Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
found this at barstoolsports.com

Attachments

• cheatedk.jpg
    cheatedk.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 225
HA! That's pretty interesting but still, there is no use crying over spilled milk. The Steelers won it this year. We'll be taking it back next year. Until then, Pittsburgh, keep our trophy warm.

HA! That's pretty interesting but still, there is no use crying over spilled milk. The Steelers won it this year. We'll be taking it back next year. Until then, Pittsburgh, keep our trophy warm.

This picture was taken after the receiver had already secured the football and gotten both feet down. It's been circulating around, but if you watch a video of it you can see that both toes touch before the receiver goes out of bounds. Nice try though. I know how you Pats fans love you conspiracy theories!:D

This picture was taken after the receiver had already secured the football and gotten both feet down. It's been circulating around, but if you watch a video of it you can see that both toes touch before the receiver goes out of bounds. Nice try though. I know how you Pats fans love you conspiracy theories!:D

Looks incomplete to me...your not changing my mind.

Looks incomplete to me...your not changing my mind.

I could care less about "changing your mind". The refs called it a complete pass. They reviewed it and STILL called it a complete pass. The footage clearly shows it was a complete pass. Bottom line....It was a complete pass. If you want to live in conspiracy fantasy land, help yourself. Doesn't change the fact that the Steelers are Super Bowl champs.

Whatever helps you sleep at night though. :rolleyes:

To be honest, I thought at the time of the completion that his right foot was atop his left foot and not on the ground, but it really doesn't matter, the refs called it a TD. It would've only been about the 10th worst call in that game anyway.

Last edited:
I actually have a great photo of the catch, but I need to upload it to a webiste to post it hereon the forums. Unfortunately, photo sharing sites are blocked here at work, so it'll have to wait. This photo I have should erase any doubt. But then again....you ARE Pats fans. :D

Great, good for you, why don't you make a teeshirt out of it because we all know how much Steeler fans like to make teeshirts.

Hopefully your brainpan can digest the meaning of that.

Great, good for you, why don't you make a teeshirt out of it because we all know how much Steeler fans like to make teeshirts.

Hopefully your brainpan can digest the meaning of that.

Nah, I don't need ANOTHER t-shirt! My drawers are already filled with all of those Super Bowl Champion shirts. :D

Nah, I don't need ANOTHER t-shirt! My drawers are already filled with all of those Super Bowl Champion shirts. :D

which are tainted by steroid use and HGH peddling doctors

Its pretty much the exact same catch that Randy Moss made against the Jets to send that game to overtime this year.

Moss scores!

Look, his right foot is off the ground in the above photo link...must not have really caught it with that one single still shot showing his foot up.

Exactly. Of course someone finds one single still shot that shows his toe not touching the ground. Nevermind that the picture was taken after the receiver gained possession of the ball! :rolleyes:

"Wow....now THAT'S ironic. A Pats fan talking about "tainted" Super Bowls. :eek:

That's just priceless...."

What's so effin priceless about it ballwasher? Explain to the class how any of our wins are tainted (THIS should be priceless)........

And you really don't need to jump into every thread that knocks the Steelers and defend them; we all get it, you won the game, it's over, the season is history and a new one begins in a little more than seven months (thank effin Christ for small miracles).

Last edited:
"Nah, I don't need ANOTHER t-shirt! My drawers are already filled with all of those Super Bowl Champion shirts. :D"

Not what I was referring to regarding a Steeler fan putting something on a teeshirt; guess I gave you too much credit for understanding where I was going with my post.

And good for you, you must look like a real prize waddling around in your medium sized Super Bowl Champions Teeshirt (any of them really) from the 70's; you know, especially the white ones with the yellow armpit stains.

How attractive.

Oh and I knew your true colors would come out sooner than later Steeler fan; pulling the wool over everyones eyes with your Patriot ballwashing and your "Thanks Patriot fans" for allowing you to post on our site and "talk football", or more to the point, you gloating on a Patriots fan forum.

Had you lost last Sunday, I'd bet all the tea in China you'd have never come back here again, but since you won, you're like **** at a rodeo, ie, everywhere.

Last edited:
When I saw the play on TV I was confident that the catch was legit.
Then I saw this picture, and started to wonder.
ss-090201-superbowl-jc-4.ss_full.jpg

Of course, this is a single shot rather than a sequence of shots, so though it does raise doubts you can't tell if that toe was lifted after having been on the ground earlier.

Then there was the picture below, which should erase any doubts.
holmescatch.JPG

Granted, you can't see the ball, but on videos from the other side it was apparent that possession was never in question; Holmes never juggled the ball.

The refs did get this call correct (though not the post-TD celebration by Holmes, or several other calls - on both sides - but we can save that for another thread.)

Last edited:
"Nah, I don't need ANOTHER t-shirt! My drawers are already filled with all of those Super Bowl Champion shirts. :D"

Not what I was referring to regarding a Steeler fan putting something on a teeshirt; guess I gave you too much credit for understanding where I was going with my post.

And good for you, you must look like a real prize waddling around in your medium sized Super Bowl Champions Teeshirt (any of them really) from the 70's; you know, especially the white ones with the yellow armpit stains.

How attractive.

Oh and I knew your true colors would come out sooner than later Steeler fan; pulling the wool over everyones eyes with your Patriot ballwashing and your "Thanks Patriot fans" for allowing you to post on our site and "talk football", or more to the point, you gloating on a Patriots fan forum.

Had you lost last Sunday, I'd bet all the tea in China you'd have never come back here again, but since you won, you're like **** at a rodeo, ie, everywhere.

Hey, I knew what your T-shirt comment meant. You were talking about that jackhole that started the fanclub t-shirt. I've stated plenty of times I'd rather play a Brady lead Patriots team. Means more if we can beat Brady.

As for the 70s T-shirts, I wish I had my old 70s Steelers shirts. I do however still have my Bradshaw Jersey, the one Champion Made years go. I'd have to look up when they actually had the contract to make those. Its so bad, its all faded...I love it.

And to the last point. I had my post ready if we would have lost.

"Well, at least I don't have to beg for a name change." Something along those lines. Heck, it wouldn't be the first SB I'd have witnessed them losing. Which still hurts. Effing Neil. But I would have came back. No doubt. I like the banter and since you guys are our Nemesis, its much more fun chatting with you guys over any other fans in the league. I mean, really, Where Else can I go? Jets Forum? Raiders Forum?

Ravens Forum although that's such a hatred and rivalry I'd be banned in like 2 posts for sure.

Cowboys? No thanks.

Giants? Please god no. I always hated NY/NJ Sports Teams. I couldn't even tolerate those people when I grew up in Jersey for petes sake.

Dino, that post was not directed at you, you are a class act top shelf fan, so no worries.

Enjoy the win (and the screen name change as a result).

And regarding your comment about watching your team lose in the Super Bowl; it's a kick in the nuts, no doubt about it. Sort of expected it in 1986 and 1996 AND 2001, but thankfully they won in 2001, probably the biggest victory in Boston sports history (at that time). Expected them to win in 2003 and 2004 and they did.

Totally 1000% expected them to win last year; no doubt the biggest loss in the history of Boston sports.

Life goes on, win or lose.

How attractive.

I knew exactly what you were referring to about "making a shirt". I was coming back at you with a little sarcasm. Ever heard of it? If you've read any of my other posts regarding the d-bag that made those shirts, you'd know my opinion about him.

I'll proudly "waddle around" in any of my Steelers Championship shirts, thank you. So, if that was another attempt at an insult, try again.

How exactly am I gloating by the way? By disagreeing with you about this "controversy" someone cooked up over the Holmes catch? I didn't realize that was the same thing as gloating. My bad I guess.

My true colors have FINALLY come out, huh? Sorry to break it to ya buddy, but I never tried to hide my "true colors". And to be completely honest, I could care less if you like me or not. I'm not here to make friends with you. Call my post thanking the decent Pats fans and the people who run this site "ballwashing" or whatever else you care to throw at it. I've been posting on this site for a few years now, and I really could care less if you like that or not either. And I most certainly WOULD have been here, win or lose in the SB. I enjoy some of the discussions and debates that go on here. There's some knowledgable football fans here, and it's fun to throw different ideas around.

So excuse me if I don't go running off crying now. I'm sure that tough guy routine works sometimes, but not with me. If you don't like my posts, feel free to ignore them, or if you want to bash me, have at it. It's all good. ;)

"I knew exactly what you were referring to about "making a shirt". I was coming back at you with a little sarcasm. Ever heard of it?" Sure I've heard of it; if that was your attempt at it, is was piss poor at best.

"I'll proudly "waddle around" in any of my Steelers Championship shirts".....Hey if the shoe fits, go for it.

"How exactly am I gloating by the way?" Why don't you go back and read some of the crap you've written around here recently; "Pittsburgh Steelers, 6 time Super Bowl Champs"...............this is a Patriots message board asshat, we get it.

"My true colors have FINALLY come out, huh?" With your smart ***** comments about the Patriots cheating their way to Super Bowl wins, yes, your true colors have come out you nitwit, get a clue.

"And to be completely honest, I could care less if you like me or not." Good, because I don't like you, you're a two faced fraud dressed in black and yellow.

"Ive been posting on this site for a few years now, and I really could care less if you like that or not either." I could give two sh!ts what you do around here. This is a Patriots website, post all you want, be prepared to get your balls broken, like it or not.

"I'm sure that tough guy routine works sometimes, but not with me." Tough guy? Take it down a few notches ok and relax, you'll live a lot longer.

Looking forward to reading more of your drivel around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots