PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indy-KC Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fistfuls of dollars
Maybe you saw it Sunday: defensive tackle Raheem Brock and cornerback Jason David, among others, holding out one hand and repeatedly brushing their fingertips with the other hand. It looked like Colts defenders were signaling tipped pass.
Not so.
"It's like money; if you had a bunch of ones in your hand and you just tipped them off your fingertips and get paid," cornerback Nick Harper explained. "You make a play, you feel like you're making your money, you're doing your job."
Harper attributed the gesture to David and linebacker Cato June. It comes from Michael Burks' 2001 song "Make it Rain" and started more than a month ago, but only now is being flashed by most of the defensive players after big plays.
"You've got a pile of money in your hand and you make it rain. You make plays, you can make money," David said. "We've seen guys coming up with other celebrations. We took it upon our shoulders to make a celebration for the defense."
Of course, the NFL takes a dim view of celebrations it deems demeaning to the opposition. That's why June had no comment.
"I take the Fifth," he said.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061109/SPORTS03/611090416/1100
That's right boys. You keep playin' for the paycheck... our boys play for the Rings.

:cool:

That's right boys. You keep playin' for the paycheck... our boys play for the Rings.

:cool:

What has been going on lately?

Where the hell have you been, its not the same without ya buddy!

I thought we'd play San Diego since we're the lower seed, no?

That's right. I dropped my slide rule and it came back with wrong numbers.

But, hey, I *want* to play the Bolts. Their sched wasn't filled with world-beaters, either, this year: beat Oakland twice (who didn't?), lost to KC (!!!) -- KC looked pathetic last night, totally clueless on offense -- beat San Francisco (who didn't?), and the usual suspects. All together not a real tough schedule; I think the Pats' was as tough or tougher.

//

Herm sounds like a guy who doesn't care that much.

The way he hugged and kissed Dungy after the game, it was like he *wanted* the young horses to win. Weird! Then I heard that Edwards, Dungy, and Lovie Smith all had a big dinner together the night before. These guys can't wait for the off-season to party together !??

I'm rooting against the Colts out of natural hatred and because I have the Chiefs getting 7 points. But I don't see the Chiefs pulling this out. I think it will be 34-31 Colts with AV hitting a late FG.

Now the greatest thing that could happen is having Manning move the ball within FG distance down by 2 with less than 4 seconds left and Adam misses the game winner.

That thought gives me goose bumps.

natural hatred for a team the hasn't beaten your team in the Playoffs? wow, that makes sense....not. it would make sense for you to hope that you would end up getting past the Jets & Chargers and get to face the Colts in the playoffs again because they can't beat your team in the playoffs, right? A guaranteed trip to another SB. Or is it just hatred because deep down inside you keep that feeling you have that you know you only got past the Colts in 2003 because of Walt Coleman and your cheating secondary. LOL

Walt Coleman....yes the same patriot lover who overturned his own call (tuck rule LMAO) to save Brady's career from starting like Romo's did tonight when he fumbled in the snow and the game was over. 2 hands down and on the ball and it comes out = fumble....duh dur duh dur duh ! INFAMY

Somebody ... please ... Go for Manning's knees or something. Poke him in the eyes or kick him in the nuts ... I hate the damn Colts.

don't get mad when Karma kicks you in the ass for this comment. i am guessing a broken bone somewhere in your body. its a game and you shouldn't root for anyone to get hurt, *******.

And let the Choking begin...

Sorry, Brady won't be facing Champ Bailey anytime soon...so no more choking from the 145 yards/super bowl super unstoppable unflappable looks like a homo but plays better than romo Brady bunch.. i love the one sig one of you guys have brady is smiling with a weird look on his face looking like he is on some sort of happy drug like a 5 year old girl.

The pass looked like Warners pass in the Super Bowl only Law didnt take it to the house.

Yes the pass from Warner when he WAS SMASHED IN THE HEAD by Vrabel...only to have no penalty called...what?? no penalty called on the patriots???? WHAT???? how can that be????

Collinsworth: "Kind of a weak call, but ever since that New England game a few years ago you're not allowed to touch any of these Colts receivers beyond 5 yards."
Isn't that a rule in the NFL....contact up to 5 yards. Oh yes it is a rule in the NFL....and was a rule back in 2003.....and 2001 but it wasn't enforced thus the Patriots cheated and cheated and cheated some more against teams they knew they couldn't keep up with. Its so funny I see a bizillion of you losers intently keeping track of a Colts playoff game...sorry Brady plays on Sunday idiots. What do yall have a man-crush on the Colts? Why do you have to keep on wishing you had Harrison and Wayne as wr's...they wouldn't be as good if they were never on the Colts. < period.

Keep giving us the love....and i love how you all root for them to lose because you are all afriad of running into Indy in the playoffs because they have came to your house and beaten your team 2 times in a row.

Hey don't you love to PAY-ME-A-TON on his back side:D

did you know Brady's salary cap hit is larger than Mannings....lol idiot

Bring it. The bigger they are the harder they fall. Good luck to Indy against San Diego next week. :eek:

Think SD's offense will stink up the place as much as KC's did tonight??!! What did they think they were doing out there?? Totally smoked themselves. Ty Law gives them the ball on the Colts 9 and they can't even get 3 ??!! Very inept.

Hey KC, this is for you: :bricks:

//

are you stupid, they play the ravens get a brain

I haved to agree with you. ON many of the replays you can clearly see that the Colts DO a lot of grabbing and holding of defensive players attempting to get at Manning.

And, you appear to be correct that they Do get away with a lot of it.

As good a QB Mannining might be, it is very unusual for any quarterback to have that many plays in almost every game where he is rarely touched, at all.

No offensive line can be THAT good.

how many times was brady sacked outside of the 2nd game vs the Jets?????????? i think a # just about the same as manning in the year...moron dont be mad your team can't cheat in the secondary anymore...quit crying

I haved to agree with you. ON many of the replays you can clearly see that the Colts DO a lot of grabbing and holding of defensive players attempting to get at Manning.

And, you appear to be correct that they Do get away with a lot of it.

As good a QB Mannining might be, it is very unusual for any quarterback to have that many plays in almost every game where he is rarely touched, at all.

No offensive line can be THAT good.

NEM, I sat next to a Colts fan watching the game and he said he could not believe that they didn't call the Colts for holding on numerous plays.

Personally, I lost count of how many holding calls the Colts had and some of it was unbelievably blatant directly in front of the refs.

From Pasquarelli's article on ESPN.com...

"The Colts got Pro Bowl free safety Bob Sanders, limited by knee surgery to four appearances in the regular season, back in the lineup."

Huh? He's not a Pro Bowler. He only appeared four times during the regular season. That sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

From Pasquarelli's article on ESPN.com...

"The Colts got Pro Bowl free safety Bob Sanders, limited by knee surgery to four appearances in the regular season, back in the lineup."

Huh? He's not a Pro Bowler. He only appeared four times during the regular season. That sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

He's probably refering to the 2005 season.

natural hatred for a team the hasn't beaten your team in the Playoffs? wow, that makes sense....not. it would make sense for you to hope that you would end up getting past the Jets & Chargers and get to face the Colts in the playoffs again because they can't beat your team in the playoffs, right? A guaranteed trip to another SB. Or is it just hatred because deep down inside you keep that feeling you have that you know you only got past the Colts in 2003 because of Walt Coleman and your cheating secondary. LOL

I hate the pansy ass style of football that they play! Same reason I hated the Chiefs in the early 2000's. I respect teams like the Ravens and Steelers, because they play tough hard nosed football. Unlike the Colts!

Oh and you forgot 2004.

Welcome to the board! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
He's probably refering to the 2005 season.

I know. I'm just nitpicking. Pasquarelli doesn't strike me as a particularly good columnist and he often writes with an agenda, which irks me even if the agenda is something I might agree with.

I love the difference between civil Colts fans like Ryan and Shady there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes