PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Instant Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Th3Birdman

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Was listening to NBC sports radio while driving to work and an interesting prospect came up:

Marshawn Lynch to the Patriots.

Pros:
-Instant upgrade to the offense
-The 1st and 2nd down type of RB we've needed since...Dillion??
-Absolutely willing to play in a system and is quiet (Very Patriot-esque qualities)
- Has decent hands and can pick up blocks on third down play action/pass situations, thereby adding to our strategy and mindgame capabilities
-Can break a tackle. Lol

Cons
-Does he still want to play?
-Can we afford him/would he be willing to take less?
-If we don't fix our OL issues, it won't even matter

I honestly don't see the harm in the Patriots talking to him to guage interest. We could offload Bolden and Blount and have Lynch take over their duties.

Imagine this Pats offense with Lewis and Lynch. We'd be the most entertaining offense in the league and damned near unstoppable (assuming we somehow fix our OL problems).

What say you?

Beast mode is to(street) raw for the patriots lol. But seriously, would love to see him in NE.

I honestly don't see the harm in the Patriots talking to him to guage interest.
Well it'd be tampering, for one thing. It wouldn't surprise me if we see a standoff as the Seahawks try to get him to retire so they get some signing bonus back while he tries to get released and then retires.

Well it'd be tampering, for one thing. It wouldn't surprise me if we see a standoff as the Seahawks try to get him to retire so they get some signing bonus back while he tries to get released and then retires.
I assumed he was a free agent this off season...

I haven't paid much attention to the Hawks' contracts tbh

This has a Corey Dillon feel to it tbh. Aged but still great running back helps us to another ring, nice.

I think he'll happily retire with his SB ring, unless Seattle continues to pay him (doubt it), or a contender offers him a solid chunk of money - which I can't see the Pats doing, nor him agreeing to take less (which would likely be around $2-3 mill MAX from the Pats)

I'll take him just for the fact that he has a hell of an ability to not fall after first or even sometimes second contact.

That would make us extremely dangerous on 3rd and short with him in the package. Defenses have to respect him and that opens up play action to Edelman or Gronk.

Or we can just run the ball.

I think he'll happily retire with his SB ring, unless Seattle continues to pay him (doubt it), or a contender offers him a solid chunk of money - which I can't see the Pats doing, nor him agreeing to take less (which would likely be around $2-3 mill MAX from the Pats)
We could theoretically get guys to restructure, dump bad contracts (Bolden, Blount, LaFell, Chandler, some of the OLine guys) and perhaps even splurge if it means getting him.

We can upgrade Martin to LaFell's spot on the roster.

I think if the Pats want it to happen, it can happen...

We could theoretically get guys to restructure, dump bad contracts (Bolden, Blount, LaFell, Chandler, some of the OLine guys) and perhaps even splurge if it means getting him.

We can upgrade Martin to LaFell's spot on the roster.

I think if the Pats want it to happen, it can happen...

I daydream about potential signings like this every year and convince myself they can happen, but this is one I just don't see happening for so many reasons.

I'll be [happily] shocked if the Pats do end up obtaining him, whether through FA (if released) or trade.

lynch is done....too many carries.

the interviews would be epic though.
You think he's washed?

Idk, he looked pretty good last year and this year...

You think he's washed?

Idk, he looked pretty good last year and this year...

pretty sure his yards per carry when down the toilet. plus he's started to get injured more.
just signs of all of the wear and tear on his body.

plus our line can't run block. just bring blount back for another year....much cheaper!

Lynch played in SEVEN games this season. 3.8 yards a carry, his lowest since 2010....111carries/417yards and only 3 touchdowns.

Pretty good? That's pretty BAD. The Patriots would be idiots to pay Lynch off what he did in 2014.

Lynch played in SEVEN games this season. 3.8 yards a carry, his lowest since 2010....111carries/417yards and only 3 touchdowns.

Pretty good? That's pretty BAD. The Patriots would be idiots to pay Lynch off what he did in 2014.
Then that means we can get him on the cheap?!

Idk guys. If Lynch was willing to do it, I think New England should look at it seriously.

He has too many great qualities to pass up in my eyes.

Fun to think about him wearing red white and blue

What about drafting the next Marshawn Lynch?

This no running game offense has to end. Its madness losing playoffs games and Super Bowls because the offense is all on Brady to throw.

I'd love it but I think it's more likely he retires or restructures in seattle

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back