PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting 3 round mock from The Huddle Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the play of mayo has made a lot of people trigger happy on pulling another LB just like mayo. But picking a LB at 23 is different from picking a LB in the top 10. The idea of picking a DE with the first pick and wait to pick a LB in the later rounds is very reasonable. Even if the patriots dont land a good LB in the later rounds, they still have AD and Mayo, their LB core will still be solid.

With peppers and taylor available, DEs will fall and the patriots are in a good spot to pickup a DE that will probally be taken early in the first if peppers and taylor were not available.

Ususally in mock drafts the early picks you should go by name, but later in the rounds I usually look for positions rather than names.

The Pats picks were:
#23 - Tyson Jackson - DE
#34 - Derrick Williams - WR
#47 - Duke Robinson - OG
#58 - William Moore - S
#89 - Ricky Jean-Francios - DT

at 47 the pats might not pick robinson but picking an OLine man is a good pick, same with picking a safety/cb at 58.

Picking an O-lineman is probably a good pick. I question whether Robinson is the player the Pats consider. Same with Will Moor at 58 and RJF at 89.

Hopefully we get some break out players. that would be a nice early bday present :D

Barwin at 66!?! And here half our draft board is worried that we'll miss out on him at #23.

If we split the difference, that puts him at #45. I'd still take him at #34.

Passing on a LB at 34 to pick WR Williams is very strange. Pick a LB at 34 and he has the positions right. I think we all would choose another guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back