PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indemnification?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. One of the conspiracy theories I've been batting around in my mind is that he wanted his 15 minutes of fame, so he exaggerated just a wee bit to the media, and things spiralled out of his control.

So my theory is simply that he doesn't have anything but he doesn't want to look like a fool after pretending that he did, so he is finding an excuse not to testify. Now I ain't saying I believe my own theory, but perhaps it's something to consider...

i dunno, but that makes as much sense as anything else i've read.

I have been dealing with indemnification agreements for many years. What Walsh wants is to be reimbursed or the NFL to pay for all expenses and civil judgments against him as a result of his breaking his confidentiality agreement.

Also, the NFL would be crazy to indemnify him if he is sued for slander or liable and is found liable for that.

They cannot indemnify him if he is charged with perjury and convicted as that is a criminal charge.
in·dem·ni·fy
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/ɪnˈdɛm
thinsp.png
nəˌfaɪ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-dem-nuh-fahy] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –verb (used with object), -fied, -fy·ing. 1.to compensate for damage or loss sustained, expense incurred, etc. 2.to guard or secure against anticipated loss; give security against (future damage or liability).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes