Welcome to PatsFans.com

Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism - (MERGED)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 22 / -19

Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism

Are racists dumb? Do conservatives tend to be less intelligent than liberals? A provocative new study from Brock University in Ontario suggests the answer to both questions may be a qualified yes.

Dr. Gordon Hodson, a professor of psychology at the university and the study's lead author, said the finding represented evidence of a vicious cycle: People of low intelligence gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, which stress resistance to change and, in turn, prejudice, he told LiveScience.

"Reality is complicated and messy," he told The Huffington Post in an email. "Ideologies get rid of the messiness and impose a simpler solution. So, it may not be surprising that people with less cognitive capacity will be attracted to simplifying ideologies."

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,988 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

This thread proves what I have been saying for years ... the :rofl: is that a liberal needs a flawed study to feel good about themselves ... actually that is a 3 roller at least :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

.02 difference and Patters jumped all over it ... :rofl: :bricks:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 15 / -8

Study: Low IQ linked to prejudice, racism, conservative ideology
    Conservatives: Liberals did that study!

"I want to show you something... this is my shocked face :eek:"

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 22 / -19

I've stated before that I don't hold intelligence tests in high regard, but nonetheless given the stereotypes often applied by conservatives, e.g., "If you're not liberal when you're young, you have no heart. If you're not conservative when you're older, you have no brain," I thought it's worth posting.

I recently read about intelligence tests that in the 1920s, researchers found that Italians and blacks had the same low IQs, with Jews and Irish fairing only slightly better, while the Anglo Saxons were shown to be the most intelligent. This was based on intelligence tests given to nearly 2 million WWI troops. Of course, when later on researchers pointed out that these same results showed that southern whites were less intelligent than northern blacks, the original researchers quietly tiptoed out of the room.

5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +246 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Prejudice is connected to low I.Q.? Finally a valid scientific study that confirms why some people here hold so much prejudice against conservatives.:rolleyes:

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

It could be just as simple as age. IQ measurements tends to decrease just a bit with the aging process. Liberals tend to be younger than conservatives.

There ya go.

7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

These be pretiE phunNie PattUrs! How you cOme do thIs all dA tiMe?

sEe my sig for Yor ansWur.

I thInK yOr gOing to PUrgaTory....

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,121 / 3 / -10

Does that also go for The Racist Minority's like Harry Belefonte and the Louis Farrakhan Gang, how aout the street punks that are always throwing the words "Wihite Mother F-cker" around, does it go for The Rap Crappers and some of their Violent Racist Filthy Degrading Of Women Garbage does it go for the millions of Minorty's in America of all different cultures who choose to live and socialize with their own kind in their own neighborhoods, do they all have Low IQ's?

9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

The answer is quite simply...

YES, it does Harry. No one would be stupid enough to post a study that only included caucasians.

10. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Whatever makes you feel better Patters...

What is your desired outcome of this thread? To make yourself feel superior to those knuck dragging, mouth breathing Conservatives.

I know some really smart Conservatives and dumb ones. Ive known some smart Liberals, and not so smart ones. The most racist person I have ever met is a die hard liberal, pro all democrat causes, but really hates non whites. And he wouldnt piss on a Republican if they were on fire.

My point being, is this study attempting to prove causation? If so I don't think you could prove that ones causes the other. Being dumb doesn't cause people to be Conservative or Liberal, it just causes you to be dumb.

If it is saying that dumb people tend to be racists... well holy crap someone commissioned a study to conclude that?

11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I saw this study on Yahoo last week. I didn't post it because it assumes way too much and is insulting to conservatives. Just because, if you're a liberal, you are offended by stupid comments by conservatives about liberals is no reason to be insulting back. It's not productive and makes you smaller. I know too many intelligent, non-racist conservatives and too many stupid, liberal racists (the kind who lock their doors when black kids come near their car) to support this useless "finding". Racists are stupid people regardless of what they fancy themselves to be. Not buying it.

BTW, I've known some pretty dumb fu(%s who are liberal and not racist...not to mention some really smart bastids who are racist a-holes too.

12. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

BINGO! We got BINGO!

Great post Wista - what I was attempting to say, you just are much better at writing it.

QFTMF

13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

This post is just so true on so many levels!

You sum what the real truth is. People are people and dinks and a**holes come in all shapes, sizes and political views. My life experience matches yours exactly.

I grew up a blue-collar almost purely democratic town and we had a lot of racists neighbors and very few minorities.

Anything or anyone that attempts to draw a link between racism and political view is small-minded indeed.

Kudo's to you for seeing this article and refusing to post it!

14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,121 / 3 / -10

Harry Loves This

15. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Me no know what to say to study thing. Me just stupid conservative.

Now me am angry because me confused. CONSERVATIVE SMASH!

16. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +153 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Maybe. I was in college 17 years ago and took college level math courses. My 16 year old's take statistics this year in High School. I've looked at their homework and I might as well be reading Chinese.

To me racism and prejudice is a lack of common sense, I've met many "smart people" who are lacking in that department.

17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +452 / 12 / -14

Well if one were generalizing one could say that the poor on average less intelligent than the people who are rich or better off. So if one had a low IQ they would be tend to be poorer and more likely (on average) to be dependent on government programs. The people who are poor and dependent on government programs, they also are liberal and vote for the left ie dems very reliably

So from that POV, this study would explain the racism we see on the left and their obsession with demonizing their opponents. The conservative part is just the usual projection by the left.

18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +775 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

This is just hysterical on so many levels.

19. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +452 / 12 / -14

So on average poor people and people dependent on government programs are smarter than the rich?

Got ststs to support that position?

20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +775 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

ROFLMAO

That's not exactly what I was referring to, 13, although I am pretty sure there are smart people who are unable to work due to physical reasons and there are intelligent people who have been forced to rely on food stamps or medical assistance just as I am sure there are rich people who are stupider than sh!t and just happened to be in the right place at the right time or who had parents who were rich or who made their fortune based on their physical attributes rather than their mental ones.