PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indystar poll: Manning vs Brady. GO VOTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: INDYSTAR POLL Manning vs Brady. GO VOTE!

btw, you can vote every 30 mins., lol.
Talk about stuffing the ballot box by Indy's hometown newspaper!

There was a huge thread on this during the week leading up to the Colts game this season. It actually inspired a thread on IndyStar which *****ed about this thread and, in the process, made most Colts fans look like complete hypocrites.

Finally, this issue can be settled once and for all!

As I recall the results back in November were not what IndyStar had expected and hoped for, as Brady was leading Manning in Colts land. I guess they've either kept the poll upon until they reached their desired results, or are pushing it some more now that playoff fever is spreading to casual fans.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...rady-vs-manning-merged-comparison-thread.html

What gets me is this: Manning is an all-time great player, sure to be elected in to the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibilty. Why the need to validate his talent in his teams' home town with a poll like this? Is it due to an inferiority complex of Indiana natives, or is it simply a business move by the paper aimed at increasing web hits?

The people who like to throw out the facts about Manning statistics being better than Brady always fail to mention how skewed those stats are by where they play. Manning and the Colts and the teams in their division all play in domes. Brady and the Patriots and the teams in their division all play outdoors and in inclement weather. Mannings record in bad weather is atrocious. When Brady plays in a dome, his numbers are really good. When you compare stats it really is not a level playing field. Brady has the best winning percentage in the NFL and winning is the only stat that matters.

I think it is kind of hokie to run this poll now that the Patriots are out of it and the Colts are in the AFC championship. It galls me that I am rooting for the Jets to win. By pulling their players, the Colts allowed the Jets to back into the playoffs and it would be poetic justice if the Jets knocked them off. It woud be worth it just to see Polian embarrassed.

Wow considering the source that's very even

Awesome breakdown too

The people who like to throw out the facts about Manning statistics being better than Brady always fail to mention how skewed those stats are by where they play. Manning and the Colts and the teams in their division all play in domes. Brady and the Patriots and the teams in their division all play outdoors and in inclement weather. Mannings record in bad weather is atrocious. When Brady plays in a dome, his numbers are really good. When you compare stats it really is not a level playing field. Brady has the best winning percentage in the NFL and winning is the only stat that matters.

I think it is kind of hokie to run this poll now that the Patriots are out of it and the Colts are in the AFC championship. It galls me that I am rooting for the Jets to win. By pulling their players, the Colts allowed the Jets to back into the playoffs and it would be poetic justice if the Jets knocked them off. It woud be worth it just to see Polian embarrassed.

Yup, pretty much every split, once accounted for, has Brady with better stats. Brady is slightly better than Manning in domes, and MUCH better outdoors. Even still, though, who I'd rather have as a QB would depend largely on exactly that. If I were running a dome team, I'd probably take Peyton, but if my team played outdoors I would take Brady with no hesitation whatsoever.

I'll look next year...

I am going to vote for Manning ... just to piss Brady off. :p:p:p

Last edited:
I voted, so hopefully others go also.

Given the fact it's an Indiana-based site, I'm surprised that Brady has 40%. Pretty telling.

Given the fact it's an Indiana-based site, I'm surprised that Brady has 40%. Pretty telling.
Telling? Maybe, maybe not.
What percentage here are talking about whether Brady should be cut or traded? Maybe not 40%, but it's up there, might even be close. Remember the infamous keep Cassel, trade Brady debate a year ago?

What percentage here have nothing at all to say, unless it's negative? Maybe not 40%, but again it's probably pretty close.

Doesn't matter where you live or you your favorite team is. There's always going to be a pretty good portion of a fan base that aren't satisfied - especially after a championship is not followed by five more. People hated Grogan when he started but loved him when he was the backup. I can recall times when people dogged Yastrzemski, Havlicek, Cowens, and Esposito - and were far from alone in those opinions.

For way too many sports fans, no matter where they live, the grass is a whole lot greener on the other side. Not trying to stick up for Colts fans at all; just saying there's a lot of fans of any and every team that would rather complain than cheer.

Finally, this issue can be settled once and for all!
Hilarious.
We've watched the GOAT up close and personal for 8 years now (not counting injury), do we really care how some Indy poll turns out?

The theory is proven by the fact that Farve is now having the best season of his career, because he know plays in a dome.

Does anybody have a comparison of Manning's numbers outside vs. inside? Same with Brady.

I think somebody posted it before.

Does every Patriot fan realize that you can vote every day, ie., more than once?

For Colts fans: No you can't. :)

Who cares about some lame Indystar poll??
Our guy has more rings, a real life, two beautiful sons, a world famous and rich babe of a wife and, as John Elway did, will win championships in his late 30's.
Manning has one ring (sorry Chicken fans but number 2 ain't happening this year or any year for that matter), no life, a dink of a family and does dorky commercials.
I'll take Tom Brady any day of the week and twice on Sundays. The "old" Tom Brady will be back and this team Patriot is not done winning championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes