PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Inside the Patriots Draft Room Video (Rounds 1-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, can't wait to watch this when I get home frm work.

Kraft is the coolest. Gentle old soul.

You can't hear the rookies on the other end of the phone but based on how Berj Najarian replies to them, they all appear to ask him how he's doing when he informs them who is and and that he's calling for the Patriots. Quite a thing that even when they know they're receiving some pretty huge news, general phone etiquette still comes into play like it's a natural response.

Robert Kraft taking the time to look at the players notes as he speaks to them to bring up to talk about them is a nice touch. Think it's a good way to welcome them to the family, as it were.

God i love this stuff. I had a thought that they knew they were looking at QB (obviously), and that's one of the big reasons for bringing in Lombardi. Lombardi would have done a lot of looking into QB's when he was with the Browns as it would have been a huge priority.

Just to be clear . . . did the Patriots basically take Garoppolo the second the pick before them was in?

Kraft is the coolest. Gentle old soul.

That's how I read it too.

Which is why I'm just shocked at the people that are so cynical that they pretend they can read his mind and project onto him motivations of deceit and Machiavellian manipulation such as when he speaks to the press about players like Welker or Wilfork.

Just to be clear . . . did the Patriots basically take Garoppolo the second the pick before them was in?

It was at least edited to make it look that way. But "pick is in" popped up almost straight away on nfl.com so it's entirely plausible they knew Garoppolo was always going to be the pick there.

Great find! Any idea who are the people in the room and their titles? I only recognize Robert Kraft, Jonathan Kraft, Bill Belichick, Nick Caesario, Michael Lombardi, Berj Najarian

Great find! Any idea who are the people in the room and their titles? I only recognize Robert Kraft, Jonathan Kraft, Bill Belichick, Nick Caesario, Michael Lombardi, Berj Najarian

Ernie Adams (aka, Racer X) is in the same damn red sweater all four days - right next to Lombardi at the adults table. :D

But my favorite part is when they are making the Garrapolo pick and Najerian is calling him.....

Notice Najerian says into his own phone to Garrapolo "Jimmy?"

Caserio is on another speakerphone in the background with the Patriots rep/pick runner/card writer in Radio City Music Hall (I believe it is area scout James Liipfert) and quickly says "No, not YOU, Jimmy".

I don't know why, but that unintended moment cracked me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back