Welcome to PatsFans.com

In the Tank.................

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patriot_in_NY, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Pure comedy gold from CNN.

CHECK IT OUT

Yes folks, that is actually a MAJOR cable News Network fact-checking a SNL skit from last weekend. Is there any longer any doubt that the media is totally in the tank for Obama. I see they even managed to fit in another "Palin" referece while they were at it. :rolleyes:

What's next, hard-hitting, Investigative Journalists hitting the comedy-club circuit to root out corruption and "false-statements" by the comedians?

Good-grief............. and you all think Fox News is bad. :cool:

NEWSFLASH: This just in.......... Andy Sandburg and Justin Timberlake did not actually put their "D!cks in a Box" 2 Christmas's ago
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  2. lostjumper

lostjumper Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I wish I was surprised, but of course I'm not. I can't believe they took their time to do that. CNN isn't even journalism or news anymore for the most part. They are a propaganda machine. They won't even cover the ACORN story, even though Congress has cut the millions it receives and AG's all over the country are opening up investigations to look into the apparent corruption. Yet, that's not considered "newsworthy" anymore? It's pretty pathetic.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The media must be bored... now we are going to fact check SNL... what a waste of time..

thank god Belushi has passed on, and the rest of that crew is no longer active....
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

What is more pathetic is that no one is covering the Haliburton, Xe, Wackenhut, "The American Police Force" and the rest of the crew ripping off the US Taxpayer left and right.. Congress just passed a bill saying something to the effect that you cannot get money if you have pending charges, it was targeted at ACORN... wonder how that will effect the military industrial complex?? everyone likes to get their depends in a bunch over ACORN.. but no one talks about the incredibly huge dollars that are wasted continually by the defense industry.. and the amount of collateral corruption and waste...

Keep chasing the minnows, but ignore the sharks...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...igible-for-up-to-8-billion-more-44406217.html

All the while Blackwater was complicit in the killing of innocent iraqi's, building substandard house for our military in Iraq which resulted in deaths, gouging the price of gas... now Eric Prince their head is accused of murder... but for the most part congress and the press are silent, ACORN makes a nice scapegoat.. but in reality it is a little fish in a huge pond of corruption.

In 2003 the government gave over 1 billion dollars to "faith based initiatives".. the kings of double dippers.. it is all fraudulent, and all a bunch of bullshyt.. we will never see any congress or prez elected that will ever confront the military industrial complex or the religious folks.. they bleed us dry, but we whine about pittances compared to who is really stealing from the government coffers..
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I don't know why the right wing pretends they don't have Fox and talk radio in the bag. The fact is, to whatever degree liberals have strength in the media, conservatives have strength as well. CNN's report probably has more to do with the changing environment for tv and newspapers. TV and newspapers are struggling to connect with the under 40 set, who tend to get most of their information from the internet, and do not watch tv news. That's the only reason why I could think CNN would run such a silly story.
  6. lostjumper

lostjumper Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Much like CNN fact checked SNL skits about Palin, Cheney, and Bush...wait, that never happened. Your point is valid if they fact check all skits, but when they only do those critizing Obama then it's not trying to reach a new audience. It's trying to help the image of the guy they are in the tank for. Nice try Patters.
  7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The thing is that in the 70's when Chevy Chase kept tripping over stuff whenever he was portraying Ford the nation knew he was kidding. The righties of today seem to think that SNL's skit revolving around Obama was the unvarnished truth. CNN hasn't changed, SNL hasn't changed, its the people of America that have changed. The country has gotten noticeably dumber in the past 30 years.
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I don't think CNN is especially liberal. I don't think Wolf Blitzer is anywhere as partisan as Bill O'Reilly or Glen Beck, for instance, but this particular story certainly was partisan. Then again, if you're going after the under 40 demographic, you probably want to be more pro-Obama. The people who oppose Obama tend to be older, more focused on the holding on to what they have, then looking to the future. Also, I don't think Wolf Blitzer is as representative of CNN as Bill O'Reilly is of Fox News.
  9. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

It goes both ways..... Though I think SNL spends more time and has more fun trashing/lampooning the right. Maybe it’s because they play to a younger more liberal audience for the most part. Dummies are not left or right specific. How many people out there still think Palin actually said she could see Russia from her house?
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Wait until you see the Obama News Service in action when Sarah Palins book comes out, Chris Matthews will drown on his own Drool yelling about her.
  12. billdog3484

billdog3484 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

hahaha!!!! that is hillarious. Cnn is a joke...who fact checks a comedy skit
  13. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Meanwhile the main story on foxnews.com is about David Letterman's wife demanding that he apologize.

"Coke and Pepsi."
  14. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Its going to be EPIC!!!! :singing: