Welcome to PatsFans.com

Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism - (MERGED)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Feb 2, 2012.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

For the most part racism was a survival mechanism for thousands of years - it's how we came to exist by protecting ourselves from anything that looked different. Education, civilized societies, media exposure, communication have all aided in moving on from a survival mechanism no longer needed in today's world.

So let's face it ... if you are less intelligent, closeted, live more or less isolated and your parents and their parents came from the same you are more apt to have certain prejudices and or racist tendencies. It doesn't mean you will have them but the potential is there. Show up to an undiscovered tribal people somewhere and they are not going to roll out the welcome mat. Even in my state of Rhode Island I see differences between city people, town people and suburban people ... viewpoints become a bit less broad as you venture away from large population areas. Tolerance perhaps not what it should be but it's not blatant ... just kind of there somewhere.

I have commented before that today's children in America are way less color blind than their parents and their kids perhaps will be less than them and so on. As the generations go by prejudice and racism will still be there but it won't be a factor of liberalism or conservatism. We still have a ton of prejudice and racism in undeveloped and mildly developed countries - countries where liberalism and conservatism are not even part of the language.

The study was so flawed it's ridiculous. Why we are seeing this now is because it's primary time. When the democrats were slugging it out we saw all kinds of liberalism studies and opinions coming out. such is the nature of politics ... use flawed science and/or studies to alter opinion ... it is what it is. Make all the republican candidates and their voters look like closeted morons - take no chances and no prisoners it's politics and power at stake.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I know braindead and a*holes of all colors and politics so whatever on that "study" but just an interesting tidbit: Oliver Stone, obviously no conservative, says he supports Ron Paul because Paul's the only candidate who's saying anything intelligent about the future of the world. So does this make leftie Stone more intelligent or does it make conservative Ron Paul more intelligent:p
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

Very witty!! I'm jealous cuz I wish I said it!
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

This is freaking hilarious! You bit the study hook line and sinker! You don't get it, do you?
  5. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Fantasic post Icy. Kudos to you sir
  6. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Study shows conservatives have better sex than liberals, just not as often:

Republicans are 40 per cent more likely to have good sex, claims survey | Mail Online

Here's why:
  7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +234 / 8 / -13

Sorry you missed the sarcasm, were you part of the study? :singing:
  9. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What is the point of this? For some liberal to act all high and mighty? To me a study like this just shows more proof that as long as Americans continue to see things as political the country will continue to go in the wrong direction. We should be working together instead of against each other. I, for one, would support getting rid of the party system all together.
  10. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +556 / 7 / -9

There is also a distinction between those who may have some facility in one or another trade, however technical it may be, but are incapable of expressing themselves on broader topics, due at least in part to language barriers -- to their own language.

We should make allowances for those odd birds who aspire to adequacy in one or another walk of life, and only slightly miss the bar, despite their utter failure to grasp more complex subject matter such as syntax.

PFnV
  11. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

It has gotten so bad here that our most partisan members can't even click on "Like" if the poster isn't a member of their party.

I have no issues with clicking "Like" on any member's post if I LIKE their post. But it would KILL some members to do that. I guess they feel it would be like kissing their enemy...I dunno, guess you'd have to ask them.

Someday, the truly intelligent people will finally realize that "Left & Right" doesn't even exist other than in their minds. Political party membership and loyalty is not a badge of honor to be worn proudly. The only thing we should be proud about is our freedom to choose to believe as we do.

The Truth is, partisanship is a close-minded perspective held by many who spout about being more open-minded.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  12. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +556 / 7 / -9

I "liked" STF on that "CONSERVATIVE SMASH" thing just yesterday, but I think people like what they like; they're more likely to "like" things said by someone who shares their views. However, you'll note that any thread started by someone to the left of the local center gets one-starred almost immediately.
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

God Damn White People
  14. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Exactly. Our system has become a sideshow anyway, it stopped working the way it was intended to work a long time ago.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Oh...feeling stupid now...[​IMG]
  16. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +556 / 7 / -9

Psychology Today: Are Racism/Conservativism/Low IQ linked?

Do Racism, Conservatism, and Low I.Q. Go Hand in Hand? | Psychology Today

Blog entry. Here's one of he source papers -

http://theconstitutionalistblog.com/wp-content/uploads/Dark-minds_Republican-thinking.pdf

17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

18. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +556 / 7 / -9

Stupid enough to idolize Sarah Palin?
  19. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

I wonder about the IQ of anyone would bother to dig this 20 month old thread up.:D:cool:

Low IQ is refected by the depth of loyalty to a political party in America.
  20. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +641 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

At the very least, it demonstrates a dearth of ability or willingness to think critically.