PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Injuries ?? Wilfork?, Arrington-Eye, ...other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Of course all know about the gronk injury; saw that one big as daylight. But a couple of other guys had some time on sidelines and I didn't see how they happened or hear them discussed much. Anybodyy got more info on what these were and how they are?

WILFORK:
Teammates consistently took a cue from Wilfork's resolve, such as in Sunday's AFC Championship when he played through a left arm injury that had him retreating to the sideline in the second quarter. It kept him out just one play, a 6-yard touchdown pass to tight end Dennis Pitta.

Anydody have an idea what was this for an injury? how caused?, when, by who (raven or pat)?, status?

ARRINGTON:
Also hurt in 2Q with an "eye injury". He came back in (? 4Q) reportedly with an eye shield on his helmet.
Obviously if he came back same game it shouldn't be too bad - he probably needs to keep the eyeshield in SB. but also any idea exactly WHEN, WHO, HOW?

WHO ELSE GOT BANGED UP?
Some of these injuries make me a little suspicious. Ravens had a good bit of extracurricular going on (twisting helmets when they got a chance, crackbacking TB, pollardizing Gronks leg, headhunting for BJGE). I doubt the NFL would do anything cause they dont want to blemish the buildup for SB; and it is hard to say on some without seeing video BUT ....
Do YOU Think ANY of these warrant Fines?

A lot of guys will be even sorer than usual, from clean hits and not-so-clean alike.

It's good that they have 2 weeks to prepare.

Just added to the injury list:

All Jets Fans

This is the miracle time of year, any injury yesterday will not exist in two weeks... they have a "miracle spring" in the Patriots training room.

Of course all know about the gronk injury; saw that one big as daylight. But a couple of other guys had some time on sidelines and I didn't see how they happened or hear them discussed much. Anybodyy got more info on what these were and how they are?

WILFORK:
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Anydody have an idea what was this for an injury? how caused?, when, by who (raven or pat)?, status?

ARRINGTON:
Also hurt in 2Q with an "eye injury". He came back in (? 4Q) reportedly with an eye shield on his helmet.
Obviously if he came back same game it shouldn't be too bad - he probably needs to keep the eyeshield in SB. but also any idea exactly WHEN, WHO, HOW?

WHO ELSE GOT BANGED UP?
Some of these injuries make me a little suspicious. Ravens had a good bit of extracurricular going on (twisting helmets when they got a chance, crackbacking TB, pollardizing Gronks leg, headhunting for BJGE). I doubt the NFL would do anything cause they dont want to blemish the buildup for SB; and it is hard to say on some without seeing video BUT ....
Do YOU Think ANY of these warrant Fines?

The ahole who ripped Benny's helmet off by the face mask as opposed to what the refs thought they saw absolutely deserves a stiff fining.

The ahole who ripped Benny's helmet off by the face mask as opposed to what the refs thought they saw absolutely deserves a stiff fining.

What Law Firm did there was one of the coolest plays I've seen in a while. To spin out of his helmet and then lean forward to gain another yard, while avoiding head to helmet contact. The look on his face afterwards was amazing.

And yeah, that guy should get a hell of a fine. BJGE was made ridiculously vulnerable by that.

benny was working it i though he would go down with the facemask but he didn't. what a tough SOB

Ravens had a good bit of extracurricular going on (twisting helmets when they got a chance, crackbacking TB, pollardizing Gronks leg, headhunting for BJGE). I doubt the NFL would do anything cause they dont want to blemish the buildup for SB; and it is hard to say on some without seeing video BUT ....

Anybody else see on that last TD when Gronk came back in to block (at right tight end), right off the snap some d*ckhead clearly grabbed his facemask and twisted it sideways? I didn't see it live but on the replay I definitely saw it. Somebody should find a replay and see who that SOB on the Ravens was who committed that little cheap shot.

Heard Gronk was in a walking boot after the game. But he's a young kid and they heal fast (Plus he's the Gronk, so we need him).

Arrington usually wears an visor/shield as it is. The eye injury could've been pieces of rubber getting in his eye or maybe got poked somehow. I'd say him and Vince are fine. Vince returned quick and played well rest of game and also when we won he put his arms up (and his injury was to the left arm) so he had range of motion and power to get the arm up at least. My biggest concern is Gronk but fact he came back and has 2 weeks to heal up so I wouldn't expect him to miss the game for anything.

Heard Gronk was in a walking boot after the game. But he's a young kid and they heal fast (Plus he's the Gronk, so we need him).

Reporters tried getting an injury update from Gronk after the game and he said nothing, finally one of them asked him "what type of injury would keep you out of the SB?" and after a minute of silence, Gronk answered, "Oh, you were serious?". Two weeks would seem to be enought time for Gronk to be healthy. Watch BB list no one on the injury report..........This should be the healthiest the Pats have been in a while. I expect Vollmer to be ready to go. Everyone else played yesterday and everyone finished the game. Two weeks is enough time.

OMG, can you imagine? It's 2007 all over again, except this time with Gronk instead of Brady..Bootgate!! :bricks:

On a different note...on that TD late in the game where they reviewed to see if the Baltimore receiver stepped out of bounds...did anyone else see McCourty (?) get dragged along by the face mask for a few yards at the end? :confused: Or was I imagining things. Haven't had a chance to go back and look.

Brady has his own injury problems to deal with, the shoulder. Add that to Gronk and the others. I tend to think Vince is alright based on that epic performance yesterday.

This is one year I am grateful for the 2 week break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back