants all the rest of us to make major sacrifices in our daily lives.

And yet, he's not willing to do his part. I think you are missing my message. And accepting the ultra radical left wing Hollywood loonies one.

Have you ever responded to a Conservative on this board without bringin up "Rovian" or Fox/Hannity/Drudge talking points...?

Then you just ain't paying attention.

I bash him because he is a hypocrite.

Typical liberal, brain dead response. Whenever a Conservative gives an opinion, liberals love to respond with "What are you so afraid of?" or "Why are you so afraid of gay people/black people/Latino people?" (etc.) It's one of the oldest - and most disingenuous - tricks in the book.

For the record: I am not afraid of anything Algore has done. I just don't like being lectured to by hypocrites. No you seem to have no problem with your heroes not practicing what they preach.

Nothing you have said in your feeble post has changed the fact that they are quite extreme in their hypocrisy.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  7. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

wow!

a Conservative doesn't like being lectured by HYPOCRITES! You are priceless...

"America is addicted to oil"
    “The Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised.”
    “[Iraq] has aided, trained and harbored terrorists, including operatives of Al Qaeda.”
    “If we must begin a military campaign, it will be directed against the lawless men who rule your country and not against you.”
    “Should Saddam Hussein choose confrontation, the American people can know that every measure has been taken to avoid war and every measure will be taken to win it.”
    “[T]he only way to reduce the harm and duration of war is to apply the full force and might of our military, and we are prepared to do so.”

Read this:
    http://www.slate.com/?id=2067870

You have been lied to, and the funny thing is you seem to like the taste of it. Yummmm....its like skittles. I love you followers of the talking points memo....the problem you are all having now is that everyone else is on to the game being played. The irony is that the game is actually being played on YOU. And you have no clue.

sorry.

8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

even better... so only poor people have a right to say anything about climate change and energy usage... the rest are all hypocrites...

that's profound analysis...

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +527 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

As long as it doesn't inconvenience him, I guess :rolleyes: So should I skip my smog check because it inconveniences me ? How about it Gorey puts his energy usage where his mouth is and sells his 20 bedroom mansion for, say, a 5 bedroom house ? Then he'd cut his energy usage.

Until then, he's a hypocrite who is abusing the energy he needs for the convenience of a mansion he doesn't "need".

10. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Next NeoTalking Point:

#1854-B "Cows let out more methane gas than humans do....do you want us to kill all the cows?"

11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Typical liberal redirect... :rolleyes: You can't defend your guy against anything I have said here, so you try and just deflect the argument.... :rolleyes:

Qui-Gon: Algore is a hypocrite.

Holy Diver: Oh yeah..?!? Yeah..?!? Well, George Bush..!! Iraq War..!! What are you so afraid of..?!? And stop using talking points..!!

12. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Yeah...Blame Al gore for the failed environmental policy of this administration....
    its helping to cool the ice caps. None of what you people are doing/ saying is positive.

13. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The righties are apparently still POed that their savior turned out to be Ted Haggard, gay meth addict. Take a poll of his church you will find well over 95% of his congregation to be people just like Qui Gon.:confused:

Talk about hypocrites.

14. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

what you are saying is stupid.

"Al gore has a big house, and uses a jet, thus everything he presents in his movie and speeches is hypocritical, thus its wrong"

THAT is what you are saying, and that is rediculous. You are a follower of the memo, admit it.

15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yup.... like I said... typical liberal response... deflect, redirect, deflect, redirect...

QuiGon: Algore is a hypocrite

AAB: Oh yeah..?!? Yeah..?!? Well, Ted Haggard..!! Halliburton..!! Dick Cheney..!! Oh, and stop using talking points...!!

16. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Your feeble reading comprehension skills have once again manifested themselves. If that is your interpretation of what I have said then, no offense, you're too stupid to partake in the conversation, so I suggest you stop making such a public fool of yourself.

17. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Talk about deflecting, dude you are UNREAL!

Al Gore: CO2 is heating the Planet

QuiGon (Via Hannity): Oh YEAH! well he flies on a plane and has a mansion!

18. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think Al is raising awareness and good for him. Now lets just give him the Nobel and be done with it.

But if you want to point fingers at hypocrites, there's plenty to choose from.

You, for example, are probably ready to give up your social security benefits right? I mean considering how you rail against social expenditures...

Have a nice day Ted.

Oh, Qui Gon...its not that I necessarily disagree with you all the time. Its more that I really truly dislike you in general.

19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +527 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

I have said multiple times I would renounce my SS benefits IF AND ONLY IF it was to pay for structural change. By that, I mean that if we privatized it the lost revenue for those retired now would have to be paid for somehow and I would happily allow my future benefits to pay for that IF AND ONLY IF it were to privatize the system so that it would be better for everyone in the future.

20. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +527 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

As opposed to the alternative energy solutions that were generated in 8 years or Clinton/Gore ?