PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Injury Report: Rodney, Faulk, 7 others questionable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just guessing, a Sony? Those damn things last forever! I'm also lazy, or cheap, and don't upgrade until the picture starts to sag or something. Have to look at the HDTVs to replace the 36" Sony though, they are so good.
LOL, I still have my 1986 Sony 26"er too! It was actually our #1 TV until I finally got my dream TV about a year ago - a 61" HDTV Samsung DLP. 1080p, by the way, not that there are many broadcasts in that yet... and virtually no sports.

Anyway, you can't kill the damn things! I actually dropped it on a concrete driveway from the back of a van when I was moving a few years ago, and it still kept on ticking! I don't think it's lost much picture quality either, although of course it doesn't compare to the HDTV units around today.

RCA. The damn thing shows no sign of dying - despite the fact that I kicked it two weeks ago when we were down by 8 to the Lions :D

Oh well, the HDs will be lower in price when I finally make the step up I guess. I've never seen HD, football or otherwise, I don't want to know what I'm missing.
Once you get it you won't believe you watched all those games in low-def. It's that good, especially on a big screen (50" or better). It's almost the difference between watching on TV and being at the game. The biggest reason it's not is that they still produce the shows for lo-def - lots of closeups and cutaways instead of a nice wide "all 22" view. Hopefully in a couple of years when 90% of the market has HDTV that will change, but it hasn't yet. And of course you don't get the ambience - the crowd, the interactions with the people around you, feeling like you're the "12th man", etc. But then again you don't get sitting in traffic on route 1 or needing 4 hours to get out of the parking lot either.

Yes.

Don't want to sound unsympathetic, but don't they have a video or a DVR? Or can't you take one along? Sounds like they are completely uninterested in the game. So much the better -- you don't have to find out the result. All you need to do is enter into the family fun and then settle down later (when they've all gone to bed?) with some snacks and a beer and watch it "as live" -- with the advantage that you can fast forward through the commercials.

Believe me, there are worse ways to follow the Pats.

I'm not whining as family is very important to me, but already had the day planned around the Pats game.. now need to change gears, which can be difficult.

I still have my 26" from 1989

I still have my 26" from 1990. Sylvania. I thought 26" was sort of a rare size at the time I bought it --- glad to know so many exist. Picture quality is deteriorating, so a new one will be in order in 2-3 years....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back