PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indianapolis? Hello? Anyone home? (update: Peyton Manning signs new contract)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Indy's backup QB woes are over

Peyton just signed a 5 year, $90 million deal. Orlovsky will see the field in week 17 for the next few years.

If they don't address some of their protection issues, Peyton and that neck of his might not make it until week 17. Orlovsky may be starting a whole lot sooner than anyone thinks.

Am I correct inn thinking that this is the QB who ran out the back of the endzone avoiding Jaren Allen?

Am I correct inn thinking that this is the QB who ran out the back of the endzone avoiding Jaren Allen?

You would be correct.

Re: Indianapolis? Hello? Anyone home? (merged)

It's weird that the Colts are sitting still like this. The top-tier trades and signings are done or those still in the mix have no mention of Indianapolis. Their draft was fine but just five players that might help out. The two tackles might help the o-line but not immediately - lines need time to gel and work as a unit.

Its tough to see the Colts winning their division and look suspect as a wild card with the team they have. Their schedule is packed with mediocrities that are making real moves to get better until they slam into the Patriots at Foxboro and the Ravens in Baltimore in early December.

The rivalry has been great but it looks like the Colts have stopped trying.

they sittin? Indy front office outplayerd NE last 6 years or so

Manning gets his moolah

ESPN News - Mortensen: Colts and 4-time MVP Peyton Manning agree on new 5-year contract worth $90 million

Not enough talent? The Colts didn't legitimately lose a game in 2009 until the Super Bowl. What talent did they have then that we don't have now?

We're stacked at WR and running back. We have Wayne, Garcon, Collie, and Blaire White at wide receiver. Before you act like that's nothing, remember your defense was completely clueless on how to defend Collie & Blaire White last season. Next we have Clark and Tamme at tight end, I don't even need to clarify. At running back we have Addai, Brown, Hart, and Javarris James.

You're judging our future based on 2010 when Garcon, Collie, Clark, Addai, Brown, and Hart were banged up the entire season and missed multiple games. The Colts had over 72 different players on their roster throughout the year and were the most injury-ridden team in the league. Despite that, you need a miracle Manning int that was basically in the red-zone to beat us and we still won the division and won as many playoff games as you did.

Remember when the Colts were done in 2008, after going one and done to the Chargers? The same thing was being said prior to the '09 season and we won 14 straight and made it to the Super Bowl.

But believe what you want to believe...when the Colts win the division are in the playoffs YET AGAIN, I will be back here. Enjoy.

Addai, Hart and Rhodes are all FA's. Even if resigned Addai is a joke. Who have the Colt's resigned besides the just announced Manning deal? Vinatieri?

That would be the link in my post, yes. :D

Re: Manning gets his moolah

Seems perfectly reasonable. Well done on both sides.

Now if the Colts could just pull themselves out of their long run of draft disasters, they could have a nice football team going. :) (For all the talk that Manning's contracts have hamstrung the team so he had to carry them on his back, it's really their lousy drafting that's been the issue.)

I look at the AFC South and I see no contenders except the Colts. All they need is Peyton Manning and semi-competent receivers, which they have. The other teams have extremely good RBs but shoddy QB play to go with it, which is why they never win. If they were serious about winning, somebody there would have put up the money for Nnamdi, like the Texans.

Last edited:

I look at the AFC South and I see no contenders except the Colts. All they need is Peyton Manning and semi-competent receivers, which they have. The other teams have extremely good RBs but shoddy QB play to go with it, which is why they never win. If they were serious about winning, somebody there would have put up the money for Nnamdi, like the Texans.

The Texans should push the Colts for the division, IMO.

The Texans got a younger, very good CB in Joseph, widely considered the #2 CB on the market. It was smart to lock him up before Nmadi made his choice.

If I was a Colt's fan the one thing I'd be worried about is the O-Line. Ijalana I believe will be a good player long term but rookies are rookies. Peyton is very good at getting rid of the ball quickly but he got smacked around more last year than any year I can remember. With the neck it has to be a concern.

I also like Kirkpatrick when Saturday, who's 36, finally breaks down. I'm not saying that's this year but eventually.

The way it looks now the Colts are staggering. I expect to see a standing 8 count somewhere middle to late season if they don't address some of their issues. Houston seems to be doing a good job of drafting talent despite the David Carr Fiasco.

I heard on Sirius NFL Radio that Manning gets $23 million a year for the first three years and $10 million a year for the last two. It is such BS that Manning tried to get less than Brady. He wanted more in the first three years. What Manning got was a 3 year, $69 million contract and a lot of media ball washing that he altruistically took less money.

Last edited:

And Florio backs this up:

Manning will get $69 million in first three years | ProFootballTalk

So Manning altruistically took the "same" money as Brady, but will get paid far more than Brady. So over the next three years, Manning will make the same as Brady except he will really make $20 million more.

Last edited:

The Colts have let Kelvin Hayden go and have re-signed Joseph Addai...

Who is going to play CB for the Colts????

The Colts have let Kelvin Hayden go and have re-signed Joseph Addai...

Who is going to play CB for the Colts????

Go grab the knee brace out of the closet and go try out. I give you a 80/20 odds you'll make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back