Welcome to PatsFans.com

Indy game on Channel Five (UK)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by gomezcat, Nov 4, 2006.

1. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I just thought I would let my compatriots know that the game is live on Channel 5, starting at the typically- selfish- American time of 0130 GMT. Get thinking of your reasons for phoning in sick. :D (I'm on holiday all this week, so I only have to account to Miss Gomezcat). GO PATS! I'll see some of you in the chatroom.
  2. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

What????? She's not staying up to watch and criticize throughout the broadcast how soft American Football players are compared to British Rugby players??????

I'm disappointed.
  3. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

LMAO. She's done that to death, although she likes to poke fun on here occasionally (purely for fun).
    I've shown her some of the DVDs that I get of the games, as well as the youtube compilations you get with Ronnie Lott et al. She has been disabused of the notion that Football is soft. :D
  4. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

in IT too...

the game will be alive too in Italy (Sky)

Go Pats !!!
  5. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 10 / -9

I am good friends with a Brit emigre to America. I remember him jeering at American football since there was substitution and the play constantly stopped. He used to speak of the toughnesss of "football players" who run around continuously for an hour or more.

Then he started to catch on that the American game is an "explosion & power" game more than an "endurance" game. As for toughness, he stopped talking about that. He also ceased mentioning the athleticism and ballet like instincts of a good striker, when he saw the acrobatic acts of some WRs...

Today he is an avid American football and Pats fan, and says he can't stand to watch a boring "football" game of the "soccer"' variety any longer. He absolutely detests the all to frequent situation where they play a game to a tie for over an hour than play, and completely different one-on-one game shootout that has nothing to do with the "real" "football" game.

He can't bring himelf to call it Soccer. It'll always be "football" to him, though.
  6. F0nSY

F0nSY Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#22 Jersey

In spain too,the game will be in live for Sportmanía (digital +,Spain).
  7. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

i think this game will be available in many european countries

very very good !

i'm looking forward also if, for us, it will be a real 'night' game...