Welcome to PatsFans.com

Inherient physiological differences as law?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by State, Jul 9, 2009.

1. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

Yep. If Sotomayer has her way.
    Richard Miniter is doing a great job with the Washington Times editorial page.

UPDATE: Before Virginia accuses my wife of being "loose," the title should read "Inherent."

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +828 / 27 / -33

From the same article..

While justice is blind, we are as humans the sum of our experiences whether it be psysiological or cultural. Everything we do is impacted by our life experience, like it or not..... there are subconscious or unconscious effects on all we do.. I suspect that Sotamayer, Roberts, Scalia, Alito and Thomas all have in their subsconsciousness a set of experiences that has an impact on the decisions they make...

In reality the Senate Judiciary Committee is 12-7 Democratic and I think I read where Franken is also on this committee.. so it is pretty much a done deal, unless she committed some sexual act.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

So now we're able to acknowledge that different races are different physiologically, for better or worse, without being considered racist ?

Good. Although I'm sure "some things" will be considered racist and "other things" won't.

4. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

sounds great......

Micheal Jackson's pedophilia was an inherent trait........not sure about his desire to be white, tho

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +594 / 24 / -19

In my honest opinion, only a white man would think that they hold an objective truth, and the only reason they think that is because they think they are still the power. White men bring their own biases into decisions, just as anyone else does. In my opinion, it's ignorant to think otherwise.

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

Not for nothing, but that's an excellent point. People will use race/ethnicity/gender/etc. as it suits them. When it benefits their position to say there are differences, they do so. When it benefits their position to say we are all equal, they do so. This is why "racial" discussions, are different than "racist". Too many people will scream racism, when a racial disgussion doesn't quite go their way. As for the law, it should not be affected by race/ethnicity/gender/etc. The law is supposed to be blind.

7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +252 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I have the solution. Since a Latina judge makes the better decisions concerning cases involving Latina’s only Sotomayor should rule on them. Any cases involving African Americans should be decided by Thomas and so on. Why taint the process with other judges that can’t understand or empathize properly to arrive at a just decision?

8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +828 / 27 / -33

That is not what I said, but tired of these endless arguments.. perhaps you are different and not the sum of your experiences whether it be psysiological or cultural.. most people I know acknowledge they are.. it is not about better or worse, it is neutral.. but to you suspect your argument makes sense and no sense in arguing.

9. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

What "physiological experiences" are you referring to that can relate to a judge making a decision ?

10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

She's got a face that makes a freight train take a dirt road?

11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

I agree ... also i had an English professor who used to preach we are all only 1/2 a human. We can be either a man or a woman and we can't possibly think like the other unless we can live like the other.

Now take what he said and divide it by people from the north, south, east, west and all parts in between ... makes sense to me. I am happy Obama picked a woman and also why I say we need more women in DC and in law.

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +828 / 27 / -33

I am not referring to anything, but physiological experiences can relate to gender.. physiological has to do with all the functions of the body

13. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

I use the word sex when referring to the sexes.

Gender is a political word with the implication that the sexes are not an innate characteristic, other than the genital.

I was preached at repeatedly at university that the "genders" were "culturally constructed." Then I had a daughter whose shoe fetish kicked in at two years of age.

And this after two sons who could not care less.

14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Sure, there needs to be more women. There's nothing holding them back except that women are smarter and aren't as evil and devious as male politicians are (I think...at least mine isn't). So will everyone be happy if women make up 51% of Congress and every other president is a woman? Will they be happy then? No.

They won't be happy until each one of them has a guy to rub their feet and bring them flowers and take out the trash and mow the lawn. How bout this?: Women can feel equal just as soon as they make up 51% of all construction, firefighting and military jobs while every odd numbered house has a stay-at-home father.

The goal of of full gender "equality" is unattainable because men are better suited at some jobs and women are better at other ones. You cant wear a glove on your foot.