PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indy game a sure prime timer now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
...not that it wasn't going to be anyway but this may have bumped it up to opening weekend now. The drama of having Adam's first game as a Dolt here in Gillette would be a great story line for a Sunday night game.

Any time the Colts and Pats play, it's prime time for a host of reasons, but I'm not sure a kicker controversy is on anyone's radar outside New England and Indianapolis.

QB controversy, WR controversy, linebackers and coaches. Sure. I mean in a league with Brady and Manning, with T.O. and Keyshawn, with Chad Johnson and Ray Lewis, Parcells and Belichick, there are enough styles and personalities to fill a horse trailer. But kickers?

Sure, I'm disappointed over what's happened, but I don't think this is national news for more than a couple of minutes.

wait till nite-time football

PatsFan37 said:
Any time the Colts and Pats play, it's prime time for a host of reasons, but I'm not sure a kicker controversy is on anyone's radar outside New England and Indianapolis.

QB controversy, WR controversy, linebackers and coaches. Sure. I mean in a league with Brady and Manning, with T.O. and Keyshawn, with Chad Johnson and Ray Lewis, Parcells and Belichick, there are enough styles and personalities to fill a horse trailer. But kickers?

Sure, I'm disappointed over what's happened, but I don't think this is national news for more than a couple of minutes.
is it deserving of national attention? naw.
will it be played up when they next meet in prime time? heck yeah. gives the media some contrived controversy, something to babble about, to hump the game.
37, IMO nfl's been "fubar" for a few seasons now. your opinions?

ilduce06410 said:
is it deserving of national attention? naw.
will it be played up when they next meet in prime time? heck yeah. gives the media some contrived controversy, something to babble about, to hump the game.
37, IMO nfl's been "fubar" for a few seasons now. your opinions?
The NFL's been fubar. In what sense? The media or the crazies on and off the field that feed the media their breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Hasn't it always been that way? Or has the media-now instant world of radio and internet made it so much more than it is?

I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back