PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Instant Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could theoretically get guys to restructure, dump bad contracts (Bolden, Blount, LaFell, Chandler, some of the OLine guys) and perhaps even splurge if it means getting him.

We can upgrade Martin to LaFell's spot on the roster.

I think if the Pats want it to happen, it can happen...

I don't believe that we would consider paying ANY running back the kind of money that Lynch would demand, but I have absolutely no issue discussing it. I think these kinds of threads are what helps to make the offseason go quicker (maybe). The issue I have is that you've twice brought up getting rid of a special teams staple in Brandon Bolden to do so, even referring to his deal as a "bad contract."

Ultimately, I think we should sign any one of a number of middle tier RBs that would cost in the 3m dollar a year range, while also taking a RB in the top 3-4 rounds of the draft. Hell, I'd even split the difference and re-sign Blount for cheaper, then turn around and bring in another cheap option to compete in TC. Either way, that would add two more guys to a corps that will already be getting back Dion Lewis. That's automatically going to improve the situation dramatically, and is much more in line with the way that Belichick thinks vs. making the kind of decision to spend 7m dollars a year on Lynch. There's absolutely no reason to do so with Lewis returning and the expected draft selection, and even if they were going to spend 6-7m dollars a year, I'd much rather it be a guy like Matt Forte, who has a much better work ethic and attitude.

I dont see Lynch coming here. I think hes been done with football the last 2 years, but Seattle has paid him handsomely to stay.

Now if he would take less to come here hell yea i would. The guy never goes down on first contact. Hes a tank to bring down.

If thats the route we go, I'd rather keep Jackson. Lynch's health, ypc, "Beast Modeness" all went down the tubes as this season went on. Would rather inject the rbs with youth.

I feel the need.....

The need for Speed......

Develin back healthy helps short yardage.......blocking for whoever....

If we can fix the o-line, a running back at that cost isn't necessary. If we can't fix the o-line, we shouldn't be spending that much money on a running back as a band-aid solution.

I like Lynch, but this team has more pressing needs.

Lynch is going to retire. He has very little interest in the game anymore

Imagine having two Beastmodes! Reunite him with his Mortal Kombat foe, Gronk!

Then that means we can get him on the cheap?!
Odd strategy. Get the guy after he is over the hill because then he is cheap? No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No thanks. Belichick won't spend on a RB. Lynch is also on the decline and just seems like an unnecessary headache

I would just love watching his press conferences with the local/national media. Comedy gold...

Lynch played in SEVEN games this season. 3.8 yards a carry, his lowest since 2010....111carries/417yards and only 3 touchdowns.

Pretty good? That's pretty BAD. The Patriots would be idiots to pay Lynch off what he did in 2014.
3.8? thats a first down if we hand it to him 3 straight times :D

I wouldn't break the bank for him, but I don't think he's done. I'm guessing he's got one excellent year left, and then he'll fall off the cliff.

Would rather go for Forte.
I agree. Good post. Would cost less. Forte is at least a threat for opposing DCs. I think BB will Draft a RB though. I like that kid Dixon.

I think BB is very shaky on WR in the Draft........ The "Chad Jackson" effect. Might prefer FA there and Draft a RB.

Anyway, another cheaper alternative there at WR is Chris Givens. Speed!! 6' and 203lbs. We get taller and bigger than what we have. Josh knows him from the Rams during the Draft process but never played for Josh. Only 26. The Ravens would like to keep him. He is an elite deep threat that makes Gronk and the smurfs better.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back