Welcome to PatsFans.com

Integrity back to the Oval Office

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You all know where I satnd with this administration. I feel that 7 years out of an 8 year term might be a good place to see if the platform for Honesty and Integrity that Bush/Cheney ran on in 2000 has come true.

The Question:

In your opinion, has the Oval Ofiice become more honest and brought more integrity than the previous clinton administration?
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Without a doubt. No comparison. The Clinton White House was more dishonest than any other in history.

M-o-n-i-c-a L-e-w-i-n-s-k-y.

And someday we'll know exactly what Sandy Burglar took from the National Archives, and why. Some day.

//
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

The Oval Office:
    Whenever the term "Oval Office" is used this is what most people all over the world think of.

"oh Bill, faster Bill, I love you"

"oh Monica, thats it Monica, Oh Monica"

"Oh bill, use the cigar bill, the one from Cuba"

"Oh Jusus Christ Almighty"

"Monica Arrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh, gasp"

While all this sh!t was going on down in Florida a bunch of Muslims were learning how to fly but not land.
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Wow, and no counter examples of dishonesty from the Bush administration? You can't think of any? Not surprising for a man who defends Nixon. Now there was some integrity.

I'm not going to answer the original question because my opinion on this is already so well known. Neither do I think the Clinton years were filled with integrity.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yes.

The actual question is did the bush admin bring Honesty and integrity BACK...(a difficult thing to accomplish)...not who was more honest.

Everyone knows Clinton lied to the people, the congress and his family. Has Bush brough the honor back to the white house?
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Obviously I say no.
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The original question did not ask if "perfection" was attained by the Bush administration, just whether it had "brought integrity back", so I stand by my answer: an unqualified, "Yes".

And someday, when you get to meet Nixon, you will be looking up to him (from your present stance).

//
  8. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm not going where Nixon went. If there's a heaven & hell, me thinks Nixon, you, and Rev. Moon will all have a great time together in one of those places.
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Nixon was a failure as president....

If I'm not mistaken, he left the whitehouse in shame, surrounded by a cloud of impeachment in a helecoptor made of poop. I might be wrong...maybe I'm getting my facts mixed up.
  10. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It was all politics, they ruined a great man. Sending burglars to spy on his political opponents was a heroic move, by breaking the law he was a patriot. Firing 2 Attorneys General so the special counsel would stop investigating him was just another example of his brilliance and willingness to do anything to protect America.

Fellow conservatives Elliot Richardson, his AG, & William Ruckelshaus, his deputy AG, were the traitors for refusing his order. The President is always right, except when he's a Democrat!

Only Fogbuster and Stephen Colbert (the character) would defend Nixon.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Your choice.

//
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

word.

I guess I DID get my fact all messed up, thaks for putting the spin back to the "RIGHT" side.....pun intended and sarcasm HEAVY.
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You are. Anyway, you can ask him yourself some day. Then decide.

//
  14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +159 / 4 / -4

This administration is about as dishonest as you get, -- secretive, using signing statements in ways that have never done before, breaking the law until the courts ordered them not to, lied repeatedly about events in Iraq, made a mess out of the Justice Department, fired dozens of people who didn't tow the administration line, etc. Bush is competing with the likes of Hayes and Nixon as the most corrupt. Clinton's private life is certainly nothing to boast about, but at least wasn't a drug abuser and an alcoholic. Sex doesn't damage minds. Drugs and alcohol do, as our president demonstrates on regular basis.
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, and George Washington broke a few "laws" in his day, so your point is utterly meaningless.

Anyway, I'm not the only one (don't know Steve Colbert). There are many others who love him for being a man of integrity and guts. I guess the "3rd way" sources you like to visit on the web don't see it that way.

//
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The ones I like to visit? Nope, they sure don't. But luckily even your view must be represented somewhere.

By the way, did it take guts to fire two AG's? Or is that the move of a desperate coward who's running out of options?
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

"Hi Hillary, this is Billy, tomorrow is my last day, did you get all the silverware"

"yes Bill, I think we took everything, I can't believe that little bastard is going to be the President"

"Bill"

"Yes dear Hill"

"Don't forget your cigars"

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Maybe some day you will be president, and if, God forbid, your nation is at war with an implacable foe, you will not have to choose between a Constitution made in times of post-war peace and keeping on an AG who has severe differences of opinion on your presidency. Hopefully, you will never have to face such a situation.

//
  19. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Being that I'm not US born, I can guarantee I won't. But you're saying that a President can do anything, even outside the constitution, if they strongly feel that they're right and it's for the greater good. Unless they're a Democrat, in which case they should be second guessed. You need to live in a country with a king, it would suit you better.
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I didn't say you needed to be president of the U.S.; I remember where you were born.

Making a big issue out of some illegal wire-tapping and bugging of a fruitcake presidential candidate was far more of an ego-fest for the press than it was any kind of "holier-than-thou" quest to "preserve the sanctity of the Constitution." Bernstein and Woodward and the WashPast wanted Pulitzers; keeping the Constitution "sacrosanct" was a far distant concern of theirs. Bank on it.

But you do bring up a good point. The Kingdom of Heaven, God's Kingdom, does answer to a higher authority than a world full of self-centered people, democratically elected or not.

//