PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Injury Report is up (only Slater out for Pats)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
These guys really need some basic HTML training. I tried alternating bold to make it easier to follow.

Week 1 injury report (Saturday update) - Extra Points - Boston.com

New England Patriots

Pos. -- Player -- Injury -- Thursday -- Friday -- Saturday -- Status
WR Matthew Slater -- Elbow -- DNP -- DNP -- DNP -- Out
OL Dan Connolly -- Back -- Limited Participation -- Limited -- Limited -- Questionable
WR Julian Edelman -- Ankle -- Limited Participation -- Limited -- Limited -- Questionable
DL Myron Pryor -- Calf -- Limited Participation -- DNP -- Limited -- Questionable
WR Wes Welker -- Knee -- Limited Participation -- Limited -- Limited -- Questionable
CB Terrence Wheatley -- Knee -- Limited Participation -- Limited -- Limited -- Questionable
CB Shawn Springs -- Knee -- Limited Participation -- Limited -- Full -- Probable
RB Sammy Morris -- Finger -- Limited Participation -- Limited -- Full -- Probable
QB Tom Brady -- Right Shoulder -- Full Participation -- Full -- Full -- Probable
DB Bret Lockett -- Chest -- Full Participation -- Full -- Full -- Probable
TE Benjamin Watson -- Hamstring -- Full Participation -- Full -- Full -- Probable

Buffalo Bills

TE Derek Fine -- Hamstring -- DNP -- DNP -- DNP -- Out
CB Drayton Florence -- Knee -- DNP -- DNP -- DNP -- Out
DT Spencer Johnson -- Thigh -- Limited Participation -- Limited -- Full -- Probable

Last edited:
Ready to lead the league, once again, in the injury report.

Pats always have a long list.

Thank God Brady is listed as probable with a shoulder injury. I hope that remains his listing for the rest of his career, after what happened the last time he was taken off of the injury report.

Thank God Brady is listed as probable with a shoulder injury. I hope that remains his listing for the rest of his career, after what happened the last time he was taken off of the injury report.

Yes. If he had a sense of humor, he'd change his middle name to "Probable Shoulder". :)

Hey Shawn had full practice and is probable ... good news! :)

Sorry both Edelman and Welker are only questionable.
I wish one was ready to go. :(

One can only hope that either Welker or Edelman can go. Otherwise the Pats are without a true slot receiver and that will definitely affect their game plan.

One can only hope that either Welker or Edelman can go. Otherwise the Pats are without a true slot receiver and that will definitely affect their game plan.

I agree, if either of these two are limited then the game plan could very well be adjusted - Aiken can play there, he would seem to me to be the choice over moving Galloway in as Galloway seems to have his plate full learning his one position.

Prolly see more 2 TE sets and more passes to any of our backs coming out of the b/field or even lined up as WR as Faulk often does.

I do not think it wil be a problem though - plenty of weapons here.

I would prefer both to rest until week 2. Not worried about the Bills. Want to beat the Jets badly.

Agreed. I've been reassuring myself that if both were likely to miss time, Lewis would still be on the roster. It's soothing to think so, anyway. :)

Not good news if Welker is questionable...

Are you implying that if the a receiver who has 220+ receptions over the last 2 seasons can't play, he can be adequately replaced by a rookie 7th round quarterback convert? You have some high expectations.

Are you implying that if the a receiver who has 220+ receptions over the last 2 seasons can't play, he can be adequately replaced by a rookie 7th round quarterback convert? You have some high expectations.

I'm pretty sure that all him implied is that with NEITHER Welker nor Edelman, the Pats have no slot receiver.

I'm pretty sure that all him implied is that with NEITHER Welker nor Edelman, the Pats have no slot receiver.

i hear you on that. i was basically saying in a round-about way I refuse to let the Dave Thomas 08 /Chad Jackson 07 hype contribute to the Edelman 09 craze.

If welker can't go, I'd expect to see double TE sets and a heavy dose or rushing to keep the safties honest and openings for Moss. I'd be surprised if Edelman gets many balls with or without Welker in the first half of the year.

I would prefer both to rest until week 2. Not worried about the Bills. Want to beat the Jets badly.

Agree 100%. Would much rather them both (at least Wes) rest til week 2. After all the talking Rex and that team about how great their D is gonna be, I want all our offensive weapons ready to go for that one.

and if say welker doesnt play all season, are u saying that edelman wont be able to pop out of nowhere and get 100 balls at ALL?

is it probable taht edelman can replace welker? NO

is it POSSIBLE? that edelman can replace welker? Yes......

Amen! :D

10 char.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye