Welcome to PatsFans.com

Inception

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by KontradictioN, Jul 16, 2010.

1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,821 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

Inception :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews

Getting excellent reviews. This one is the best I've read. I've been wanting to see this movie for over a year now since I knew that Christopher Nolan (Memento, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight) was behind it. Supposedly, it took him a decade to write the script for it and it doesn't sound like it will disappoint.
  2. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

They sure are making alot of movies nowdays that you hear on the current events-up-to-date-technology-wire.

Next week's release, "Salt" with Angelina Jolie, I believe is another one.(ie-the mind control aspect)
  3. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,821 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

The only difference is that "Salt" is probably going to suck.
  4. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#3 Jersey

I read somewhere that it is basically 'Jason Bourne as a woman'
  5. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +94 / 2 / -3

Haven't seen it yet - no FastPass movie on this one for me - this sounds like a must see in the movies - IMAX preferably

Christopher Nolan was the icing on the cake for me

The cake itself is that its a Martin Scorcese movie... everything he does is always over the top, but in a good way.
  6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I'm fascinated with the previews, heres someones review:

Jacques

This is the best film this summer. Its like Ocean's 11 and the Matrix had a baby, and that baby met the baby of Memento and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and those two babies had a baby and that baby is Inception. If you couldn't follow the levels of babies in the explanation the rabbit hole that Inception presents may go down too deep for you. For the rest of us its a great ride that actually keeps you entertained for 2+ hours with just enough romance and laughs thrown in to satisfy all audiences. (but not enough to take it away. ) Joseph Gordon Levitt is turning into one of Hollywood's best young actors and this will only elevate his profile. Christopher Nolan delivers yet another hit.

SaintPetersburg

Saw the midnight screening. Got home at 3:30 with a massive headache(not complaining at all), slept for 3 hours, and went to work. I can't stop thinking about it and its implications. It was THAT good. Very fast paced and more action packed than I had anticipated. I almost wish there was some breathing room in the scenes, because they moved so fast. The huge dream sequence in the 3rd act left me speechless, and the ending, devastated (assuming I interpreted it right).
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  7. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,821 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

:confused: I don't anywhere where Scorcese had anything to do with this.
  8. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +94 / 2 / -3

You know what? I must be thinking of Shutter Island - which seems to have a lot of the same themes and cinematography though I understand they are two very different movies.
  9. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,821 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

Yeah. That was a Scorcese flick. I had to double check to make sure he wasn't involved.
  10. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I just saw it and MAN was it great! The whole theater actually applauded at the end, which I had never seen happen before. I was tempted to buy another ticket and watch it a second time, because it's just one of those types of movies.

Whatever you're doing tomorrow, cancel your plans and go see it.
  11. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,821 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

I'm planning on seeing it at some point this week. Thanks for the recommendation. Nolan is an awesome director and the cast is loaded with talent. This movie looked like a slam dunk from Jump St.
  12. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The last time I was in a packed theater was 1999(I think), long time ago either way.

Since then, movie theaters and megaplexes are on every street corner, it seems, no different from your typical fast-food joint on every street corner too. Maybe that's why the theaters nowdays(at least the good ones I've been to) haven't been packed since.
  13. Pats Fanatic

Pats Fanatic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#54 Jersey

I saw it today and it was really good. It's refreshing to see an intelligent sci-fi movie again they don't make many of these anymore. It's the type of movie that must be seen more then once and I can't wait to see it again. Loved the ending.
    I do think that it's as good as Nolan's The Dark Knight but not quite up to his master piece Memento, which is similar in a few ways.
  14. Calciumee

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#3 Jersey

At the end of Revenge of the Sith the cinema applauded :)
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +516 / 6 / -2

I saw it today. SPOILER ALERT FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN IT. I thought it was a very good movie, and while not slow, it did lack a little bit of pace to it, that could have made it much, much better. Don't get me wrong, I was glued throughout the film. Some of the things that irked me were the a little too hard to believe parts where they were being shot at in the cab, and in the van. Too close not to be hit. I understand they were in a dream and all, but they could have made those scenes a little more realistic. Again, small little thing.

The ending left me somewhat disappointed. So apparently he was still dreaming. Why? I almost want to go see it again, to check if I missed something. I absolutely love movies like this, where you constantly have to pay attention to detail. This movie was a cross between Shutter Island and the Matrix. You always have to be aware of the little things. Great movie, but why was he still in a dream at the end?
  16. glm

glm Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -1

During the end the top starts to shake a little as if it might fall, then the movie justs end, so basically Nolan is leaving it for our interpretation.
  17. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Heard it was a great movie. Long but great and in 3D! To boost!
  18. Calciumee

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#3 Jersey

A friend said it is even better in IMAX; but I am happy if I ever get to see it :)
  19. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 4 / -0

MILD SPOILERS, OR REFERENCES TO MILD SPOILERS:

I loved this movie. I think the ending was perfect - it was Nolan's Inception on the audience, planting an idea in our heads to make us doubt what we thought was reality. It's one of the smarter mainstream movies to come out in a long time. It's very playful with the idea of reality & relating to film. The film - particularly the ending - demands a lot of thinking from the audience, and that's a welcome thing. I love how open for interpretation the ending is, though, apparently online, if you follow which scenes he's wearing a wedding ring in and which scene he's not, that may be a clue to what's what. Still, that's not concrete either, much like the top, its all up for interpretation. This movie will be talked about for quite some time.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  20. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 6 / -23

#61 Jersey

I thought the ending was a silly tease. You KNOW there will be a sequel and you KNOW it will open with the image of a spinning top.

Very good movie, but I liked the Matrix concept of alternate reality a lot better.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010