PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Independent arbitrator sues Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good one!!!

This just shows what a **** bag goodell is. He and his jest minions have strung this out so they could try and cover all the bases. There used the time between the june 23 hearing and yesterday coming up with excuses for as to why all other instances of ball tampering, wife beating, child abuse were irrelevent. They knew brady and the union would would sue so at the same time goodell was further tarnishing brady with the 'destroyed his phone' headline, his lawyers were filling a premtive suit which will lead to the image of brady ordering a flunky to smash his phone will stick in the minds of all who watch football.

Ain't evil just grand? :oops:

UGH! I didn't realize an arbitrator could immediately petition the court to confirm an award (sounded like an advisory opinion to me) but apparently I stand corrected.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/9/9

So venue (at least initially) becomes a "footrace" of who files first? That sucks!

BTW, does anyone know which SDNY judge is assigned to the case?

stupid & misleading thread title, on old news from yesterday afternoon.

UGH! I didn't realize an arbitrator could immediately petition the court to confirm an award (sounded like an advisory opinion to me) but apparently I stand corrected.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/9/9

So venue (at least initially) becomes a "footrace" of who files first? That sucks!

BTW, does anyone know which SDNY judge is assigned to the case?

An unpartial judge should see the NFL venue shopped and rule it should be held were Brady filed.

They aren't suing Tom Brady. They are trying to get the ruling upheld.

Stinks of dead fish that their minion was probably standing at the door with the paper work in his briefcase while Roger was reading the punishment.

Any unbiased judge should see this for what it was.

Is this a genuine concern?

Regardless, it reeks of corrupt ********. Has the NFL ever went this above & beyond, using such a legal tactic, to ensure a player stays suspended?

Maybe it comes from living in NYC too long, but this is exactly the kind of move I would have anticipated. When you're playing with sharks, you have to be ready for anything.

It seems to me that Brady and the NFLPA would have been expected to have had a team of people camped out in a Massachusetts or Minnesota Federal Court building with a generic request for an Injunction ready to go and laptops and a portable printer at hand to amend it as needed (just another example of how litigation billings get into the seven figure range very quickly).

I sure hope that our $1,000 an hour lawyers weren't outsmarted by their $1,000 an hour lawyers on this one.

They aren't suing Tom Brady. They are trying to get the ruling upheld.

Stinks of dead fish that their minion was probably standing at the door with the paper work in his briefcase while Roger was reading the punishment.

More evidence of Goodell's "good faith." Filing with the NY district court the instant the decision was issued. :mad:

I'm curious as to why Brady's legal team wasn't ready to file. For pete's sake, I thought these days all federal court filings could be done electronically so it could have been done remotely.

Is this a genuine concern?

Regardless, it reeks of corrupt ********. Has the NFL ever went this above & beyond, using such a legal tactic, to ensure a player stays suspended?

Venue most certainly is a genuine concern, if that's what you're asking. In a perfect world, it wouldn't matter at all; in our world, it's critically important.

NY is as bad as it gets venue wise for Brady.

Maybe it comes from living in NYC too long, but this is exactly the kind of move I would have anticipated. When you're playing with sharks, you have to be ready for anything.

It seems to me that Brady and the NFLPA would have been expected to have had a team of people camped out in a Massachusetts or Minnesota Federal Court building with a generic request for an Injunction ready to go and laptops and a portable printer at hand to amend it as needed (just another example of how litigation billings get into the seven figure range very quickly).

I sure hope that our $1,000 an hour lawyers weren't outsmarted by their $1,000 an hour lawyers on this one.
Except I don't remember them doing this in ANY of the other high profile discipline disputes.

At worst, the CBA doesn't allow Vincent to hand down such a punishment. There's noway around that fact. Get Goodell to hand it down and file it in Minny after going through the process....again.

No need for a "camp out." In SDNY (Southern District of NY federal court), you can start a case electronically. I'd be surprised if all the other federal district courts didn't have this option.

I'm very surprised that Brady's legal team didn't INSTANTLY file the petition the moment they received the adverse decision if they knew there was any chance they could lose their choice of venue.

No need for a "camp out." In SDNY (Southern District of NY federal court), you can start a case electronically. I'd be surprised if all the other federal district courts didn't have this option.

I'm very surprised that Brady's legal team didn't INSTANTLY file the petition the moment they received the adverse decision if they knew there was any chance they could lose their choice of venue.
That just makes it worse! Thanks for the depressing news. Not only are the other guys playing dirty, but, apparently, they're playing smarter than our guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots