PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interactive Mock Draft Version 2.0???

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.C Vegas

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I know this might be earky but hey it's an idea last year i attempt to run on but I think i might have lack a little planning so this year i will plan now.

I was thinking do it 1-2 weeks before the real draft and just let people pick a team to pick for and try to have everyone there. After the season I'll post it post it on the main board too i would love to have 32 people in it.

any suggestions would be greatly appraited (as long as your not being a ****)

didnt participate but i remember everyone being pissed that people werent checking when their turn was...maybe set a time limit for when they have to make their pick by (so basically they are on a real-time clock)...not sure if you did that last year...but basically if they arent around their team is outta luck...

or...
maybe a moderator could make the pick for them if they arent around(they could determine wat the best pick available/ need) is

i think if i plan far enough ahead i can get everyone there
and mybe i can get a mod to help me set it up better

All good ideas...the problem last year was you really had no clue when your pick was up. I remember one frustrating day about 7 hours passed without a pick being made. The next day about 15 picks were done in an hour. There was no pace to it and people gave up mid 2nd round.

I think a schedule should be made before the draft. Suppose the draft starts the Saturday before at 10AM (totally random time here). The Lions pick can be due at 10:10, the Raiders pick at 10:20, the Browns at 10:30, etc. If a schedule is pre-determined, we can plan on being at the computer.

I agree that there should be a moderator. If I'm not available to make my pick, I could send my teams draft board to that moderator to pick the BPA. Also, trades should require approval. Last year's interactive mock turned into a free for all of bad trades all in the Pats favor. Homerism should never trump objectivity here.

My biggest thing is i was 32 people here to just make things that much easier i'm glad i have a few month to work in it

I was thinking do it 1-2 weeks before the real draft and just let people pick a team to pick for and try to have everyone there. After the season I'll post it post it on the main board too i would love to have 32 people in it.

May I suggest that you use the Chat function here at PatsFans.com. Get all 32 "GM's" in the chat room and run it with a 30 second time limit in between selections. Use a master list (Great Blue North draft site is free and usually has a top 300 list). Do this on a weeknight or saturday!

I'd love to participate, but I am only interested in the Patriots draft picks.

That is a good idea about the chat room i might try to use that and i'm planning on taking people who want to do after the season is over (hopefully in febuary) and hope to get 32 people and go for it

i participated, dont think i got any pics right, we should just make a clock, but then the prob is who makes the pick for that person, and how
we did some polls etc
but then the prob is getttin ppl to vote on the polls and all

I really enjoyed the interactive mock last year. However, there were admittedly some problems. This year we definitely a few things:

1. Scheduled time slot. Three- or five-minute intervals would move things along quickly.

2. A better system for making a pick for a person who doesn't make theirs. The best way of doing this seems to me to have each player make a list of the top 1-3 positions they want for each pick and sends them to someone administering the mock. (Personally, I'd prefer PMing or email to posting these because it would ruin the suspense and change strategy.) Then, using either a default list chosen by everyone participating in the mock (I'd suggest Great Blue North's list, with 300 different players highlighted - more than enough), or a custom list made by the picker, the automatic pick would be the top player ranked at one of those three positions.

3. A better-established trade system. Trades would have to occur during the said interval or they wouldn't be valid; if the time limit goes by, the automatic pick would be posted.

4. A temporary board made solely for the purpose of the interactive draft would help lower complaints about the interactive mock taking over the draft board.

These seem like good improvements on the system to me.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the interactive mock last year. However, there were admittedly some problems. This year we definitely a few things:

1. Scheduled time slot. Three- or five-minute intervals would move things along quickly.

2. A better system for making a pick for a person who doesn't make theirs. The best way of doing this seems to me to have each player make a list of the top 1-3 positions they want for each pick and sends them to someone administering the mock. (Personally, I'd prefer PMing or email to posting these because it would ruin the suspense and change strategy.) Then, using either a default list chosen by everyone participating in the mock (I'd suggest Great Blue North's list, with 300 different players highlighted - more than enough), or a custom list made by the picker, the automatic pick would be the top player ranked at one of those three positions.

3. A better-established trade system. Trades would have to occur during the said interval or they wouldn't be valid; if the time limit goes by, the automatic pick would be posted.

4. A temporary board made solely for the purpose of the interactive draft would help lower complaints about the interactive mock taking over the draft board.

These seem like good improvements on the system to me.

I agree with the ideas above and I would like to participate in this years draft also and I'm glad we are getting a early start on suggestions so we can have a good number of participants and don't disturb anyone that is not involved in this forum. I certainly like the idea of the moderator so that the draft doesn't have long periods of waiting like last year.

if any moderatior would like to help me with this after the season is over it would be greatly apprciated and i do think a set time would be great don't worry i am keep track of the suggestions and am formulating a plan and a back up for me if real life gets in the way

Last edited:
I said After the season was over I'd focus more on this so here i am the first thing i wasnt to do is see if anyone is intersted in doing it and help the plan of it. i am going to post part of this on the main board tommorow morning and I'll hope to get 32 people to do it

I said After the season was over I'd focus more on this so here i am the first thing i wasnt to do is see if anyone is intersted in doing it and help the plan of it. i am going to post part of this on the main board tommorow morning and I'll hope to get 32 people to do it

id be interested in participating once again
last yr i had the bengals and browns
i didnt pick all those boys that got arrested!!!!

I love this idea, and would love to get involved. I think I had the Saints and GIANTS last year, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
I believe I had the Minnesota Vikings and Kansas City Chiefs last year and if I had to settle for one since you are looking for 32 General Managers I would prefer the Vikings.

One suggestion might be to make a time slot ( 7:00 to 10:00 pm for instance) for the active part of the picks. Many work and couldn't be available when their turn came. Trades, etc. could be made in between and posted by 6:00 pm before the active slot. Should be able to get it done in 3-4 nights. I had Miami and Balt. but I just took what was leftover.

I'm still hoping to get a mods help in case the real world (aka my son or work) get in the way. i am fully planning on setting a time and time limit i have 2 months to plan it and i am taking full advantage adn i am writing everone who want to participate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back