Welcome to PatsFans.com

Inhofe turns liberal

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 4 / -6

It'll be interesting to see how the this forum deal with this, since many of them bought into, as Inhofe calls it, the "demogoguery." I've always been for earmarks and never bought into the right-wing demagoguery. Many earmarks are for really good projects that could not otherwise get seed money or necessary funding. Nice to see the Republicans exposing their hypocrisy yet again, with arch-conservatives like Inhofe suddenly being pro-earmark.

ThinkProgress Home Page

Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK) — whom National Journal ranked as the most conservative senator in 2009 — has gone even further, declaring “an all-out war within the Senate GOP conference next week to defeat an earmark moratorium.” Inhofe has said he will take to the Senate floor Monday to deliver a “pretty strong statement” against the ban, and to call out DeMint for supporting earmarks before he was against them. ....

In an interview with conservative radio host Ed Morrissey yesterday, Inhofe said people like DeMint who oppose earmarks are “brainwashed,” adding that if his fellow senators vote to ban earmarks they are voting to “trash the constitution and reject their oath of office”:

INHOFE: They’ve been demagoguing this whole thing on earmarks, but you’ll never convince the American people of it because they are so thoroughly brainwashed. You say earmark, they say, oh, earmarks are bad. But then when they stop and define the earmarks, then they think, that is what the Constitution — that is what James Madison said we are supposed to be doing in the House and the Senate.
  2. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 13 / -9

I am sure there have been some good ear marks through the years.
    Our nation is now trillions and trillions in debt.

I really don't feel we need to spend money on this type of crap.

UNH scientists to study cow burps . . . and more - Thursday, Nov. 4, 2010

I would rather see the 700k go to a soup kitchen.