PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Inspired by BelichickFan's "Stupidest" post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armen Da Pats Fan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Armen Da Pats Fan's Top Ten Stupidest Things I Ever Said About the Patriots List!

---------------------------------------------------

10. "Ben Coates will be a mentor to Rod Rutledge and turn him into an All-World tight end!" (before the two of them ended up getting arrested for dragging up I-95 on the way home from Foxy Lady in Providence).

9. "If Lisa Olsen wants to be in the locker room, then she's gotta be able to handle a pat on the buttocks and a close-up of Zeke Mowatt's schlong!" (This was before God blessed me with TWO daughters, one of whom wants to be a journalist!)"

8. "The Patriots will bring the Bears back down to earth. Lester Williams, Garin Veris and Julius Adams will be in McMahon's face all day! Ray Clayborn will have at least one INT returned for a TD! Irving Fryar will be the MVP! Patriots 30, Bears, 13! You heard it here first!"

7. "Adriann Klemm will be in the Hall of Fame someday!"

6. "Former-UM CB Duane Starks will make our secondary amazing!"

5. "Richard Seymour is faking injury because he doesn't want to be here. That's why he held out. He's a half-baked player. We'll be fine without him!"

4. "Lawyer Milloy is the heart and friggin soul of this team! Get ready for a 3-13 season!"

3. "Finally, we got rid of those lazy, good-for-nothin' Sullivans and we have a decent owner! Victor Kiam is going to put his electric razor money behind this franchise and deliver us a Super Bowl championshipship!"

2. "Richard Seymour? We left David Terrell on the board and took Richard Seymour?"

1. (While sitting in the stands at Foxboro, September 23, 2001): "Who the he!! is this Brady kid? Jesus, our whole season just went down the tubes. There is no way this team can win without Bledsoe!"

Thankfully I have a terrible long term memory. ;)

Here's a few of my high(low)lights:

1. "Pete Carrol is EXACTLY what this team needs right now." (after Parcells left)

2. "If you look at his history, there is NO WAY that BB will draft a guard anywhere in the first four rounds, he feels he can "find" a good one anywhere." (just before the 2005 draft)

FreeTedWilliams said:
2. "If you look at his history, there is NO WAY that BB will draft a guard anywhere in the first four rounds, he feels he can "find" a good one anywhere." (just before the 2005 draft)
And to show how Belichick used last year to set us up is my :

"why wouldn't we draft a LB high this year - we drafted a Guard in round 1 last year".

FreeTedWilliams said:
Here's a few of my high(low)lights:

1. "Pete Carrol is EXACTLY what this team needs right now." (after Parcells left)

1. "Why the hell would we give up all of that for BB when we could have had Cowher" Right after BB was hired/traded for or whatever the hell that is called.
2. "Bledsoe would win a superbowl with a 1200 yard back, too!" 2002

3. "Brady can't complete anything over fifteen yards" 2001

mgcolby said:
1. "Why the hell would we give up all of that for BB when we could have had Cowher" Right after BB was hired/traded for or whatever the hell that is called.
:confused:

Cowher has been in Pittsburgh WAY longer than that, he was hired around the time Belichick was hired in Cleveland.

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
1. (While sitting in the stands at Foxboro, September 23, 2001): "Who the he!! is this Brady kid? Jesus, our whole season just went down the tubes. There is no way this team can win without Bledsoe!"

Ah, yes. The "Brady? Did they just pull some scrub out of the stands or something?" scenarios. I was there too.

primetime said:
Ah, yes. The "Brady? Did they just pull some scrub out of the stands or something?" scenarios. I was there too.
I guess my second stupidest comment about Brady, next to the one I started the "Stupidest" thread with would be, after reading ProFW's summation of him :

"If we're lucky he could be a poor man's Brian Griese".

It is true that bb doesn't draft guards in the first round. Both Mankins and Kaycur were LT's in college, and bb believed that they could play tackle in the pros. LT's often end up starting their careers at LG's, and sometimes stay there.

We might have drafted a center, who also would be a backup guard.

BelichickFan said:
:confused:

Cowher has been in Pittsburgh WAY longer than that, he was hired around the time Belichick was hired in Cleveland.

There was talk that he was going to be fired and that he was more then available for a trade/fire signing once again whatever the hell that is. They obviously kept him but his Pitt days were almost over.

mgcolby said:
3. "Brady can't complete anything over fifteen yards" 2001

This along with the "system quarterback stuff" are my faux paux.

BelichickFan said:
I guess my second stupidest comment about Brady, next to the one I started the "Stupidest" thread with would be, after reading ProFW's summation of him :

"If we're lucky he could be a poor man's Brian Griese".

That's funny! I never saw that analysis from ProFW!

3 rings and two SB MVPs later...

LOL!

ADPF

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
That's funny! I never saw that analysis from ProFW!
That was my interpretation of a physically limited QB who was smart and threw the ball to the right place. Of course this was when Griese had a good season in Denver and before all his problems started. He was actually a good looking QB a few years ago ;)

I was positive that Pete Carroll would take us to the promised land, and I remained a Bledsoe person right up 'till Brady got the team down the field at the end of SB36.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes