PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(interactive mock) the Patriots have traded down

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
In the interactive mock, New England trades #21 to Indy for #30, a 3rd rounder, and a 2007 second rounder.

I would have taken Cromartie had the Chiefs passed on him. I don't believe that the Pats are interested in DeAngelo Williams, clearly the BPA, at this spot. At this stage, the other talent here (Lawson, Kiwi, Carpenter, Marshall, Whitner, Winston) all seems clumped together. There's little value to taking BPA at #21 when one of these players should be around at #30.

Yes!!
This was the right move.

I like Manny Lawson here. But landing a 2nd next year is really a good deal.

bucky said:
I like Manny Lawson here. But landing a 2nd next year is really a good deal.

This is pretty bad. We have the GM of Indy making a deal that we as Pats fans wish Indy would make.

I, acting as Pittsburgh's GM, offer my entire draft to New England for Jarvis Green and a seventh in 2007.

That being said, there really is no escaping our Pro-NE biases.

Last edited:
I think it adds up on the value chart, but not necessarity in reality. Either way, I figure that's the kind of deal that's going to be made (move down for an extra 3rd to work with). The 2nd rounder in 2007 is unreasonable, but has little effect on what we're doing here.

BTW, I accept Pittsburgh's offer of the entire draft for Jarvis Green and a 2007 7th rounder.

Scot Pioli watch out, there is a new SP in town so think you best give Mangini a call and see if he has any openings. Nice move SP - YOU DA MAN NOW!

Right now in the mock JACs are on the clock
JAC
NYJ
Available Talent:
Cutler QB
White RB
Mulroney RB
Kiwi DE
Carpenter LB
Marshall CB
McNeil OT
Simpson S
So we will get our guy and trade Ammo...

Last edited:
Right now in the mock NYJs are on the clock
NYJ
Available Talent:
White RB
Cutler QB
Mulroney RB
Kiwi DE
Lawson DE
Marshall CB
McNeil OT
Simpson S
So we will get our guy and trade Ammo...
NYJ need new RB talent so they probably take a chance on White or Mulroney. At 21 we could have took D Williams (ranked 11) now at 30 we can get (13,22,23,26 and 2 other players (ranking NFLdraftcountdown))

Oh, I agree with the Patriots trading down. It was absolutely the right move for the Pats. In fact, in my mock drafts I had them trading down with the Colts, but that was after Williams went off the board and the Colts grabbed Maroney.

I just don't see it from the Colts. With at least two, and some would say four, premium RBs in the draft, they trade up to take Williams, when Maroney and Addai fit better into their offense and will probably be there at 30. Plus they had the opportunity to trade for Domanick Davis, who is also a better fit, a proven runner, and signed to a friendly contract.

In an interactive draft on the Colts board, this trade would have been skewered.

You make some real good points.
Honestly valuewise NE would have been fine to pick D Williams.
Also in this mock the NE slant caused a run on LBs rather than what probably will happen with Cutler,OTs,RBs and DBs.
Lastly, I don't believe that houston can give away D Davis unless you think Bush is an every down RB. (he had L white at USC)

jct said:
You make some real good points.
Honestly valuewise NE would have been fine to pick D Williams.
Also in this mock the NE slant caused a run on LBs rather than what probably will happen with Cutler,OTs,RBs and DBs.
Lastly, I don't believe that houston can give away D Davis unless you think Bush is an every down RB. (he had L white at USC)

I didn't want to draft Bush, but I was afraid the other players would be up in arms that it was unrealistic.

I don't think Bush is an every down RB, but I don't think Davis is now either. I think they'll give Vernand Morency or (if they resign him) Jonathan Wells a shot at picking up the tough yards if Bush fails.

I agree with you totally in re: the linebackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes