Welcome to PatsFans.com

Interest in 28 and the 49ers deal

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by sebman2112, May 5, 2007.

  1. sebman2112

    sebman2112 In the Starting Line-Up

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2007
    Messages:
    4,535
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

    Teams with the most interest:
    Buffalo Bills
    Atlanta Falcons
    San Fran 49ers

    SF initially offered less. They offered pick 147 + next years first, then pick 124 + next years first, then Pioli told them (over the phone) that wasn't enough and NE would have to get 110 + next years first, and San Fran agreed to the deal.
     
    Last edited: May 5, 2007
  2. Pat the Pats Fan

    Pat the Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2005
    Messages:
    2,861
    Likes Received:
    2
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

    #50 Jersey

    Pioli got incredible value for that pic. I don't see how the 9ers #1 next year will even be out of the top 20. So next year we will have a pick in the top 20 and the 32nd in the first round. Cool.
     
  3. zippo59

    zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2006
    Messages:
    5,072
    Likes Received:
    2
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

    So many people were pissing and moaning that we didn't get enough for that pick, but as it turns out we actually got a lot more than San Fran was initially offering.
     
  4. patsox23

    patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    7,397
    Likes Received:
    9
    Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

    SF's pick will almost surely NOT be in the top 20. It doesn't matter to me, since I know we'll get a good value there somehow - especially with it rumored to be a better draft class - but I think people are pipe-dreaming when they think SF is going to tank next year. I hope you're right, though!
     
  5. mgteich

    mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    20,953
    Likes Received:
    134
    Ratings:
    +358 / 26 / -4

    The patriots didn't like this draft at all. We've greatly increased the value of next year's Day One, while adding Moss, Welker, Meriweather, and some prospects. I have three of the prospects making the team, not bad for Day Two of a bad draft. We got all we wanted out of this year's draft. We got all we could for next year. I don't see how we could have done better.
     
  6. BelichickFan

    BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    31,633
    Likes Received:
    218
    Ratings:
    +516 / 13 / -12

    #24 Jersey

    If I were a betting man I would put A LOT of money on this with you.
     
  7. mgteich

    mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    20,953
    Likes Received:
    134
    Ratings:
    +358 / 26 / -4

    You have the 49er's as a sure playoff team (top 12)???? It's surely possible.

     
    Last edited: May 6, 2007
  8. BelichickFan

    BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    31,633
    Likes Received:
    218
    Ratings:
    +516 / 13 / -12

    #24 Jersey

    It's possible the Raiders will make the playoffs too.

    I think there's a 60% chance the 49ers finish 3rd in their division, a 30% chance they finish 4th and a 10% chance they finish in the top two.
     
  9. zoostation

    zoostation In the Starting Line-Up

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2006
    Messages:
    2,037
    Likes Received:
    4
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0


    I'm withya!
     
  10. DarrylS

    DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    41,844
    Likes Received:
    184
    Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

    I think they could, but then again this is early may and a lot can happen between now and January. Guessing who will make the playoffs is a lot like prognosticating about who the Pats will pick in the draft.
     
  11. fair catch fryar

    fair catch fryar In the Starting Line-Up

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2007
    Messages:
    3,123
    Likes Received:
    4
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

    No Jersey Selected

    I agree w/ you! As much as I'd like to see them tank. I still have a few friends that are "hanger-oners" from the Montana years and like to claim how they would have crushed the Pats today:rolleyes: I think the Niners have significantly upgraded a good young team that will probably go 9-7 or 10-6. I do think it will be higher than #28 though.
     
  12. stinkypete

    stinkypete In the Starting Line-Up

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2004
    Messages:
    2,275
    Likes Received:
    17
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1

    #24 Jersey

    I agree with you. I think the Niners are going to sneak into the playoffs with a 9-7 record, and they might be good enough to win a game in the wild card round.

    On another note, I wonder if the relative weakness of this draft class influenced the front office to be such big spenders in free agency this offseason.
     
  13. mgteich

    mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    20,953
    Likes Received:
    134
    Ratings:
    +358 / 26 / -4

    ya think ?

     
  14. cclocke

    cclocke On the Roster

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2004
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    1
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

    Even if SF goes 9-7, which I believe would be a positive season for them, they could still wind up with a pick in the top 20. To say that SF is almost guaranteed to pick outside of the top 20 is nonsense.
     
  15. shakadave

    shakadave In the Starting Line-Up

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2005
    Messages:
    2,235
    Likes Received:
    2
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

    Next year in the first round we'll pick #23 and #32.
     

Share This Page

unset ($sidebar_block_show); ?>