Welcome to PatsFans.com

In the tank

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 6 / -2

We get 7 Time covers for Obama, to the 2 for McCain. We get zero mention of Edwards affair, and love child, until the NE catches him red handed, and even then it takes his admission to make it regular news. I won't even mention the NYT and it's inuendo, smear piece on McCain, while it puts a giant, Obama love picture on the front page right next to it. So, Us Weekly's Friday cover?

It isn't this past cover of theirs.

[​IMG]

It's this one.

[​IMG]
  2. Real World

Ratings:
    +458 / 6 / -2

So who is Us Weekly?

3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +348 / 3 / -13

You said it all when you wrote the words "Tabloid Magazine". The very definition of this media genre infers no responsibility to fairness. It is not a news magazine, so whatever they want to print is right in line with what they do....provide tabloid news stories.

Did you actually think they have an obligation to being "fair"?
  4. Real World

Ratings:
    +458 / 6 / -2

How about honest?
  5. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Who cares?
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 6 / -7

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but you get Fox News 24-hour bias and have control of the radio airwaves.

If the righties want to change things, they should become journalists.
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Love how the conservz are b!tchin about a media bias....

Thats funny to me.....

where have you guys been for the last 7+ years?

FOR THE 9MILLIONTH TIME:

"The whole idea of the 'liberal media' was often used as an excuse by conservatives for conservative failures."

-William Kristol
  8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +348 / 3 / -13

I haven't read any of it nor will I since I don't read tabloid magazines. could you post the exact lies you are referring to?
  9. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +159 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

That's where John Edwards screwed up. When he thought he was secretly meeting his girlfreind at the hotel the reporters were there waiting for him. He should have met her where McCain was staying where there were no reporters at all :p
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +458 / 6 / -2

You don't even have cable!!!
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +458 / 6 / -2

I love how the left wing quotes William Kristol to reinforce their position. Now THAT is funny.
  12. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +453 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Who cares that the media is trying to brainwash the American people into who they should vote for ? Did you type that with a straight face ?
  13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +348 / 3 / -13

C'mon R-Dub...I'm waiting for the list of lies you refer to:cool:
  14. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's a tabloid that has little influence. Everyone, including media, has their own biases anyway.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +458 / 6 / -2

By honesty I'm refering to coming forward with their position behind Obama in this election. I don't have a problem with people rooting for one side, over the other, so long as they make it public information. When you poo-poo one candidate, and vilify another, without letting it be known why, I think that's disengenuous. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I feel. Did they have a mag cover that said "Obama: Lies, scandal, whatever." Not at all. Yet, we could easily point to a number of incidents that could be listed as such. The greater media just bugs me.
  16. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Really..?

Thats what you find funny in his statement?

not the fact that he is exposing a right wing talking point and defining why right wingers complain about a leftist media bias?

REALLY?
  17. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ever since the Saturday Night Live skit back in the Spring, the media has been overcompensating by attacking Obama relentlessly ("Working people won't vote for him!" White people won't vote for him!" "Why isn't he leading by 20 points?" etc.) Finally they have stopped attacking him this week and they have now focused their attention elsewhere and it's because McCain shot himself in the foot by picking a terrible running mate.
  18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +348 / 3 / -13

You make a valid point. When you look at journalism as a profession and then look at the ideals of each party, it's easy to see why journalists are mostly democrats...at least that's how I feel.

to me, the biggest schism lies in the perception that the republican party is the party of corporate America and the democratic party is the party of the working class. I realize they are generalization and not completely true, but that is the perception as I see it and if there's any truth to it, you can see why journalists would gravitate toward the democrats.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +458 / 6 / -2

I would say the GOP is the party for corporations, like the Dems are the party for welfare recipients. To me that is more the reality. How can a party be for the working class, when they take their money and give it to the people who don't? Remember what Thomas Jefferson said:

You side with the democratic party, so of course in you eyes they are for working class people. I personally find both parties to be repulsive in their current standing. Each has been hijacked by extremists, and there is really no denying that fact. Extremists are to be feared, just like doomsdayers are to be ignored. Journalists gravitate to the left cuz of a number of factors. Some of it is cuz they're all college kids who drank, smoked, got laid, and never worked a hard day in their lives. Not to mention that their professors play a big role in shaping their thinking. Another part is that they've sought a career at a young age, where which emotion is a key component. Emotion is like religion. Also, there is the objectivity problem that accompanies journalism. If you're constantly reporting on misery, negativity, and suffering, it's likely that you'll ignore logic, in screaming that everything be done about it. Just some general observations. I could be way off.
  20. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +348 / 3 / -13

First of all, the government takes far less from those who have less....particularly the average American who makes $55K/yr. Keep in mind, I'm not in favor of a welfare "class" in America. One should not be able to choose not to work if one is able to work. Of course we as a society must provide for those who are unable to work.

Also, keep in mind the labor unions have always been pro-democrat. I am a HUGE proponent of our labor unions coming back in a big way. Corporations should not have any power over employees. but with corporations merging everyday, ther are fewer jobs to compete for. I could not imagine a world where employees did not have vacation time from work or where employees did not subsidize health care or retirement. But corporations are built to cut costs and that goes against humanity and rights for workers.

I see more & more people working longer than 40 hour weeks. they shouldn't need to do that. families have to have 2 wage earners to get what our parents got by having one working parent. In my job, I am expected to work weekends often times. My feeling on that is "Hey, I don't work 7 days a week!" I know I'm not the only one who this has happened to. Once again, businesses exist to serve humanity, not vice-versa. Life and the world is all about us, not the corporate world.

Businesses exist to give our people a means to pursue their dreams, people don't exist to work for corporations...we must never, ever lose sight of that. America and the world is about people. It shall never be about wealth or corporations, both of these are just a means to an end for the people. all things must serve the people of this nation. Never shall our people serve anything or anyone...that is democracy.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2008