PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indy-KC Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, when the Center is grabbing two handfuls of jersey on a DT that is about to steamroll Manning and twists him to the ground, I'd say it affects the play. Or when an edge rusher gets the corner, and you suddenly see his outside shoulder twist back mysteriously and his head jerk with it, it probably affected the play. The Colts have gotten away with it for years, ever since the "royalty" of the NFL took up residence there. Worst I've ever seen, worse even than some of those Broncos teams of the late nineties.

I see it every week in just about every game and each week I have every game playing in my house. I hate Indy as much as the next Pats fan but just about every team gets away with blatent holding in every game.

This was actually one of the better officiated games of the season and definitly better than any playoff game last year.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why did Herm Edwards keep running Larry Johnson up the middle? Almost no counters, no cutbacks, and nothing wide. It looked to me like the Colts defense was expecting runs up the middle with three or four guys waiting there but they could have had some one on one matchups if they went wide more often.

The other thing I don't understand is why the entire NFL feels they can never blitz Manning. The guy is not mobile and it seems like her really, really does not like being hit at all.

Because he's an idiot, that's why. He's an awful, terrible, incompetent coach who has no business heading up an NFL team. It's like he bought into the hype surrounding the game and legitimately thought that all the Chiefs had to do was line up and hand the ball off and the Colts would fall over.

I see it every week in just about every game and each week I have every game playing in my house. I hate Indy as much as the next Pats fan but just about every team gets away with blatent holding in every game.

This was actually one of the better officiated games of the season and definitly better than any playoff game last year.

Sorry, there's just nothing comparable to what Indy gets away with. I agree, I complain about the blatant holding that goes on in every game every week, but Indy takes it to a whole other level.

Herm sounds like a guy who doesn't care that much.

Playing into the Colts' hands. That was the worst game I've ever seen BB coach in his tenure here. That deep pass early in the game for a pick by Brady may be the most boneheaded play I've seen our QB make, as well. Considering the circumstances of that game, with Manning playing his best ever against the Patriots, Brady playing awful, the entire offense dropping and tipping balls directly to the Colts', a terrible offensive scheme which failed to even try to exploit the Colts' run defense past the first quarter and all around awful coaching by the normally great Pats' staff, it's a minor miracle the Pats only lost by 7. It could have been far worse, and doesn't speak well to the success of the Colts.

Ok so Sanders sucks! I'm not going to argue with you if you aren't going to look at this game objectively.

I lost 300 bucks on this game and I'm not as bitter as you!

Last edited:
Ok so Sanders sucks! I'm not going to argue with you if you aren't going to look at this game objectively.

I lost 300 bucks on this game and I'm not as bitter as you!

I didn't say Sanders sucks, in fact I said he had a nice game. But what I am saying is that he wasn't the determining factor; Edwards incompetent coaching was. Thanks for showing that you've got nothing to offer though, having to resort to a personal attack.

Sorry, there's just nothing comparable to what Indy gets away with. I agree, I complain about the blatant holding that goes on in every game every week, but Indy takes it to a whole other level.

I don't worry so much about holding for the Colts, but they definitly get away with more PI and defensive holding than any other team.

ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY

It will be intgeresting to see, however, if the Colts get away with the offensive holding calls against them in Baltimore.

If Manning comes away, once again, with a clean uniform... that will answer the question.

baltimore's offense isnt any great either and jamal lewis is half as good as larry johnson

baltimore's offense isnt any great either and jamal lewis is half as good as larry johnson

Yeah, but Baltimore's defense is a hundred time better than KC's. If Indy goes in there next week and plays like they did today, Manning will be carted out on a stretcher and the Colts will lose by 50.

I didn't say Sanders sucks, in fact I said he had a nice game. But what I am saying is that he wasn't the determining factor; Edwards incompetent coaching was. Thanks for showing that you've got nothing to offer though, having to resort to a personal attack.

What personal attack?

I don't recall reading those words in any of your responses to me.

Herm was a moron today that was obvious. My entire argument had two points:

1) The officiating didn't suck today
2) The Colts defense has a more physical presence and overall they play better when Sanders is playing.

That is it.

Last edited:
What personal attack?

I don't recall reading those words in any of your responses to me.

Herm was a moron today that was obvious. My entire argument had two points:

1) The officiating didn't suck today
2) The Colts defense has a more physical presence and overall plays better when Sanders is playing.

That is it.

You said I was bitter, that's a personal attack to me. You have no idea what my state of mind is. That said, while I disagree with your first contention, I agree with your second - the Colts' defense is definitely better and more physical with Sanders. That still doesn't make it any good.

Oh, and I quote: "Bob Sanders had a nice game, but the Chiefs' inability to run was due to playing directly into the Colts' hands, not some miraculous defensive effort."

Last edited:
You said I was bitter, that's a personal attack to me. You have no idea what my state of mind is. That said, while I disagree with your first contention, I agree with your second - the Colts' defense is definitely better and more physical with Sanders. That still doesn't make it any good.

Oh, and I quote: "Bob Sanders had a nice game, but the Chiefs' inability to run was due to playing directly into the Colts' hands, not some miraculous defensive effort."

Well, I'm sorry you are that sensitive. I can only go by what you have written in this thread and you come across as very bitter.

I obviously overlooked the "nice game". Sorry for that.

I'll even overlook the "you bring nothing to the argument" comment.

Cheers

Last edited:
Well, I'm sorry you are that sensitive. I can only go by what you have written in this thread and you come across as very bitter.

I obviously overlooked the "nice game". Sorry for that.

I'll even overlook the "you bring nothing to the argument" comment.

Cheers

I think you were mistaking my being disgusted with Herm Edwards for bitterness - I don't have anything to be bitter about, my team has all the trophies and rings and meaningful victories in big games. As for me being sensitive, well, you're entitled to your opinion. I don't agree, I find that sort of speculation to be an attack, no matter what the circumstances, but whatever.

OK, what the hell is that hand motion the defense does that looks like they're signaling a tipped pass? I've seen a bunch of teams do it.

Fistfuls of dollars
Maybe you saw it Sunday: defensive tackle Raheem Brock and cornerback Jason David, among others, holding out one hand and repeatedly brushing their fingertips with the other hand. It looked like Colts defenders were signaling tipped pass.
Not so.
"It's like money; if you had a bunch of ones in your hand and you just tipped them off your fingertips and get paid," cornerback Nick Harper explained. "You make a play, you feel like you're making your money, you're doing your job."
Harper attributed the gesture to David and linebacker Cato June. It comes from Michael Burks' 2001 song "Make it Rain" and started more than a month ago, but only now is being flashed by most of the defensive players after big plays.
"You've got a pile of money in your hand and you make it rain. You make plays, you can make money," David said. "We've seen guys coming up with other celebrations. We took it upon our shoulders to make a celebration for the defense."
Of course, the NFL takes a dim view of celebrations it deems demeaning to the opposition. That's why June had no comment.
"I take the Fifth," he said.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061109/SPORTS03/611090416/1100

I think you were mistaking my being disgusted with Herm Edwards for bitterness - I don't have anything to be bitter about, my team has all the trophies and rings and meaningful victories in big games. As for me being sensitive, well, you're entitled to your opinion. I don't agree, I find that sort of speculation to be an attack, no matter what the circumstances, but whatever.

I only felt you were bitter because of the officiating comments.

Our team has the trophies and rings and meaninfugl victories in big games. ;)

Did anyone see the home movie clip of Manning when he was, like, six, playing football in the yard. He's running with the ball and another kid grabs him by the shirt collar. He whips his helmet off and starts whining something like, "HEY! Mom said you're not suppose to do that!" The play stops and he runs off with the ball. Classic. Looks like he's been doing that all his life. I hope we get them for the AFCCG.

Indy's defense isn't as good as KC made it look.
KC's defense just ran out of steam but before that, even they were able to hold the Dolts to just FG's. I dunno but I'm thinkin' Baltimore should have Manning for lunch.

Did anyone see the home movie clip of Manning when he was, like, six, playing football in the yard. He's running with the ball and another kid grabs him by the shirt collar. He whips his helmet off and starts whining something like, "HEY! Mom said you're not suppose to do that!" The play stops and he runs off with the ball. Classic. Looks like he's been doing that all his life. I hope we get them for the AFCCG.

they will not make it past the ravens.

Yeah, but Baltimore's defense is a hundred time better than KC's. If Indy goes in there next week and plays like they did today, Manning will be carted out on a stretcher and the Colts will lose by 50.

Polian will be led away in a straightjacket,screaming for a groundskeeper.

That was the highlight of my afternoon right there. I'm glad that some things never change :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes