Welcome to PatsFans.com

Inside the Seal Team that does not exist..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 3, 2011.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +366 / 11 / -27

Interesting article about this "phantom" seal team, all that tough training pays off.. their families do not even know where they operate and what they do.

Currently reading Eric Greitens Book, The Heart and the Fist, "The Education of a Humanitarian and the Making of a Navy Seal"... which gives some pretty good insight into the mind of a navy seal.

Inside the SEAL team that 'doesn't exist' - World news - Death of bin Laden - msnbc.com

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  2. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

100 bucks say's Charlie sheen was on that SEAL TEAM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAf2qjrOGO0 LINK

"Navy SEALS" is a very underrated movie:(

it misses Sheen saying "I HOPE THESE PHUCKERS PAYED THEIR GAS BILL"

blows up propane tanks w/ a nade

"CASE OF BEER BILLY"!!

Billy- "GOT IT"

WATCH THE MOVIE:)

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  3. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

My nephew recently graduated special ops, from the Airforce. Yea no kidding, they have one too. They trained with all the bad boys. Same story tho, he can tell us when he deploys, but that's it. Side note, I've challenged him to a basketball game. If I win, I take Will Smith's title: I Am Legend.

4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +366 / 11 / -27

Each branch has special ops.. Marine Recon.. Navy Seals... Army Special Forces... and Air Force Spec Ops swimmers also... somewhere in there is the famous delta force...

The BB game sounds interesting, he will probably wear you down..

5. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I haven't yet figured out what they are taking about, but it seems there's a new unit which is a combination of all of them (Sox...?).

No, he tried wearing me down in high school when he was breaking track records (ok, he wore me down, but I can impersonate Ray Allen behind the line).

6. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +51 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

I think its call Team America! America, **** yeah :)

7. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Give Biden a few weeks and we'll have their home addresses.

Joe Biden opens his mouth about US Navy SEALs – Telegraph Blogs

8. Gainzo

Gainzo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

It's fascinating. There are all kinds of things going on that we will never, ever hear about. Even the Aussie's are involved.

Full article here: Diggers in Afghan hit squads

9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +366 / 11 / -27

Suggest reading the Greitens book.. fascinating read, have seen hell week on the military channel before.. but he describes it as a participant.

10. Gainzo

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

In my younger unattached days I used to hang out at a bar my friend owned. One of the patrons was a Vietnam Vet and he used to tell stories about the Special Ops (USA) and SAS (Aussie) guys. I'm sure he exaggerated sometimes, but it was compelling stuff to listen to.

These guys would go off, do their thing, then come back to base. They wouldn't say a thing about what they did.

Greitens book sounds like a a must read. Will look it up on amazon and download it on my kindle.

11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +366 / 11 / -27

What did he disclose?? Admiral Stavridis is part of the command structure..

Vice Admiral William H. McRaven is one of the leaders of the same group and his information along with Stavridis is readily available on many web sites..

Technically Seal Team 6 does not exist, but you can connect the dots on Wikipedia or various navy sites..

12. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The Aussies have got some fine troops, they operate under the Special Air Service banner and their training is based around British SAS. If you can get in the SAS and stay there (your not fully in once you pass selection), you can get in anywhere.

13. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +681 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Or you can hang around the Va Beach oceanfront and have a beer with a few down near Rudee Inlet. ;)

14. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I know Three retired SF's Two of which were close friends. Toe were Green Berets and one was assigned to a clandestine Range unite, which means he Never wore a uniform. None of them would ever tell me much (because i didn't have a security clearance) beyond just generic war stories. Two of them have advanced degrees Steve J has an MBA, the other Harlan D former GB, has a MA in finance and lives in South Central Ma, hes a CPA. There really isn't much to tell other than if you meet them you wouldn't think they did the kind of stuff we read about. Oh wait, Harlan did tell me about posing as a French medic in a refuge camp in Cambodia. He and a couple of other GBs would treat people and look for anyone that appeared to be Viet Cong, they would then snatch them for interrogation. Its been so long i don't remember the details, but what i do know Mrs PFiV wouldn't like to hear, very un PC. Steve J was in the rangers, he started out as your typical (we're going to jump behind enemy lines and kill as many as we can) to a clandestine unit, his area of expertise was North Africa. When he retired he took a job working for Lockheed Martin doing of all things training people for urban gorilla war fare. This was a couple of years before 9/11, he left and finished his MBA. I guess the point of all this is that these people aren't your average soldiers sailors or air force, they joined specifically for what they ended up doing.

15. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +681 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

You're exactly right on that.

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Jeez......I grew up during Viet Nam. I dated a Green Beret when I was in high school and my oldest son's father did 3 tours in Viet Nam. My second ex-husband was Army Intelligence during Nam. (And I've never really understood how in the hel! that happened.) I've heard the stories. I've also lived through the nightmares and the night sweats and the drug addiction and the alcoholism that sometimes follow those stories around.

I don't mind hearing them - I just wish they'd never happened. For everyone's sake.

17. Gainzo

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

My mother is best friends with a woman who's husband works for the New Zealand Government/Military. They have been friends for 30+ years and my Mum's friend has no idea what her husband does.

They have moved from NZ to Australia to America and back again. It's scary and comforting that some people commit their personal lives for the rest of us.

I don't need to know what he does. All I know is that he does things that keep us safe.

BTW: New Zealand is on our side!

18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +366 / 11 / -27

Like those maori warriors.. tough dudes.