PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indy game on Channel Five (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomezcat

Grumpy Englishman.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I just thought I would let my compatriots know that the game is live on Channel 5, starting at the typically- selfish- American time of 0130 GMT. Get thinking of your reasons for phoning in sick. :D (I'm on holiday all this week, so I only have to account to Miss Gomezcat). GO PATS! I'll see some of you in the chatroom.

gomezcat said:
I just thought I would let my compatriots know that the game is live on Channel 5, starting at the typically- selfish- American time of 0130 GMT. Get thinking of your reasons for phoning in sick. :D (I'm on holiday all this week, so I only have to account to Miss Gomezcat). GO PATS! I'll see some of you in the chatroom.

What????? She's not staying up to watch and criticize throughout the broadcast how soft American Football players are compared to British Rugby players??????

I'm disappointed.

shmessy said:
What????? She's not staying up to watch and criticize throughout the broadcast how soft American Football players are compared to British Rugby players??????

I'm disappointed.

LMAO. She's done that to death, although she likes to poke fun on here occasionally (purely for fun).
I've shown her some of the DVDs that I get of the games, as well as the youtube compilations you get with Ronnie Lott et al. She has been disabused of the notion that Football is soft. :D

in IT too...

the game will be alive too in Italy (Sky)

Go Pats !!!

I am good friends with a Brit emigre to America. I remember him jeering at American football since there was substitution and the play constantly stopped. He used to speak of the toughnesss of "football players" who run around continuously for an hour or more.

Then he started to catch on that the American game is an "explosion & power" game more than an "endurance" game. As for toughness, he stopped talking about that. He also ceased mentioning the athleticism and ballet like instincts of a good striker, when he saw the acrobatic acts of some WRs...

Today he is an avid American football and Pats fan, and says he can't stand to watch a boring "football" game of the "soccer"' variety any longer. He absolutely detests the all to frequent situation where they play a game to a tie for over an hour than play, and completely different one-on-one game shootout that has nothing to do with the "real" "football" game.

He can't bring himelf to call it Soccer. It'll always be "football" to him, though.

In spain too,the game will be in live for Sportmanía (digital +,Spain).

i think this game will be available in many european countries

very very good !

i'm looking forward also if, for us, it will be a real 'night' game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back