PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In your opinion is Jadeveon Clowney a 'Prima Donna' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luck was eligible for the draft, he could have left. Manziel is not considered a surefire top 5 pick, and Winston is going to have to have another season where he proves it as well. Clowney was the surefire #1 pick in the draft and was ineligible. That doesn't happen often at all, as none of your examples fit the criteria.
All those examples I gave fit the criteria 100%. They are all examples of players who were/are surefire top draft picks who gave 100% their final season in college.

Why is Clowney the only one who, in his infinite wisdom, decided giving a half-assed effort was the smart play?
Edit---I see another reasonable poster beat me to the punch on this point. I just wanted to weigh in on this because it's wrong. Not sure what Clowney did to so enrage SB39, but I fear it is clouding his judgment.
What have I said that makes you think I am "enraged"? I am just giving an impartial analysis of a guy who is highly overrated based primarily on one single play he had in a bowl game roughly 14 months ago.

I actually feel bad for him. I think ESPN did him more harm than good by showing that play over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I am not saying the guy will be a total bust, but he is not worthy of being the top pick. He had a very mediocre season this past year. The Clowney apologists are just being ridiculously lame in saying "oh well he just wasn't trying" (as if, somehow, a guy more focused on his payday than on actually playing well is a good thing).

I want everyone in this thread to promise to still be here a couple years from now. I'll be dishing out a lot of "I told you so's".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back