PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Injury update on Nate Solder .... still awaiting word on Hightower

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what i meant. I am confident our o line will rebound against the dolts

Ya think!

Yeah, I guess we can hope that Brady is sacked fewer then 5 times in the first half.

Solder infuriated me on Sunday. There were plays where I actually thought, "Is dude even trying?" I know people have bad games, and he plays a really hard position. I also know he was not the only one to have a bad game on the line. And I know Hardy is actually really good. But c'mon! He specifically was getting Brady killed.

And I don't care what anyone says, Hardy absolutely tried to inflict harm on Brady's throwing shoulder on one of the first half hits (can't remember if it was a sack or not). Hardy looked to somewhat lift Brady so that he could land harder on that shoulder. Even Zo said something about it, but I had already thought it before he said something, so I know I am not being influenced by his thought. Hardy and Suh are two guys that scare me whenever we face their teams. Suggs used to also scare me. Those guys are cheap shot artists.

Solder infuriated me on Sunday. There were plays where I actually thought, "Is dude even trying?" I know people have bad games, and he plays a really hard position. I also know he was not the only one to have a bad game on the line. And I know Hardy is actually really good. But c'mon! He specifically was getting Brady killed.

And I don't care what anyone says, Hardy absolutely tried to inflict harm on Brady's throwing shoulder on one of the first half hits (can't remember if it was a sack or not). Hardy looked to somewhat lift Brady so that he could land harder on that shoulder. Even Zo said something about it, but I had already thought it before he said something, so I know I am not being influenced by his thought. Hardy and Suh are two guys that scare me whenever we face their teams. Suggs used to also scare me. Those guys are cheap shot artists.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Jerry Jones in a private back room urged Hardy to take Brady out of the game. He was a big supporter of Brady's 4 game suspension and is probably livid that Brady was playing against his Cowboys while their star QB is recovering from injury

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Jerry Jones in a private back room urged Hardy to take Brady out of the game. He was a big supporter of Brady's 4 game suspension and is probably livid that Brady was playing against his Cowboys while their star QB is recovering from injury

If that was the case Hardy had plenty of opportunities, to be honest I thought he played physical but clean football, as I mentioned in other thread. I saw no blood in his eyes. He just did his job. He does have a big target on his back too, can't screw up.

If that was the case Hardy had plenty of opportunities, to be honest I thought he played physical but clean football, as I mentioned in other thread. I saw no blood in his eyes. He just did his job. He does have a big target on his back too, can't screw up.
Agreed. I have zero issue with Hardy's play on Sunday. He played hard and tough.

If he wasn't such a disgusting human being I'd want him wearing a Flying Elvis on his helmet

Yea I thought he played a clean game, there was that 1 play where he looked to get a little more oomph on his sack of Brady but not enough evidence to definitely say

I was more just generally saying, it wouldn't surprise me if Jerry Jones privately encouraged being a little rough on Brady

Agreed. I have zero issue with Hardy's play on Sunday. He played hard and tough.

If he wasn't such a disgusting human being I'd want him wearing a Flying Elvis on his helmet

I actually thought a couple of Hardy's hits should have been deemed late hits because it was well after Brady had gotten rid of the ball.

I actually thought a couple of Hardy's hits should have been deemed late hits because it was well after Brady had gotten rid of the ball.
Yea there was one that seemed sketchy.

I feel that the early season injuries are like a blessing. On the one hand it means that a key player comes back fully healthy by the postseason. On top of that a backup gets valuable play time.

Hightower (along with Collins) is a Top 5 LB in the NFL.

I feel that the early season injuries are like a blessing. On the one hand it means that a key player comes back fully healthy by the postseason. On top of that a backup gets valuable play time.
Last year it might have helped Chandler Jones. Not sure.

Well we know about Solder, but why haven't we heard anything on Hightower? All I've heard is that he was present at practice yesterday from what I heard.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 2m2 minutes ago

Patriots RB Dion Lewis is added to injury report. He was limited today (abdomen).

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 2m2 minutes ago

Patriots RB Dion Lewis is added to injury report. He was limited today (abdomen).
Hope this is no big deal. But if he were to be a no go this week we all know how Blount fares against Indy defenses.

If Lewis can't go for a couple of games, I have a feeling we'll all be very happy with White. He's not Lewis, but he's no slug either, particularly when catching the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back