PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Injured players lower in the draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
With many picks..and maybe NOT having roster spots to for players..I wonder if the Patriots may draft a player that is injured and much lower down on the board..what players may fit into that category and is this a possible strategy?? Just find that a bit intersting with so so many solid players,,few spots open..and taking a player that may need a year to rehab almost liike adding another pick for next year. Thoughts??

Two of my guys, QB Kellen Clemens Oregon and RB DonTrell Moore New Mexico fall into that category. They could probably play if we needed them to, but are still recovering from injury enough to IR them for a year.

It is an interesting strategy, and one that I'm sure the boss has thought of.

dryheat44 said:
Two of my guys, QB Kellen Clemens Oregon and RB DonTrell Moore New Mexico fall into that category. They could probably play if we needed them to, but are still recovering from injury enough to IR them for a year.

It is an interesting strategy, and one that I'm sure the boss has thought of.
I like both of those..but didn't know how serious both were..but doesn't that make sense?? If you can get get a better player but don't need them ASAP...are there others that may fall into that category??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots