PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indy media at it already, they seem pissed off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jags are as good as anyone the Patriots have played, except Dallas and San Diego, even with their backup QB in the game. The Jags are certainly a damn sight better than Miami who have a realistic shot at going 0-16.

The Titans are as good as Dallas or San Diego though and the Colts overall schedule is much harder than what the Pats have played so far which anyone but a Pats fan will admit. The Chargers seem to be playing better but they still are just what, 3-3? And the Cowboys play in the NFC and were almost beat by the Bills for crying out loud. They've played the weak Bears, Rams, the Giants before they got their act together, the Vikings, the Bills, and they got their asses handed to them by the Patriots, so I ain't exactly all that impressed by the Cowboys just yet. Their defense stinks.

The Colts went down to Jacksonville and absolutely beat the hell out of the Jags. You guys make a big deal out of the Pats putting 40 in the first half on the Dophins, who are God awful, but you criticize Colts fans for saying "we told you so" after the Jags game after all the crap you guys were talking? Go back and look through the threads here and see how many Pats fans were picking the Jags to win.

And I don't like Kravitz and he's not an Indy homer. Whoever said that doesn't know what he's talking about. He came in when Gannet bought the Star. The jerk picked the Jags to win that game, so save the homer stuff. Homers don't usually pick against the home team do they?

And you guys probably don't notice because you're too busy eating it up, but the way the national media has crowned the Pats the greatest team ever after they've whipped up on a bunch of creampuffs is annoying and undeserved. The Pats last won the Super Bowl in 2004, that's almost three seasons ago now. Until they win it again, don't go around saying your the best team, because you aren't, the Colts are.

The Pats are a great team, but so are the Colts. The Colts are undefeated. The Colts have beaten their opponents by a huge average too, and have played a much much tougher schedule so far than the Pats.

Go check out the ESPN power rankings, it's about time someone mentioned the Pats are playing horrible teams. The Pats opponents are a combined 17-28! The Colts opponents are 20-18. You can say the doesn't mean anything all you want, but the fact is it does. It's like in college, no way would a team that played a bunch of division 1AA teams be ranked number 1.

I read Kravitz's article everyday and just because he doesn't suck off the Colts in every article doesn't mean he's not a homer. He is a homer. Actually, he's worse than that. Yeah, he picked the Jags but how fast did he turn around and annoint the Colts better than the Pats. All he's trying to do is stir the pot just like every other media outlet in the country. Like I said, just because he doesn't always have Manning's d*ck in his mouth doesn't mean he's not a homer.

On a side note, the Colts are very good. Bob Sanders is an absolute beast. The guy reminds me of R. Harrison in his younger days. Oh, and don't even try to say that Sanders isn't "dirty" like Harrison is made out to be. The guy throws his helmet around like crazy, sometimes late. The thing is, just like with Harrison, it's football. You aren't supposed to play if you are a weak little girl.

I don't know if you know this but the Pats don't get to pick their schedule. They are not a D1 team, this is the NFL where everyone is supposed to be a professional. I don't want to hear anything about strenth of schedule when they don't have a choice in the matter. The Colts are supposed to have a hard schedule, they won the Super Bowl last year. Stop whining like a girl about the schedule. The fact of the matter is the Pats are treating EVERYONE they play like they are middle school teams and up until last night the Colts have just been winning. It hasn't been flashy, they have just been winning like the Pats used to. Granted, last night they played a QB that tried to go out on the field at night wearing a black visor over his face mask.

So here's the deal. Get over yourself, Kravitz and the "weak schedule" and buckle up for November 4th. That's when we can really start talking football.

P.S. Watch out for Vinny this week, he's on a mission. :eek:

It depends on what you mean by schedule. Teams with better records? Yes. But better teams? No. Indy has yet to face a team as good as Dallas or San Diego. By the end of the season, New England will have played Dallas, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Indy, the NYGiants and teams like Baltimore, Denver, Washington.

In the immortal words of Bill Parcells- you are what you're record says you are. The Colt's have played teams with better records than the pats have. Thats a FACT.

When you say those teams aren't better than the teams the pats have faced, thats you're OPINION.

I'm stating a FACT. You are stating your OPINION.

Am I the only one that doesn't have a problem with this article? If I were a Colts fan I'd probably be saying the same things. He wasn't bashing the Pats or even saying that the Colts were definitely going to win. I mean what exactly is he supposed to write in Indy? Is he supposed to downplay the game last night as if the Colts didn't look great against what looks to me to be the most overwhelming D in the league? Is he supposed to bash the home team for being 6-0 with a 17 ppg margin of victory? I mean we played a high school team last week and there were all kinds of Boston media articles about how great we were in that game.

I'll be the first to admit the the Colts have played better teams overall (though no teams are really that good besides us and the colts) but it's a really stupid argument that the Pats are worse because they've played easier opponents. It may mean that they haven't proven to be better yet, but they will in just under two weeks.

Up until last night the colts have just been winning? You don't know what you're talking about. Only a Patriot fan would say something so ignorant. Here's a stat: The colts have been beating their opponents by an average of 16 points. Is that barely winning?

Here's the scores:

41-10 over the Saints. Yeah, that's barely winning.

22-20 over the Titans in Ten, who are better than anyone the Pats have faced all year.

30-24 over the Texans in Houston in the most hyped and important game ever for that team. The Texans are better than 5 of the teams the Pats have played.

38-20 thrashing of the Broncos after they spotted the Broncos a 10-0 lead the Colts destroyed them. But they barely won right?

Tampa Bay, 33-14. Tampa Bay has something only one Pats opponent has: A winning record.

You saw what they did to Jacksonville last night right? 29-7?

Only two of the Colts games were even close, both on the road division games against one decent team and one very good team.

And I'll quit mentioning the schedule when everyone stops calling the Pats the greatest team of all time without having actually played anyone worth a damn.

You Pats fans just can't acknowledge reality. The Colts are barely winning? HA! I've read some dumb crap on these boards but that's a winner there.

Against opponents who are actually good the Colts are winning by over 15 points a game! Maybe you should actually do a little research before you post again, maybe look at the standings? Or the PF/PA? Or the defensive and offensive rankings of teams from time to time?

First off, who said that Indy hasn't been impressive? :confused:

Second, Houston is better than 5 of NE's opponents? :eek: Hyperbolize much? Houston is a medicore to poor team that had a hard time beating Miami at home. They are also 3-4 for the record crowd, which three of NE's opponents are better than and another is only short due to a buy week.

Both teams are excellent and that is what everyone is saying.

Up until last night the colts have just been winning? You don't know what you're talking about. Only a Patriot fan would say something so ignorant. Here's a stat: The colts have been beating their opponents by an average of 16 points. Is that barely winning?

Here's the scores:

41-10 over the Saints. Yeah, that's barely winning. Saints have one win

22-20 over the Titans in Ten, who are better than anyone the Pats have faced all year. Dallas would beat Tennesse...and if Tenn had a few WR's that could catch the ball....Cotsl would have lost

30-24 over the Texans in Houston in the most hyped and important game ever for that team. The Texans are better than 5 of the teams the Pats have played. Texans played without Johnson and both starting RB's

38-20 thrashing of the Broncos after they spotted the Broncos a 10-0 lead the Colts destroyed them. But they barely won right? No walker....but a good win

Tampa Bay, 33-14. Tampa Bay has something only one Pats opponent has: A winning record. Good win....especially since the Colts were very depleated

You saw what they did to Jacksonville last night right? 29-7? Gray...enough said

Only two of the Colts games were even close, both on the road division games against one decent team and one very good team.

And I'll quit mentioning the schedule when everyone stops calling the Pats the greatest team of all time without having actually played anyone worth a damn.

You Pats fans just can't acknowledge reality. The Colts are barely winning? HA! I've read some dumb crap on these boards but that's a winner there.

Against opponents who are actually good the Colts are winning by over 15 points a game! Maybe you should actually do a little research before you post again, maybe look at the standings? Or the PF/PA? Or the defensive and offensive rankings of teams from time to time?

The last time the Colts played a good....not even great offense, was in the AFCC. Pats are a little better now

Here's the scores:

41-10 over the Saints. Yeah, that's barely winning.

22-20 over the Titans in Ten, who are better than anyone the Pats have faced all year.

30-24 over the Texans in Houston in the most hyped and important game ever for that team. The Texans are better than 5 of the teams the Pats have played.

38-20 thrashing of the Broncos after they spotted the Broncos a 10-0 lead the Colts destroyed them. But they barely won right?

Tampa Bay, 33-14. Tampa Bay has something only one Pats opponent has: A winning record.

You saw what they did to Jacksonville last night right? 29-7?

I didn't say "barely" winning did I? Maybe you should read the post. You can't tell me that the Colts have been winning as impressive as the Pats have. I have watched every second of every Colts game this year. What can I say I live in Indy? The Tampa game was ridiculous b/c they couldn't run the ball to save their lives w/o Cadillac. The Saints game was ridiculous, b/c well you watched it. They looked awful until just recently. The Colts are becoming a time of posession team, which is not bad at all but it is the reason why no one is talking about them like the Pats. I'm not downgrading what the Colts have done at all. I think they are a very good team, but I don't think you can mention Jax as a good team considering they were playing an awful QB. Seriously, can you say that Gray is any good? His passes looked like he was from Florida A&M, oh wait he is.

Don't tell me to do research. I have watched every Colts game for at least the last 10 years which is about seven years longer than most fans in this city. I know exactly what the scores have been this year. The thing is, they just don't look as impressive as the Pats. I'm not saying they aren't as good, but these Pats look like the Colts of old except they have a defense as well.

I was simply saying that Kravitz is a homer, hell he's paid a lot of money to be. I know several people that work at the Star and trust me he's definitely paid to be. I'm also just saying that the schedule thing is weak b/c they can't pick the schedule and the reason why everyone is on the Pats' nuts is because of how impressive they are winning. That's all.

I don't like the Colts much either. Peyton manning is a class A ****head.

Hopefully you guys can bring him off of his high horse.

The X factor to me isn't that the Patriots have beaten lesser opponents by more but that their numbers are dumbed down by the first half margins. I bet our point differential would be +100 MORE than it is if we needed to run the score up as much as possible and stop the other teams.

In the first half we've outscored our opponents 155-45 (124-75 in the second).

In the first half the Colts have outscored their opponents 87-46.

(all numbers by hand, sorry if I made a mistake).

So the point differential is HUGE when we're trying. But with an average halftime lead of about 16 points, we just don't need to keep the pedal to the metal.

Wow, the Titans are better than anyone the Pats have played all year?
Wow, just... wow.
Crazy man.
I'm sure glad we don't have to play the Flaming Thumbtacks THIS year.

WARNING: Irony below...

You Pats fans just can't acknowledge reality.

The thing is, Colts fans, you can talk all the crap you want now. In two weeks the Pats will have pounded Indy and won by at least two TDs. I know you'll all scatter to the wind at that point, but I hope you know we'll remember you and ridicule your ****y-ish little absence.

These message boards are sometimes a waste.

On one thread, you have Colts and Pats fans arguing about which team runs up the score. The Colts fans point to the Patriot games and say, you guys run up the score.

Then we have this thread when the same Colts fans are arguing the Colts are blowing teams away and have a roughly similar point differential.

Hello, you can't have it both ways. I know Patriots fans are arguing the flip side of the coin, but heck, this isn't a debate club. Let's get real people.

Don't they do copy editing in Indy? Why is there an apostrophe in wannabes? It's not a possesive noun.

Have you read half the posts here from Colts fans? :bricks:

Have you read half the posts here from Colts fans? :bricks:

the grammar police are out in full effect tonight, that usually happens when you run out of reasonable arguments

You and the rest of the morons known as Colts fans ran out of brain cells before any of us ran out of reasonable arguements.

Colts fans take the cake, they really do. IF the Patriots had lost to the Cowboys, who were undefeated at the time, all you clambrains would be saying "You FINALLY played a decent team and lost". IF we had lost to the Chargers, you'd all be saying "TOLD you the win in the playoffs last year was a fluke, the Chargers proved who the better team really is."

All of this "We've played a much tougher schedule than you have" nonsense is getting old, it really is. We can smell the fear you all have of this years Patriots team, and who could blame you, we were one minute away from sending you packing last year with a posse of scrub WR's, the best of the lot was not good enough to make this years team. We'll see how you handle two outstanding WR's and a terrific slot reciever, none of which were on last years team.

November 4th can't come fast enough, we'll see who wins round one, because we all know round two will be the AFCCG, the only X factor is where it will be played, here or at your house.

Now go celebrate your "statement" win vs a QB who'll be asking you if you want fries with that next year..............

It's funny. Every time someone mentions the fact Kravitz is a homer (he is) a Colts fan chimes in to say he isn't. And yet, every time I decide to go slumming and hit up Indy Star, he's always talking about how great Manning and Dungy are and how Polian is a genius. When is it that he bad mouths the Colts? I'm not seeing it.

Also, the idea that the Colts have played a tougher sched than the Pats is ludicrous. I wouldn't call the Pats slate tough (although there are some tough games yet to be played at NYG, at home vs. Pittsburgh, Baltimore on the road) but I certainly wouldn't call Indy's tough either.

To summize, you represent the typical Colts douchebag that has come around here the last six years. Some dumb cluck who thinks he knows it all, but really doesn't know **** from shinola. You proved that with your Tenn. is as good as Dallas bullroar.
No doubt! Another thing that pisses me off is the continual whining about the difficulty of their respective schedules. Before the season, everyone was clamoring how tough it was. I believe that besides a few of the cupcakes, you can't fully determine the actual strength of schedule until the season is nearly over. Some of these teams(Browns, Chargers, Cowboys) will prove to be worthy opponents (hell, the Bills could even end up winning 7-8 games). Maybe, just maybe the Pats are everything people are calling them! Will Colts fans still be whining about this if we go into their house and spank 'em. Probably!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back