PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indy TE Dwayne Allen: New Colts "possible Dream Team"

Get used to the Colts hype.
Recently re-watched the DVRed in season Colts game and the post season game. Both games "the narrative" was: could aging TFB hold on against the new GOAT Luck?
Sickening then; even worse after the beat downs.

Yeah, I remember the media was dying to run the "torch has been passed" narrative after they beat a Bronco's team that was admittedly scared to win because they'd have to travel to Foxboro.

If they don't go all defence in the draft I would be shocked since they did not address it in FA.

The colts always fail in the post season because they are all offence and don't realize defence wins championships in the end.

You would think they would of learned from the failed manning era of only 1 Super Bowl win :D

Really? If Nick Foles plays well, then St. Louis inspires more fear than Denver, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Indianapolis, Detroit, or Green Bay? Good to know. Nice post.
Have you looked at the Rams defense? They are stacked and young. On offense they have a lot of young talent especially at the RB and WR positions. Foles was a pro bowl QB in 2013 with a QB rating of 119.2. If he plays like that with that defense they're a legit contender.

You named those other teams cause they're high profile not because you actually assessed the talent. I recommend you spend a little more time on educating yourself instead of just following the herd.

He just jinxed his team

Dream Team HUH?

Guess they'll lose only 42-14 this time.....it the quiet ones that you worry about.....not Mid-March chest puffers

Really? If Nick Foles plays well, then St. Louis inspires more fear than Denver, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Indianapolis, Detroit, or Green Bay? Good to know. Nice post.

I watched the Rams absolutely dismantle Denver last year. Their defense might be #1 this year, especially if Donald takes a second year leap.

Denver's taken a step back, and if Manning is where he ended up last year, they'll be lucky to win their division. KC and San Diego could both eclipse them. Ware is a year older and was terrible in the 2nd half of the season last year. Talib stayed healthy last year, but we'll see if that holds. Pot Roast, JT and Welker are gone...AND they've got a completely new coaching staff. I think their window has closed, unless Manning really was quite hurt.

Baltimore has taken a step back, too, losing lots of key pieces, but I'll expect them around because Ozzie knows how to put new pieces together as well as anyone (he's right there with BB in this regard).

Pittsburgh was overrated last year. The only reason they're on the list is because it's Pittsburgh and tradition and stuff (and half of the sports shows are stacked with former Steelers!).

If Indy played St. Louis on a neutral field, Luck might leave in an ambulance.

Detroit lost the interior of their DL and the guy who gave them swagger. I doubt they make the playoffs this year.

Green Bay - yep, here I'll agree.

Do not undersell St. Louis. They could contend for the West if Foles can play anywhere near where he was a couple of years ago, and NOBODY wants to play them.

Well, that's the dumbest thing I've read all week.

It always boggles my mind when posters open threads like this or the Jimmy Graham thread as if they expect players of other teams to take to social media and say they are "the best team other than the Patriots" or something. I mean what do you all expect the players to not believe they are good?

Your point is valid, but dream team is becoming a toxic thing to say.

I watched the Rams absolutely dismantle Denver last year. Their defense might be #1 this year, especially if Donald takes a second year leap.

Denver's taken a step back, and if Manning is where he ended up last year, they'll be lucky to win their division. KC and San Diego could both eclipse them. Ware is a year older and was terrible in the 2nd half of the season last year. Talib stayed healthy last year, but we'll see if that holds. Pot Roast, JT and Welker are gone...AND they've got a completely new coaching staff. I think their window has closed, unless Manning really was quite hurt.

Baltimore has taken a step back, too, losing lots of key pieces, but I'll expect them around because Ozzie knows how to put new pieces together as well as anyone (he's right there with BB in this regard).

Pittsburgh was overrated last year. The only reason they're on the list is because it's Pittsburgh and tradition and stuff (and half of the sports shows are stacked with former Steelers!).

If Indy played St. Louis on a neutral field, Luck might leave in an ambulance.

Detroit lost the interior of their DL and the guy who gave them swagger. I doubt they make the playoffs this year.

Green Bay - yep, here I'll agree.

Do not undersell St. Louis. They could contend for the West if Foles can play anywhere near where he was a couple of years ago, and NOBODY wants to play them.
Long-Donald-Brockers-Quinn with Fairly and Ayers as the backups. I read that Fairly is down to 280lbs from 320lbs so he is coming to play.

The Colts won't even win their division this year.

Long-Donald-Brockers-Quinn with Fairly and Ayers as the backups. I read that Fairly is down to 280lbs from 320lbs so he is coming to play.

Really surprised the Pats didn't take a shot with him for that kind of money. I guess it shows that BB is content with his plan...but wow, if Fairley ever plays the way he can, 5million is a steal.

I stil think everyone are overrating their moves. Yes, Gore and Johnson and Cole look to be upgrades, but they are getting the 2015 versions of these guys not the 2012 versions. All are guys looking to slow down a bit. I think Kendall Langford is a fairly lateral move with Corey Reading.

They really haven't addressed their issues on both lines and in the secondary.

Sure they are better, but they were not anywhere on par with the Pats last year. All they did was close the gap a bit, but the gap is still there. In fact, I think the loss of Revis and Browner has narrowed the gap more than anything the Colts have done.

The ****ty loser teams always celebrate and throw parades for themselves in the offseason.

With all the Shawshank Redemption quotes on the board, try one more: "[H]ope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

'Tis the season for the downtrodden to claim they have found the key to beating the Pats, and some posters here to agree. If only it were as easy as adding a few free agents. What a wonderful world it would be for fans of 31 teams not the Pats.

Let the next challenger to the throne step forward.

Last edited:
The ****ty loser teams always celebrate and throw parades for themselves in the offseason.
I was just looking at that cover posted in the original post and wonder how those "10 moves that will make a difference" turned out. People highly overrate most moves in free agency. It's a good headline for the league and team but usually those high priced, long term deals don't turn out well for teams.

Ryan Grigson must have received access to Irsay's drug stash.

Have you looked at the Rams defense? They are stacked and young. On offense they have a lot of young talent especially at the RB and WR positions. Foles was a pro bowl QB in 2013 with a QB rating of 119.2. If he plays like that with that defense they're a legit contender.

You named those other teams cause they're high profile not because you actually assessed the talent. I recommend you spend a little more time on educating yourself instead of just following the herd.

I think you should bet the over on the Rams win total. It will probably be around 7.5. This should be a steal for you.

Indy should have overpaid for Potroast If he was really dead set on Washington. Potroast would have been humongous for them.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back