PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Incredible. I Actually Now Feel Sympathy for Raider Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
umm, LOL

i dont watch many raiders games, but LOL, i really dont know anyone he mentioned from the raiders (that are the best at their positions/ about to become stars) other than asomugha and kelly, LOL

I feel bad for Raiders fans. Their team is going to be terrible until Al Davis dies. It has to be a terrible feeling knowing that your team probably won't be any better 5 years from now.

The sad thing is that just a decade ago the Raiders were still good at resurrecting careers of veterans.

I still think the Raiders are a QB and D Line away from being decent, but that QB is not Russell and that D Line is not what they have now, although Seymour is a HUGE step in the right direction.

When the person on the team that the players must look up to as an example which is basically the HC gets caught up in a slugfest with another coach and saying he wanted to kill the guy shows you there is deep disfunction going well beneath the talent on that team - If you don't have a role model at the helm you have NOTHING.

Most teams owners would have immediately suspended or fired this coach or at least ept him from running the team until this was resolved in a legal manner..but not in Oakland where its O.K. to be a troubled individual :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I love the first post.

"Hey Richard, I know you heard bad things about the Raiders, but the ting is the Raiders are consisted of a bunch of overrated, underachievers who constantly complain and have given you the wrong impression about what playing in Oakland is all about."

Seriously, trashing former Raiders players as either underachievers in Oakland or just crybabies or complainers doesn't really speak well for the organization now does it. Especially when you have Moss breaking records once he left.

Yeah, it's not terribly classy on Seymour's part as he's basically saying that their team sucks and he doesn't want to play for them.

I'd be insulted if I were a Raider fan.

Ahaha. Good stuff.

The Raiders are a sane owner and a good coach away from breaking even.

raiders+loss.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody listen to the JT the Brick show on Fox Sports Radio? I'm guessing maybe not for several reasons... 1) he doesn't come on until 1am Eastern, 2) there are plenty of other options for sports talk radio in New England which are focused on local sports, and 3) he's an idiot. Anyway, many of you probably at least know who he is.

His show is based in LA and he is in some capacity employed by the Raiders, though I can't figure out what he does. I hate his show but sometimes when I'm driving late at night it's the only sports talk I can tune in. He's always bragging and promoting himself as the best and the first, but then when his show is really sucking he blames it on the listeners for making lousy calls or not calling in at all. He is really shocked when people aren't calling, like it would never occur to him that nobody really wants to talk to him. :mad: End of rant.

Yesterday he was really insulted by Seymour not showing up. He said "I'm a Raiders employee. I showed up to work today. Where's Richard Seymour? Why didn't he show up?" He ranted about how the Raiders were a better franchise than the Patriots with more Superbowls and playoff wins (or something like that), so he can't understand why Seymour would be pissed about being traded to Oakland. The whole situation was really ticking him off, and I was actually starting to enjoy listening to him rave. I hope Seymour reports and gets this thing over with, but in the mean time it's kinda fun to listen to this guy get slapped in the face.

I feel bad for the fans, not so much for the organization. Where it is good to be a Patriots fan, it is not so good to be a Raiders fan. I find it pretty easy to show some sympathy to those who truly enjoy the sport and have to suffer through tumultuous seasons... and off-seasons.

Raider fans are priceless, clueless is more like it; they are doing wonderful things with electroshock therapy, some of them should look into it.

For real.

If you took an xray of the average Raidier fans skull, the image would show a hampster running on a wheel..................

Last edited:
Between Stingley and the 76 playoff robbery there will be payback for the next 50 years. No sympathy for Radier nation.

Between Stingley and the 76 playoff robbery there will be payback for the next 50 years. No sympathy for Radier nation.

I don't blame the Raider fans for Stingley or the ghost call of '76. Tatum owns all of the Stingley incident and Dreith the bad call. Matter of fact I give a lot of credit to Madden and Upshaw for what they did for Stingley.

Now, that said......karma can be a *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes