Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/

"If Monday night’s New England-Minnesota game didn’t bother the Colts or their fans, maybe they didn’t watch the same game I did.

If I'm a devoted fan or a confident player, I’m not scared of the Patriots. I’m dreading the officiating when the Colts visit New England on Sunday night.

It’s not sour grapes to plead the Vikings’ case here. I picked the Patriots to win. They were the better team. They forced the Vikings into mistakes. They humbled a playoff-caliber team on their home field.

But they had a lot of help they didn’t need. Renowned conspiracy theorist Oliver Stone would have a field day with this.

Brad Johnson’s first-quarter interception was after Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi reached out and restricted intended receiver Mewelde Moore near the goal line. Moore raised his arms in disbelief. No call. Hmmm. We’ve seen this before. Remember the Colts’ playoff game at New England three postseasons ago? Still not calling the Patriots linebackers for holding, huh, guys?"

Christ, every team can come up with a list of bad calls, no calls, questionable calls. I know we've had a million against us over the years.

Colts and your fans (and your Presiden) - STFU and play the game.

MrTibbs said:
http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/

"If Monday night’s New England-Minnesota game didn’t bother the Colts or their fans, maybe they didn’t watch the same game I did.

If I'm a devoted fan or a confident player, I’m not scared of the Patriots. I’m dreading the officiating when the Colts visit New England on Sunday night.

It’s not sour grapes to plead the Vikings’ case here. I picked the Patriots to win. They were the better team. They forced the Vikings into mistakes. They humbled a playoff-caliber team on their home field.

But they had a lot of help they didn’t need. Renowned conspiracy theorist Oliver Stone would have a field day with this.

Brad Johnson’s first-quarter interception was after Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi reached out and restricted intended receiver Mewelde Moore near the goal line. Moore raised his arms in disbelief. No call. Hmmm. We’ve seen this before. Remember the Colts’ playoff game at New England three postseasons ago? Still not calling the Patriots linebackers for holding, huh, guys?"

it is felt throughout the league that the colts are the recipients of this same kind of apparant favored treatment from officials. I doubt it is real, but if for nay reason it actually did exist, the colts would still be in no position to be whining about it. it's the pot calling the kettle black.
it will come down to who outplays who.

I honestly don't get how anyone can be a fan of that team. I would rather be a 1-15 team (and hey we've seen that before) than be a fan of that bunch of crybabies.

Maybe we could do a breakdown of the consistent holding that the Colts O-Line gets away with week after week after week?

How about the special 'Peyton play clock' that, instead of lasting a consistent 45 seconds, is designed to last for as long as Peyton needs to stop waving his arms around and actually snap the ball.

Maybe we can have a re-emphasis on the little known rule of 'not being allowed to have more than 15 rushing attempts in any one game' - this ought to help out the woeful Colts D - but thats just coincidence right?

NM

Biggest laugh I've had all year.

As if the officials just HATE Manning and the Colts. They never want them to win! It's a conspiracy, yo!

Sounds like they are getting their excuses ready early.

What a bunch of bull****. With the amount of bad calls AGAINST Pittsburgh in that game last year, the officials tried their asses off to hand the game to Indy and they still couldn't pull it out.

THEY CHANGED THE F**KING RULES TWO YEARS AGO SPECIFICALLY TO BENEFIT THE COLTS AND THEIR CANDY ASS OFFENSE.

And the amount of bad calls that we had against us in Denver last year alone should put to rest the bull**** idea that the officials make calls favorable to the Pats.

God the colts are SO GAY. You can't win because your team is full of SOFT P**SY BALLERINAS, not because of bad officiating.

Last edited:
Cripes, now they're (Dolts players, management, fans & press) into pre-emptive complaining mode. Pretty soon they'll need to get fortune tellers to help them explore new and exciting aspects to whine about.

That's fine, I hope a few guys on that team are worrying about officiating, too. Anything other than watching Pats game film, frankly, is fine with me.

Red Auerbach always said that the best thing about all the "they turn off the hot water" kind of stuff was that it kept other teams focused on irrelevant things and fearing demons around every corner. While I doubt many Colts players are actually doing so, any of them who are is great news for the Pats.

I'd love to hear what Dan Klecko says privately about game prep this week there, but I doubt we'll get a real quote on that subject from him.

If you go back to that '03 AFC Title game-ONLY *one* call was missed(that holding call near the end that would have been a penalty in any era). Otherwise, all of those "chucking" was done WITHIN 5 yards.

Honestly-all of these "new" rules are becoming a joke. Ever since the free agency/salary cap era, they've been doing it every year just to appease the fans.

With that being said, I expect the Colts to win on Sun night.

DisgruntledTunaFan said:
If you go back to that '03 AFC Title game-ONLY *one* call was missed(that holding call near the end that would have been a penalty in any era). Otherwise, all of those "chucking" was done WITHIN 5 yards.

Honestly-all of these "new" rules are becoming a joke. Ever since the free agency/salary cap era, they've been doing it every year just to appease the fans.

With that being said, I expect the Colts to win on Sun night.

This is not true. NE absolutely did get away with several holds and illegal contacts. Not as many as the media and Colt fans made it out to be, but it was at least 5-10 uncalled penalties.

However, what I always point out are the three uncalled holds that were obvious in real time and the two times Indy was given 3 extra seconds to get a play off. Where was the outcry about those calls?

Remember guys..troy polamalu intercepted manning in the AFC Div game...oh wait..it was overturned by the "officials" who later admitted it was wrong to overturn in the first place !!!....the writer is such a jack***...

The notion that any ref at that level gives a crap who wins the game is so laughable that I don't understand why it is so often repeated. They don't care.

The only real exception is the 4th quarter in a blowout, where they're not really looking to make any news if they don't have to.

This is not to say that a coach or player cannot develop a level of credibility with an official over time, at any level of competition. If the coach demonstrates an understanding of the rules and finds a way to effectively communicate with the officials, that can go a long way toward giving the coach the opportunity to be heard on plays where rules are at issue. But a coach who repeatedly gives refs a hard time about judgment calls is just never going to be listened to.

Last edited:
lutontown_fc said:
Maybe we could do a breakdown of the consistent holding that the Colts O-Line gets away with week after week after week?

How about the special 'Peyton play clock' that, instead of lasting a consistent 45 seconds, is designed to last for as long as Peyton needs to stop waving his arms around and actually snap the ball.

Maybe we can have a re-emphasis on the little known rule of 'not being allowed to have more than 15 rushing attempts in any one game' - this ought to help out the woeful Colts D - but thats just coincidence right?

NM

I agree, I don't think an O-line gets away with more holding than Indy's. It's actually amazing to watch. My personal feeling is that ALL offensive linemen hold 90% of the time, and the refs catch it about 15% of the time. Watch every game, and you will see holding on almost every play. I think Daniel Graham is legendary for his blocking, but even better at concealing his holding. The Colts O-Line is the best at concealing their holds.

NEM said:
Exactly..ALl teams get bad, and good calls. There are no favorites, except Manning of course.

BTW, Pats had 9 penalties called on them in the Minny game, Vikes only 6.
Did anyone notice on one play in the second half when a Minnesotas defender was CLEARLY lined up offsides, and no call was made? I know, I know, this happens all the time.

Wow. This guy is complaining about one call in a 31-7 embarrassment?

It's amazing the way a culture surrounds a football team (or any organization). The Colts/Polian just can't stop worrying about the officials, and the Indy media follows suite. But when was the last time any Patriots writer said anything about the Denver calls? Belichick is so focused on the future and things he can control that he never talks about the refs, and the media sort of follow the cue ...

I wonder if the Indy media will gang-assault Pats employees?

"Brad Johnson’s first-quarter interception was after Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi reached out and restricted intended receiver Mewelde Moore near the goal line. Moore raised his arms in disbelief. No call. Hmmm."

No question, there was contact...but the contact was within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. To me, it looked like Teddy impeded the back's ability to advance in his desired direction within the 5 yards...fighting for the same space...and slowed him down and redirected his pattern. Good play...and legal within the 5 yard rule.

Oswlek said:
This is not true. NE absolutely did get away with several holds and illegal contacts. Not as many as the media and Colt fans made it out to be, but it was at least 5-10 uncalled penalties.

However, what I always point out are the three uncalled holds that were obvious in real time and the two times Indy was given 3 extra seconds to get a play off. Where was the outcry about those calls?

Someone I know, who is a Bills fan (and hates the Pats, but respects what they are doing) talks about that '03 game a lot. He said that when it comes to the playoffs (prior to '03), the refs generally called less penalties due to the fact that you don't want to hand or take away a game to a team due to a flag. Basically, they let the players play and only call the obvious infractions.

Since '03, and Bill Polians whining, we have witnessed some of the most ridiculous refereeing ever. But in my opinion, we have been on both ends of the refs calls: good and bad. I thought we got some good calls in Minnesota, but I have watched most of the Colts game this year and they are benefitting a lot more than we are. The pass interference against the Jets was a bad call and gave the Colts 1st and goal and ultimately the game.

I think the Colts know that they are in for a brutal game and are politicking to take away any advantage the Pats have for home field (including the sand).

The Colts are going to lose Sunday night. We are probably going to score at will on them.

I guess that guy never heard of the 5-yard chuck rule. Bruschi's job is to disrupt his pattern, and it is perfectly legal within 5 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back