PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indy needs to come to terms Marvin isn't playing this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats will crush the Colts whether M. Harrison plays or not. They will be accustomed to the cold by then, Freeney will not be around to apply pressure, Maroney will be integrated into the passing game, the Colts will be forced to blitz, Brady will torch them, the crowd and cold will intimidate Manning and his receivers, Addai will already be beaten up with tired legs, and the Pats will run up the score. 41-17 Pats.

It is a matter ofmopinion whether the colts have paid over-market for any of their top players. Patriot posters seem to define market value as what is fair; that is. what the patriots would pay. By definition, the colts will not pay more than market value. They might pay less.

I guess it is all relative, but you have to admit that was a huge signing bonus. With all teams the salary cap is going up and the best thing a team can do is retain it's priductive players which is why it's all the more reason asante is brought back but it seems he is going to get an insane contract. I wonder if the pats could transtion tage him to at least get some compensation.

The Pats will crush the Colts whether M. Harrison plays or not. They will be accustomed to the cold by then, Freeney will not be around to apply pressure, Maroney will be integrated into the passing game, the Colts will be forced to blitz, Brady will torch them, the crowd and cold will intimidate Manning and his receivers, Addai will already be beaten up with tired legs, and the Pats will run up the score. 41-17 Pats.

You really think Addai will have tired legs? I find it interesting his ypc is 4.2 and maroney's is 4.3.

Also addai has 223 carries and willie parker has around 285. addai also has 31receptions. I figured he'd have more touches but doesn't seem so. there are a ton of rb's who have more.

this is all the more reason the pats need to fix the run defense. the colts offense is still scary. if the pats can't stop the run with the front 7 or the nickel package they used in the first matchup with the colts it could be scary.

Who will the Colts Franchise? Bob Sandars or Dallas Clark? If Bob Sanders were to somehow become a free agent, I'm sure BB and Pioli would go after him.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Polian finds out Sanders is a Patriot ...
oh that would be a funny, funny sight ... he would break both hands
punching everything in sight ... LOL. Let's sign Dallas clark also so he can break both feet kicking everything.

The Colts and the Pats have the same number of rushing attempts (Colts 358, Pats 356). The Pats are averaging 3 yards more per game and lead in yards per carry 4.1 to 4.0.

The Pats are also first in the NFL is percentage of runs producing a first down and second in the NFL in rushing first downs.

So, if Indy has a mythically unstoppable rushing attack with Addai, then the Pats run game must be pretty darn good.

The reason that people have the mistaken belief that the Pats don't run the ball well is that they have split carries between three very effective backs:

Morris 4.5 ypc
Faulk 4.4 ypc
Maroney 4.3 ypc

You really think Addai will have tired legs? I find it interesting his ypc is 4.2 and maroney's is 4.3.

Also addai has 223 carries and willie parker has around 285. addai also has 31receptions. I figured he'd have more touches but doesn't seem so. there are a ton of rb's who have more.

this is all the more reason the pats need to fix the run defense. the colts offense is still scary. if the pats can't stop the run with the front 7 or the nickel package they used in the first matchup with the colts it could be scary.

Just an observation from watching him this season. To set the record straight I've always been a huge fan of Addai and defended him here after the draft when many thought he would be a bust or second rate player. He has tremendous heart, and that may sadly be his undoing. He takes a beating, and the wear and tear have gotten to him recently. Much of his easy yardage was due to teams overplaying the pass. Without Harrison, teams have gradually recognized Addai as a key to the Colt offense and have targeted him. He has had neck, back and maybe other injuries as well this season. Down the stretch the Colts play Baltimore, Tennessee, Houston, all of them eager to lay the wood. They will probably rest Addai week 17, but still face Pittsburgh in the division game. IMO Addai will be wobbly by the time he makes it to Foxboro.

Nothing against Addai, he was the offensive MVP of the Colts SB run, and deserves all the credit for that.

thats a nice thoght. but we're gonna see SD again and either the Colts or Pitt.

Remember, unlike the NBA football re-seeds. Let's say the AFC ends up being:

1 - NE
2 - Indy
3 - Pitt
4 - SD

If either Pitt or SD is upset in the first round NE gets the wild card while Indy gets the more difficult game. It'd be great if NE only needed to beat one out of Indy, SD, and Pitt in order to win the AFC.

Just an observation from watching him this season. To set the record straight I've always been a huge fan of Addai and defended him here after the draft when many thought he would be a bust or second rate player. He has tremendous heart, and that may sadly be his undoing. He takes a beating, and the wear and tear have gotten to him recently. Much of his easy yardage was due to teams overplaying the pass. Without Harrison, teams have gradually recognized Addai as a key to the Colt offense and have targeted him. He has had neck, back and maybe other injuries as well this season. Down the stretch the Colts play Baltimore, Tennessee, Houston, all of them eager to lay the wood. They will probably rest Addai week 17, but still face Pittsburgh in the division game. IMO Addai will be wobbly by the time he makes it to Foxboro.

Nothing against Addai, he was the offensive MVP of the Colts SB run, and deserves all the credit for that.

I hope you are right. He was mr all purpose yardage when he played the pats.

Remember, unlike the NBA football re-seeds. Let's say the AFC ends up being:

1 - NE
2 - Indy
3 - Pitt
4 - SD

If either Pitt or SD is upset in the first round NE gets the wild card while Indy gets the more difficult game. It'd be great if NE only needed to beat one out of Indy, SD, and Pitt in order to win the AFC.
I always forget about that. Not to mention, if we beat the Steelers tomorrow, they still have to play the Jags, which could mean they finish 11-5. If SD wins out, who owns that tie breaker?

I hope you are right. He was mr all purpose yardage when he played the pats.

Those numbers are really skewed considering 73 of 114 yards receiving was on 1 play... and 21 of his 112 rushing was on 1 play.

You take away those big plays and you're left with 4 catches for 41 yards (10.25 ypc) and 25 runs for 91 (3.6 ypc) yards.

Not saying you should take away those big plays, they're part of his numbers, but "Mr. All Purpose" is a bit much IMO.

Who will the Colts Franchise? Bob Sandars or Dallas Clark? If Bob Sanders were to somehow become a free agent, I'm sure BB and Pioli would go after him.

Sanders will not get to free agency, with Freeney's return to full effectiveness uncertain after his injury Sanders will be a higher priority than Clark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back