PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interactive mock (not ours)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryheat44

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
In the football outsiders interactive mock, an interesting thing happened. Houston traded Domanick Davis, Jason Babin and #33 to the Patriots for #21 and two fifth rounders. Pats GM took Carpenter at #33.

To the Pats GM (don't know who he/she is), I salute you. Hopefully, Casserly can make that trade for the Texans.

Holy BB/Pioli......

Now that's imagination and fit and out and out thievery!

Nice trade, did they say where NE got the extra 5th?

Box_O_Rocks said:
Nice trade, did they say where NE got the extra 5th?

Actually, it was two separate trades:

Houston trades Jason Babin to New England for a 5th (136) and a 2007 conditional pick (as high as a 2, as low as a 5th)

New England trades 1st (21) to Houston for 2nd (33) and Domanick Davis.

At 33, other players available were Wimbley, Winston, Mangold, Hali, Moss, Joseph, and Simpson.

The GM drafted Daniel Bullocks at 52. Among those still on the board: Klopfenstein, Addai, Gilles, Anderson, Hagan, McCargo, Stovall.

dryheat44 said:
Actually, it was two separate trades:

Houston trades Jason Babin to New England for a 5th (136) and a 2007 conditional pick (as high as a 2, as low as a 5th)

New England trades 1st (21) to Houston for 2nd (33) and Domanick Davis.

At 33, other players available were Wimbley, Winston, Mangold, Hali, Moss, Joseph, and Simpson.

The GM drafted Daniel Bullocks at 52. Among those still on the board: Klopfenstein, Addai, Gilles, Anderson, Hagan, McCargo, Stovall.
Very nice trades, I would have chosen different players off the remainders you cited, still; the Pats are forging ahead with those deals.

dryheat44 said:
In the football outsiders interactive mock, an interesting thing happened. Houston traded Domanick Davis, Jason Babin and #33 to the Patriots for #21 and two fifth rounders. Pats GM took Carpenter at #33.

To the Pats GM (don't know who he/she is), I salute you. Hopefully, Casserly can make that trade for the Texans.
Very solid. I would probably end up drinking two beers at once if I saw something to that effect this weekend.

Irish Hooligan said:
Very solid. I would probably end up drinking two beers at once if I saw something to that effect this weekend.
Um, how does that differ from your standard weekend? :rolleyes:

Did houston have to do this trade to get Marshall?

I was curious who they were so high on at 21...

"Texans have acquired 21st pick.

With the 21st pick of the 2006 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select Richard Marshall out of Fresno State "

Just curious about the other side perspective?
I don't see why they felt the need to move up to get Marshall, maybe you all can clue me in. :) Don't get me wrong, I would love it if the Pats trade down, just curious about the motivation for Houston..

Give me Peek instead of Babin and I'm sending the Texans front office to the police station, because they have been robbed>>>>>>>>>

Joe_n99 said:
I was curious who they were so high on at 21...

"Texans have acquired 21st pick.

With the 21st pick of the 2006 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select Richard Marshall out of Fresno State "

Just curious about the other side perspective?
I don't see why they felt the need to move up to get Marshall, maybe you all can clue me in. :) Don't get me wrong, I would love it if the Pats trade down, just curious about the motivation for Houston..

I think it was more Houston trying to unload Davis. Get rid of the RB controversy before it starts. That's what I would have done.

dryheat44 said:
I think it was more Houston trying to unload Davis. Get rid of the RB controversy before it starts. That's what I would have done.
Well, that makes too much sense. Thinking about the regular season and such ahead of time. I was all wrapped up in draft value thinking.

Anyway, the Pats GM in this mock is doing a great job...
"Seattle trades pick #74 to New England for picks #86 and #118"

"With the 74th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots select Alan Zemaitis out of Penn State "

"With the 75th pick of the 2006 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots select Jason Avant out of the University of Michigan. "

Philly was targeting Zemaitis with two picks later.... Pats trumped 'em! Love it.

Avant could be something special in our offense. He runs good routes and is very quick twitched. He can block a little and has decent hands. He's not a ST player, but if he can learn the offense quickly, he should get plenty of PT in his first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back