PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indy-KC Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ty looks absolutely pissed. Can we expect some comments from him about the piss poor offense?

You get what you deserve!

haha Newmy asks Manning if he's gonna invite Ty Law to dinner tonight

Bob with the Zingah!

OK, what the hell is that hand motion the defense does that looks like they're signaling a tipped pass? I've seen a bunch of teams do it.

Ty looks absolutely pissed. Can we expect some comments from him about the piss poor offense?

Or a Hallmark card to Brady and BB.
These guys have to have moments of regret-tonight must be one of his.Big time.

Last edited:
What an awful, miserable game. Good thing it's over. What is the post-game press conference going to be like though?

"Well, Peyton, your defense is awful and you personally played a miserable game, but due to gross incompetence by your opponents and suspect officiating, you pulled it out. How do you feel?"

"I'm going to Disneyland, weeeee!"

Last edited:
OK, what the hell is that hand motion the defense does that looks like they're signaling a tipped pass? I've seen a bunch of teams do it.

I've been trying to figure it out all season, with no success. Someone must know around here...

The only teams the Manning led Colts can beat in the playoffs are the Chiefs and Broncos. They're in for a rude awakening next week in Baltimore.

Herm Edwards should be immediately dismissed as HC of the Chiefs. That sound you hear is Lamar Hunt rolling continuously in his grave.

What an awful, miserable game. Good thing it's over. What is the post-game press conference going to be like though?

"Well, Peyton, your defense is awful and you personally played a miserable game, but due to gross incompetence by your opponents and suspect officiating, you pulled it out? How do you feel?"

"I'm going to Disneyland, weeeee!"

How was the officiating suspect?

I thought the officiating was good!

I will say this and maybe its obvious but Bob Sanders impact on that defense is undeniable. It is amazing how different that defense looks when he is actually playing!

How was the officiating suspect?

I thought the officiating was good!

The rampant, blatant holding that went uncalled, largely on the Colts. They get away with it every game though, so I understand how you could miss it, it just blends into all the other bias towards the Colts the league has.

Herm is a terrible coach.

He should have yanked Green in the 1st quarter.

That was the most incompetent game I've ever seen by a 'playoff' team.

I will say this and maybe its obvious but Bob Sanders impact on that defense is undeniable. It is amazing how different that defense looks when he is actually playing!

More like it's unbelievable the impact Herm Edwards has on the opposing defense when he allows his team to continuously run directly into 8 and 9 man fronts. Bob Sanders had a nice game, but the Chiefs' inability to run was due to playing directly into the Colts' hands, not some miraculous defensive effort.

The rampant, blatant holding that went uncalled, largely on the Colts. They get away with it every game though, so I understand how you could miss it, it just blends into all the other bias towards the Colts the league has.

That happens in every game. The NFL even changed the holding rules. It can only be called if it actually affects the play.

i may be in the minority but i think indy can beat baltimore

More like it's unbelievable the impact Herm Edwards has on the opposing defense when he allows his team to continuously run directly into 8 and 9 man fronts. Bob Sanders had a nice game, but the Chiefs' inability to run was due to playing directly into the Colts' hands, not some miraculous defensive effort.

So how do you explain the way their defense played in Foxboro with Sanders playing?

That happens in every game. The NFL even changed the holding rules. It can only be called if it actually affects the play.

Well, when the Center is grabbing two handfuls of jersey on a DT that is about to steamroll Manning and twists him to the ground, I'd say it affects the play. Or when an edge rusher gets the corner, and you suddenly see his outside shoulder twist back mysteriously and his head jerk with it, it probably affected the play. The Colts have gotten away with it for years, ever since the "royalty" of the NFL took up residence there. Worst I've ever seen, worse even than some of those Broncos teams of the late nineties.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why did Herm Edwards keep running Larry Johnson up the middle? Almost no counters, no cutbacks, and nothing wide. It looked to me like the Colts defense was expecting runs up the middle with three or four guys waiting there but they could have had some one on one matchups if they went wide more often.

The other thing I don't understand is why the entire NFL feels they can never blitz Manning. The guy is not mobile and it seems like her really, really does not like being hit at all.

So how do you explain the way their defense played in Foxboro with Sanders playing?

Playing into the Colts' hands. That was the worst game I've ever seen BB coach in his tenure here. That deep pass early in the game for a pick by Brady may be the most boneheaded play I've seen our QB make, as well. Considering the circumstances of that game, with Manning playing his best ever against the Patriots, Brady playing awful, the entire offense dropping and tipping balls directly to the Colts, a terrible offensive scheme which failed to even try to exploit the Colts' run defense past the first quarter and all around awful coaching by the normally great Pats' staff, it's a minor miracle the Pats only lost by 7. It could have been far worse, and doesn't speak well to the success of the Colts.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm missing something, but why did Herm Edwards keep running Larry Johnson up the middle?

Because Herm is a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back