Welcome to PatsFans.com

Interactive Mock picks through 5 rounds

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by midwestpatsfan, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midwestpatsfan

midwestpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Hi All,
    I have been in an interactive mock for the past couple of days and we are currently in the 5th round. I thought I would give you an update on what I have done and who I have drafted so far. Not to toot my own horn, but if the draft unfolds this way I am going to put peanut butter on my toes and dance through the daisies. :)

Trades: I traded back in round 1 from pick #21 to pick #27 and recieved the panthers 2nd round pick #58

#2 I traded #52 and #75 to #39 (Titans)

So here is what I drafted so far
    #27-Bobby Carpenter, OLB Him and Greenway were still on the board so I new I could get one of the two. Worst case scenario they both get drafted and I take Maroney at 27.

#39-Richard Marshall, CB The deal with Warfield was not done yet, but I still like this pick regardless. Warfield is older and has not played that great in the last couple of years, plus Marshall is a phsicall-up at the LOS type of corner, something the Patriots dont have right now.

#58-Darnell Bing, S Harrison is getting old and Bing is a specimen at the safety spot. He is very physical and plays alot like Harrison does. He should excel in this system and from learning from Harrison.

#86-Greg Jennings, WR While I admit I have never seen him play, but from everything I read about him, he has Patriot player written all over him. Not a big reciever, but what does that really matter here. Sounds like he has great hands, is willing to go across the middle, runs great routes, and is a team leader.

#106-Chris Cocong, DE Cocong is a project pick that could pay big dividends. He will have to learn to play in the 3-4 but he put up some huge numbers in college and looked great at the combine. A physical freak that is similar (and possibly better) than manny lawson, could potentially move to the inside if need be.

#118-Kai Parham, ILB Parham has slipped a bit because of some slow times at his workouts, but he has great size and has played in a 3-4 system throughout college.

#136-Tim Dobbins, ILB Two in a row!!! This is kinda a homer pick for me because I am a huge Cyclone fan, but to be fair, I think this is good value right here. Dobbins is a guy with a lot of "upside" Great size and speed and he is awesome against the run. Needs to work on his pass coverage, but could develop into a stud at the postion.

Well, that is where we are at right now. What do you guys think? What should I focus on next? I am thinking RB or OL depending on the value.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  2. Mosi Moose

Mosi Moose Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I like your ideas, but there is no way that Marshall or Bing last that long
  3. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Ya could have done worse! ;)
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I think you'll be surprised. It's a deep draft, guys will drop. Those two, in particular, I think are each 50-50 to be there at that point.

Heck of a draft, btw.
  5. Feep_FLA

Feep_FLA Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nice darft.....I likey! I believe they will trade to get into the lower 2nd round.
  6. nickw308810

nickw308810 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I like your trades, you definitely did a good job making those deals happen. Getting Carpenter and Marshall is a solid draft in itself. I like Bing, and have no doubt that he would find a spot on our team, but I am beginning to think FS is more of a need than SS. We could probably go without drafting either. Bing is good value as a future replacement for Rodney if you don't think Sanders can cut it though. Jennings was a good pick, but in most interactive mocks he slides a little lower than that. (though when drew and I got him in the 6th a couple of weeks ago that was just unrealistic). I would have liked to have seen an RB and an OL in there somewhere. Nice draft though.
  7. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Nice draft! Notice that with the exception of one WR, there's no other offense? I'd still like to see an Oline or RB project in there.
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

If anything I would have added another WR to compete with Caldwell and Jennings for the 2 & 3 spot. Not that I would object to an OL or RB but a second WR draftee would interest me more.
  9. midwestpatsfan

midwestpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Well the draft has continued and I am through the sixth round now. Here has what I picked up since originally posting.

6th rd.

#191- Dontrell Moore, Rb Washington St. Moore played against some solid competition this year and has played very well. This pick was a need/value pick here.

#205-Ryan Cook, C/G Cook is huge at over 6'7" and has a lot of versitility. He started out at Tackle in college and moved to Center. He also projects well at Guard at the next level, so he brings depth to a lot of posiitions.

#206-Steve Fafita, DT He is short but big and should project well to play NT in the 3-4 defense. Will be a nice backup for Vince Wilfork I think.

Not sure if these guys will actually be there, but I think this should help fill some lesser needs with some potential players there.

My last pick should be coming up this afternoon- I am looking at the TE position and am hoping that Garrett Mills is still on the board when I pick. Any other suggestions for the last pick would be appreciated.
  10. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Sorry mdwest, I missed that you had only gone through 5 rds in your first post! As far as a suggestion for your final pick, how about a steel-nerved kicker!!
  11. big mike

big mike Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Huh?

Marshall is very likely to last to pick #39. Many mocks have him lasting to our second round pick (without trading up).
  12. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +956 / 9 / -2

#11 Jersey

Wow, that's mighty good. Love Moore in the 6th...in fact, I would even have been happy with him in the 3rd.
  13. big mike

big mike Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Overall I think you did a great job. I love the trade down to get Carpenter, and then getting Marshall in round 2. I love getting GoCong AND Parham where you did, and really hope those four picks work out that way. I think Jennings is a good pick too. The only one I would change is Bing - I'd much rather take either an RB (was Jerrious Norwood on the board still?) or TE there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.